Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
P2B8Gzf.jpg

Whiteman, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Moura, Eriksen, Lamela

1YkpT2u.jpg

Whiteman, Rose, Wanyama, Moura, Lamela, Eriksen, Alli

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Skipp
Ndombele - Dele
Son - Kane - Sessegnon
2-3
Kane x2
Son

Next two games can turn our season around. Possible we'll be 4th/5th over Christmas. Usually, we're shit in these pressure type games, so it should be a real test for Mourinho.

Hope we win, but wouldn't be surprised with a timid draw.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Dier - Winks
Son - Dele - Sessegnon
Kane

Gone for a 2-2 in my work predictions, but with the rest key players had midweek I think we should be too much.

Not sure much has changed as a result of the Bayern game - but maybe Sessegnon rotates in with Moura on the bench. Son has been brilliant on the left and Sessegnon although preferring the left, can play from the right so included him there.

Would like to include Skipp as a starter after a decent cameo in Munich, but think Dier will start again, with Skipp maybe coming on as a sub, and starting in an easier game.

Only real question is who from Winks or Ndombele is fit - if neither I hope Mourhino will select Skipp rather than Sissoko or Wanyama. .

Foyth did ok v Bayern as a CB, but not sure whether Mourhino will drop Aurier as RB after resting him.

Am hoping that Tanganga retains a place on bench to cover left defence, alternative would be Rose.

Lo Celso did ok in Munich but did not make a compelling case for selection, so on bench over Eriksen who did little but could have ended with 2 assists (Sissoko and Son) had the opportunities he created came off,
Gazzaniga
Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
Dier, Winks/Ndombele
Sessegnon, Dele, Son
Kane
Subs : Austin, Foyth, Tanganga, Skipp, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Moura
Other Possible : Whiteman, KWP, Rose, Sissoko, Wanyama, Eriksen, Parrott

Tough game-Jimenez, Jota, Traore and Moutinho have all been really good any time I have watched them recently but they are defending like clowns at times too-could be another high scoring win or draw imo.
With a few key players kicking their feet up midweek that could make the difference for us.
Traore as much as I've never rated him as anything but an athlete is beating his man so often atm, him against our full backs will be key.
2-3 Kane Dele Son

Going to be really, really tough, Wolves are playing well. They do seem to only have 60 minutes in their legs though so it's vital we start well and then we should be able to manage the game.

Gazzaniga
Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen
? ?
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

I know Lucas was crap against Bayern but playing as a CF doesn't suit him, back on the RW he should be OK. Sessegnon will soon start pushing him but I don't think he's ready for 2 starts back to back.

I have no idea who we are going to play in the middle, Moutinho will cause a lot of trouble if we don't control that area properly. It doesn't sound like Winks or Ndombele will be ready so it's a choice of Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Skipp or something mad like Foyth as a CM. I don't think there's any chance that Lo Celso will start in that position after he did so little work defensively against Bayern. You have to earn the right to start, it doesn't matter how much money you cost.

Back
Top Bottom