Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s bury them, there isn’t much pressure on them right now which means they will play well, we have to be on form, they must pay for these last performances

Fuck them up then cruise into the champions league quarters please

I feel like a back 5 with Sanchez, toby and vertonghen is the way to go when we don’t have Dele available. I don’t wanna see Foyth, Trippier or Davies in that back line. Think Foyth has potential but needs to hit the gym. Davies is okay, but Rose will fight for the team. Enough has been said about trippier tonight.

Think a back 5 is a must until we can get Dele back in the side. Kane to step up and score a brace. I’m going with a nervy 2-1 win to us.

Lloris
KWP Toby Verts Rose
Wanyama Winks
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Feeling pessimistic about this match, but hopefully we'll get back to winning ways.

I just want 11 players that give a damn. That want to win. A bit of fighting spirit.

Last night against the chavs only Kane, Winks, Sissoko, Dav and Hugo looked like they gave a damn.

We can talk about winning mentality until the cows come home but we first need to develop a fighting mentality.

We are in trouble and Saturday is either the game where we regain an element of pride and return to winning ways or the game where the chasing pack for top 4 gets right behind us.

Like one of the pacesetters we look like we have collectively run out of steam.

It's too easy to blame players but they never mean to play badly so mine is an attack on our policy, which looks like it might come back to bite us and then a query on Pochettino, who has performed wonders but is again going to see us fall short at the business end.

I am not going into detail hear about 400 days without signing anyone but massive lessons need to be learned.

We can all draw on context and that in the round the squad has done well but that is glossing over the truth.

So it's really 2 issues for me. Squad quality and depth and then why we fall short literally every single time when the stakes are at their highest?

Absolutely no prediction from me about Saturday. The only fact is we will approach the game with some apprehension.

Last edited:
We are in trouble and Saturday is either the game where we regain an element of pride and return to winning ways or the game where the chasing pack for top 4 gets right behind us.

Like one of the leading pack we look like we have collectively run out of steam.

It's too easy to blame players but they never mean to play badly so mine is an attack on our policy, which looks like it might come back to bite us and then a query on Pochettino, who has performed wonders but is again going to see us fall short at the business end.

I am not going into detail hear about 400 days without signing anyone but massive lessons need to be learned.

We can all draw on context and that in the round the squad has done well but that is glossing over the truth.

So it's really 2 issues for me. Squad quality and depth and then why we fall short literally every single time when the stakes are at their highest?

Absolutely no prediction from me about Saturday. The only fact is we will approach the game with some apprehension.

Bang on mate

The players need to realise what a NLD means to us fans, and show some fucking fight on the pitch, I want the players to play like there lives depend on it, leave everything on the pitch , if I see a performance like last night then what is the point?

The players need to realise what a NLD means to us fans, and show some fucking fight on the pitch, I want the players to play like there lives depend on it, leave everything on the pitch , if I see a performance like last night then what is the point?

We have to show up.... I don't know what's happened - if its the players feeling sorry for themselves as they're "not in the title race" any more then they need to wake up.

Why are we not in the race? Because of them...... This team should not go down in the limp lack lustre way they did against Burnley AND Chelsea.

Eriksen should be benched but we just don't have the players..... Starting from the bench may help focus his mind and put a bit of the "I'll show them that they're wrong to bench me" into his game.

It will be horrible at Wembley if we play the same as we have in the last 2 games..... Woolwich will be up for it as they always seem able to motivate themselves for this and they've started to bang goals in.

I have absolutely no idea what will happen on Saturday - we'll find out soon enough whether we have a team who can dig in when it matters - de ja vu.

Lose this and we'll have given up 9 Points in 7 days to our rivals.

We've never lost 3 league games in a row under Pochettino.
We'd also never played a League match where we had zero shots in target.... Until last night........

Who's going to step up and scream and shout in the dressing room - because that's what we need right now.... Someone to fire them up and tell them to stop feeling sorry for themselves.

God I hope Dier is back.....

We'd also never played a League match where we had zero shots in target.... Until last night........

Who's going to step up and scream and shout in the dressing room - because that's what we need right now.... Someone to fire them up and tell them to stop feeling sorry for themselves.

God I hope Dier is back.....
First on the team sheet should be those who really know really what this game means to us the fans..
Winks ,rose,kane and dier..
Personally the seasons firstly all about beating those cunts
Form.goes out the window..but like someone else said we have to turn up.

In all honesty, I am dreading it. Woolwich will be up for this more than they were in the home game and now ALL the pressure is on us. They win and they go 1 point behind us. Don't forget Chelsea also have a game in hand over us, so they could also get within 1 point of us. Man Utd can go 2 points behind us too. We do NOT want to get dragged into a battle for fourth ffs.
We’re getting thumped

Back
Top Bottom