Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body in charge of match officials in English football, and the Premier League Match Centre, which provides dialogue to the media to help clarify or explain decisions by match officials, said that Kane should have been flagged offside. This is the information that was relayed to television viewers in the UK on Saturday.

Never heard of this lot - they've got a long name so must be taken seriously.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body in charge of match officials in English football, and the Premier League Match Centre, which provides dialogue to the media to help clarify or explain decisions by match officials, said that Kane should have been flagged offside. This is the information that was relayed to television viewers in the UK on Saturday.

PGMOL are known, they provide interpretation to rules. is this where are you seeing PGMOL confirmed because I doubt it they tend to review a lot later not in real time:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-...fside-before-winning-penalty-against-Woolwich

*This clears it up (different refs have different opinions

It would be interesting to see the video. From the account and still image Koscelny is in the air but onside. Sanchez is on the ground and Mustafi is not on the photo so are not deemed to be challenging Wimmer, so they're inactive. On Saturday Kane was challenging for the ball in the air, so active, so offside.

If the authorities can't agree, what hope is there for us?

Anyway it's over. It was a penalty and we got a point.

So it wasn't a pen?? I'm confused...

Ok, so how about this scenario...
Imagine, (hypothetically) that Ramsey had strayed offside before he broke away for the run that led to his goal... and someone, anyone had schythed him down cynically with a potential leg breaker before Ramsey could shoot, or the ref blew for offside, then surely that player would still be sent off, no?
The 'crime' (and subsequent punishment) overules any decision that HADN'T even yet been given doesn't It??!

So it wasn't a pen?? I'm confused...

Yes, but no, but yes...

It was a penalty as the ref awarded it.

I think Kane was offside and we were lucky.

and someone, anyone had schythed him down cynically with a potential leg breaker before Ramsey could shoot, or the ref blew for offside, then surely that player would still be sent off, no?

I think violent play trumps everything? Shame, as I would give aforementioned anyone a pay rise and medal.

Quotes from them are required or it didn't happen

Its great that most of the refs don't know the rules - just means they can pick and chose and still be right.

It wasn't the big decisions that were the issue it was the lack of consistency for the 50/50's that pissed me off.

It would be interesting to see the video. From the account and still image Koscelny is in the air but onside. Sanchez is on the ground and Mustafi is not on the photo so are not deemed to be challenging Wimmer, so they're inactive. On Saturday Kane was challenging for the ball in the air, so active, so offside.

If the authorities can't agree, what hope is there for us?

Anyway it's over. It was a penalty and we got a point.
Kane hadn’t left the ground yet

D00-sGjXcAASJ41.jpg

Our midfield for the opener.

Dreadful.

D00-sGjXcAASJ41.jpg

Our midfield for the opener.

Dreadful.

Is that Toby & Jan either side of Sissoko with Wanyama just in front of Davinson?

15 minutes in they can't be that high up. 5 players including both fullbacks nowhere to be seen in the shot. I think we were too impatient and keen to get that early goal. Also from that image I can't see how Davinson has ballsed up how he did. This is yet another goal that has to go down to reckless, individual errors. Dav should have stayed goalside and used his positioning to fall back on players coming back to support him

Is that Toby & Jan either side of Sissoko with Wanyama just in front of Davinson?

15 minutes in they can't be that high up. 5 players including both fullbacks nowhere to be seen in the shot. I think we were too impatient and keen to get that early goal. Also from that image I can't see how Davinson has ballsed up how he did. This is yet another goal that has to go down to reckless, individual errors. Dav should have stayed goalside and used his positioning to fall back on players coming back to support him

Or just cheated the ball instead of a blind downward header. But yes, 99% you should just be conservative and stay the last line of defense.

I am looking for the link - can you copy it as I cant see it. (I did look) I can only see the ESPN article.

Sorry my mistake. It is an ESPN link (exactly the same as the one you posted). It was the Wimmer link that was from the Premier League (two windows open at the same time. Sorry if I misled you.)

Sorry my mistake. It is an ESPN link (exactly the same as the one you posted). It was the Wimmer link that was from the Premier League (two windows open at the same time. Sorry if I misled you.)
As I said I wasn't being aggressive, just couldn't find it. ESPN are the only ones reporting this (it was copied by others after) and I am guessing they either misunderstood / reporting or made it up. I have not seen PGMOL commenting so soon and would be surprised if ESPN got an exclusive.

Or just cheated the ball instead of a blind downward header. But yes, 99% you should just be conservative and stay the last line of defense.

The last man always needs to be the most reserved, the shield and unfortunately big Dav saw a moment of opportunity and acted in a way that put him at risk. I can completely understand why he did it but once you commit you simply have to win the ball. If you don't you're 1-0 down to a really cheap goal inna really difficult match. Individual mistakes must have cost us about 10 goals this year which is alarming seeing as Liverpool have only conceded 15 in total in the Prem.

Watford A x 2 set pieces
Liverpool H 1 set piece
Man City H Trippier error
Barcelona H Lloris error
Watford H 1 set piece
Wolves H 1 set piece
Barcelona A Walker-Peters error
Woolwich A Foyth error & Vertonghen error/ handball
Crystal Palace FA Cup - Walker-Peters error/ handball
Fulham A - set piece/ Llorente OG error
Man U H - Trippier error
Burnley - set piece
Chelsea - Trippier error
Woolwich - Sanchez error

6 crucial set piece goals conceded but most of our goals conceded stem from. Individual errors. I make it 10 goals conceded throughout the season from mistakes we've brought onto ourselves. Shore up on corners and free kicks and stamp out individual mistakes and our season becomes a completely different story.

(Rose made a big fuck up letting Man U/ Lukaku in when we beat them 3-0 as well. Another error to add to the list that fortunately didn't change the complexion of the game like the others did so reallly its more like 11 brain farts that need ironing out)

6 set pieces, 11 poor errors we shouldn't be making all season. Hugely disappointing defensive display this year

Back
Top Bottom