Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't believe there's no cover on the half-way line.!

No way Sanchez should be drawn that far into the Woolwich half. Wanyama/Sissoko's job.

Ok, it's a poor attempt by Sanchez, but no single ball should take out the entire defence.

Shockingly gung ho. Personally I think if we don't have the results we e had the last couple of games the team doesn't set up so headstrong and find themselves in this situation. Were we trying too hard perhaps? Got to have a cool head it's a little bit too much of a headbanger move looking at that screenshot of how we are lined up. Too many bombed into attacking areas and too many didn't have the awareness to sense danger for those that did doing so.

Absolutely love attack minded football but you can't do such an unprofessional job so early in a key game. Completely brought it on ourselves. You'd never see a well drilled Italian defender do something like what happened on Saturday. Patience, calmness and level heads needed we absolutely gifted them a goal

Even Pochettino recognised that in one of the post match interviews, saying that we were playing like it was the last 5 mins and needed a goal.

D00-sGjXcAASJ41.jpg

Our midfield for the opener.

Dreadful.

It’s only dreadful because Sanchez fucks the header though

More to the point, why the fuck are Toby and Jan in front of the CMs

15 pages of whether Kane was off, tweets, pundits, ex refs.....nothing about Xhaka not getting a red card though for a knee high studs up challenge from behind 2 meters from the ball.
That's settled though, why would there be an argument over that? All the comments & anger were after the game, ref fucked up .

Absolutely love attack minded football but you can't do such an unprofessional job so early in a key game.

We had our fill of brainless attacking football under Ardiles. "We''ll score more than them"

I can't remember when we were last taken out with a single pass. Always Alderweireld or Vertonghen (or Lloris) to sweep up.

I said in another thread, that the manager needs to decide what his defensive lineup looks like post-Alderwiereld and start drilling them pre-season. In my view. Lloris, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose. Play them week-in week-out so that they become a single unit - no rotation - barring injury. We'll also need another CB for cover, with Dier as the fall-back.

Let's get this season over with first!. On to Germany.

More to the point, why the fuck are Toby and Jan in front of the CMs

We were moving forward. Kane was expected to get a shot off, didn't, got dispossessed, ball lumped out toward Sanchez, fluffed header, rest is history.

Granted, there should have been someone covering the Sanchez lunge (or it should have been Wanyama/Sissoko making the challenge), but the whole passage of play only took a few seconds. Clearly the whole defence wasn't expecting Kane to lose the ball so cheaply.

All in all, pretty poor defending.

So now even when another team fucks up its regarded as Spursy? It ain't even a wanky website coming out with shit like this, it's the fucking BBC!!!

Shocking and unbelievable really. Used to be the pinnacle and now they're trash. If becoming a good team is hard enough as it is we've got the likes of the BBC giving us completely unjustied stereotypes to have to deal with.

Woolwich fucked it, let's still find a way to poke fun at Spurs. Unbelievable

I've seen their last couple of games, absolute farce!

There was another absolutely insane handball decision in Napoli v Juve last night. It wasn't not given by the ref, given by VAR. The ball was volleyed almost point-blank range (ONE YARD!!!) at Alex Sandro, who also has his back turned and it hits the top of his arm. This is not a deliberate handball!!!

It's making the game worse!
It was 100% a penalty and ultimately given by the ref, not VAR.

Those that are calling for VAR think it clears up issues like the offside, I think the penny is dropping that perhaps that it won't, and if it doesn't what is the point of bringing it in?
Of course it does - on Saturday with VAR Kane would have been flagged offside - it was 200% obvious

I thought it’s confirmed that Kane not yet playing or attempting to play ball when fouled meant it was a pen ?

I don’t like how that prick of theirs cheated to win a pen and that’s getting less focus than Kane,

Last edited:
I've seen their last couple of games, absolute farce!

There was another absolutely insane handball decision in Napoli v Juve last night. It wasn't not given by the ref, given by VAR. The ball was volleyed almost point-blank range (ONE YARD!!!) at Alex Sandro, who also has his back turned and it hits the top of his arm. This is not a deliberate handball!!!

It's making the game worse!

If it’s a shot on target or a ball into the box for a clear goal chance, and it’s stopped with the arm, it shouldn’t have to be deliberate.

In fact, no handballs are deliberate otherwise it would be a mandatory yellow card for every free kick awarded.

If it’s a shot on target or a ball into the box for a clear goal chance, and it’s stopped with the arm, it shouldn’t have to be deliberate.

In fact, no handballs are deliberate otherwise in would be a mandatory yellow card for every free kick awarded.
New advice on handball from next year says that's wrong, as long as arms are in a natural 'silhouette' not handball.... Although any attacker gets an advantage or goal using hands in the area and it will be handball regardless .

All makes the draw even more sweeter.. What Woolwich needed was a really soft Penalty awarded very late into the game to even up the "dubious" Penalty we got.. Oh wait.....

:dembelelol:

New advice on handball from next year says that's wrong, as long as arms are in a natural 'silhouette' not handball.... Although any attacker gets an advantage or goal using hands in the area and it will be handball regardless .

Which is why it’s a stupid rule imo.
You can still handball it deliberately with your arms by your side, or accidentally with your arm outstretched.
It’s the same offence.

The deliberate thing is a fallacy, because if it has to be deliberate then handballs given should all be a yellow.

Which is why it’s a stupid rule imo.
You can still handball it deliberately with your arms by your side, or accidentally with your arm outstretched.
It’s the same offence.

The deliberate thing is a fallacy, because if it has to be deliberate then handballs given should all be a yellow.
I don't agree, footballers are shits they would be aiming or flicking towards hands if the rules changed

In fact, no handballs are deliberate otherwise it would be a mandatory yellow card for every free kick awarded.
For me I think it should be all in or all out law for handball, remove the interpretation, the preference being if it's hit your arm it's handball (remove the intention aspect) at least this way there is no doubt of the outcome.

They have just made some changes to it, but not enough IMO as it still has the officials having to make a judgement if the players "silhouette" is as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom