Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anything less than maximum desire from the players is unacceptable. Last year when Woolwich were shite they still wanted it more than us. Don't wanna see that especially after Newcastle result.

The endless need now for football news sites to publish articles every day and generate traffic means that after just one loss and three games of the season it's already being talked like we're out of the top four. A decade ago trying to predict how a season was going to go after three games would have seemed stupid. And even then four points when one of the games was against the best team in the league would not have been considered a bad haul. The entire internet needs to take a valium.

The game against Newcastle was our worst performance in years, but I'm not having a nervous breakdown over it.

Agree, we had a stinker against Newcastle and are being written off. If we’d won people would be talking about us as title contenders, the media need a narrative and are happy to make spurious claims and predictions to support these narratives.

We’ll beat these clowns and play well, and all will be forgotten. I was livid on Sunday but I’m still optimistic about the season. I seem to remember the fascists having a horrible start with Conte then winning 16 games in a row or whatever it was, football is a strange game, let’s all just relax and see how it pans out, we can’t do anything to change it anyway

We will bounce back from that fucking abomination on Sunday & beat these clowns with a good performance.
Then it will all be rosy until we have another abortion of a day against another shower of shit and all the old questions will crop up again.
I’m resigned to the fact that this is what supporting Spurs is always going to be like.
Wonderful highs and crushing lows.
Bit like life itself really.

We are getting caned.

When your own manager is talking about the squad being unsettled and doesn't even look like he wants to be here you are bang in trouble.

Against last seasons Woolwich we might still have gotten away with it. But this season they have the bit between their teeth, Even in their defeat to Liverpool I saw some signs that they have a gameplan, and with better finishing they might have got something at Anfield.

We can't handle pace at the best of times, and these aren't the best of times.

They will smell blood in the water, I can't see beyond a 2-3 goal defeat.....

…..So that probably means we will find a way to win somehow!

We are getting caned.

When your own manager is talking about the squad being unsettled and doesn't even look like he wants to be here you are bang in trouble.

Against last seasons Woolwich we might still have gotten away with it. But this season they have the bit between their teeth, Even in their defeat to Liverpool I saw some signs that they have a gameplan, and with better finishing they might have got something at Anfield.

We can't handle pace at the best of times, and these aren't the best of times.

They will smell blood in the water, I can't see beyond a 2-3 goal defeat.....

…..So that probably means we will find a way to win somehow!
Completely agree and with how slowly we move the ball about i can just see them nicking it off us and hitging us with their pace. Hope I'm wrong and they prove alot of us wrong

The result is less of importance than the performance. They should spit blood on the pitch, preferably Woolwich blood
Yep. If we lost,but played out of our skin and was genuinely unlucky not to score more than them, i could take that...Just!
But the clueless play i saw in the box on Sunday coupled with the awful defending for their goal, was unacceptable.

Presumably all these people with their "I can't see beyond..." posts couldn't see beyond us spanking Newcastle three, four, five nil on Sunday

As one of the "can't see beyond" people you are referencing. When I saw the team he had picked I put us down for a draw against Newcastle.
But then I can't prove that you will either take my word for it or not.

What's your prediction for Woolwich?

kill 'em all
giphy.gif

Probably the least confident I've felt about the team getting a positive result at the scum for quite a few years although hoping for a reaction to the dross on sunday.

Massively important that Ndombele recovers for this game and hoping Dele could make the bench.

If KWP is injured then who takes his place?
Aurier? The guy has been seemingly shunned by Poch and has no minutes this season.
Other than that what are the potential options? Toby? Dier?

Back
Top Bottom