Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Chelsea losing, this game will tell us whether our players still have the hunger. The door to the top 4 is hanging off it's hinges and we need to kick it down by winning this game against Wolves and then beating Chelsea. We have a chance to get back to where we belong and we have to take it.
No bigger motivation than knocking those cunts off their undeserved perch. Leicester dropping shit points at home as well-neither of them will continue as they were, we should be fucking nailed on top 4 by feb imho.

Agreed.
Sess as a wing back facing Traore in his first league start? No thanks.

I see why you'd say that, but for me Traore's threat is his pace, not his ability. Fundamentally, we need someone that can match him for pace and energy and ideally maybe impose himself (and an attacking threat) enough to keep Traore on the back foot instead.

I assume you'd opt for Rose then (if you otherwise agree with the formation).... I've little faith in him and would rather we look to the future.

No bigger motivation than knocking those cunts off their undeserved perch. Leicester dropping shit points at home as well-neither of them will continue as they were, we should be fucking nailed on top 4 by feb imho.

We will have the chance, no doubt in my mind, but it's still pivotal that WE deliver the required results.... I don't think we can assume anything just yet... The form of this team remains delicate right now.

A crucial game but not as crucial as it could have been should Chelsea had won today. Offer me a win tomorrow or a win next week against the Chavs and next week matters and means more.

I hope we are bushy tailed, tenacious and just give it as much scrap as is required tomorrow. Desperately need our CM to show up tomorrow, it's imperative

A crucial game but not as crucial as it could have been should Chelsea had won today. Offer me a win tomorrow or a win next week against the Chavs and next week matters and means more.

I hope we are bushy tailed, tenacious and just give it as much scrap as is required tomorrow. Desperately need our CM to show up tomorrow, it's imperative

Tricky game tomorrow given the inury list and the way they play.

May sound silly, but I'm hoping our man of the match is Maurinho.... If so, 3 points it is.

Agreed.
Sess as a wing back facing Traore in his first league start? No thanks.

I see why you'd say that, but for me Traore's threat is his pace, not his ability. Fundamentally, we need someone that can match him for pace and energy and ideally maybe impose himself (and an attacking threat) enough to keep Traore on the back foot instead.

For fcks sake, mates. We are Tottenham fcking Hotspur, we will absolutely not alter our team selection for bang on medicore player like Traore. There are literally hundred such players around. Another speed-merchant with not much to offer. 4 goals in 61 matches... Literally the smallest threat in this area of the pitch.

If we need to be vary it is because of their midfield as Moutinho and Neves are technically decent players and our midfield... well is like it is. Traore could only become harmful if those 2 guys have ages to pick out perfect pass which Traore could chase. But if we'd manage to press their midfield, threat becomes lot smaller.

For fcks sake, mates. We are Tottenham fcking Hotspur, we will absolutely not alter our team selection for bang on medicore player like Traore. There are literally hundred such players around. Another speed-merchant with not much to offer. 4 goals in 61 matches... Literally the smallest threat in this area of the pitch.

If we need to be vary it is because of their midfield as Moutinho and Neves are technically decent players and our midfield... well is like it is. Traore could only become harmful if those 2 guys have ages to pick out perfect pass which Traore could chase. But if we'd manage to press their midfield, threat becomes lot smaller.

Calm down dude.... It's only 2 people considering a one-to-one positional duel...

I certainly didn't pick my XI on the basis of Traore... I'm simply backing Sessengon to deal with him.

A masterpiece performance is coming up at Molineux.

Wolves 1 - 4 Tottenham
Kane
Alli x2
Sissoko
Sissoko? ..........
FD451-A84-991-F-49-F1-BBB8-75-AF2-D6-B4107.png

Sat results fall in our favour and a splatter of over confidence on here. Its got a no show written all over it.

I really hope i'm wrong. If Wolves come at us we could see a high scoring squeaker. But we have no midfield, like none. Its like using a single sheet of toilet paper to stop a piss. A happy shopper bin bag if you will. Unsubstantial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom