Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love Foyth to start over Alderweireld at CB.

Has been good every time he's played there, and Toby has been at fault for every other goal we've conceded.

A preview of the Foyth/Sanchez CB partnership for the next 10 years.

Alderweireld's distribution from the back is far too good to drop him, it's almost integral to how we're playing at the moment.

Alderweireld's distribution from the back is far too good to drop him, it's almost integral to how we're playing at the moment.
Wouldn't be against Foyth at RB and being the third CB at times in possession but with Aurier rested thats unlikely.

Foyth is just as good with the ball at his feet, but you're right about Alderweireld's long balls.

I'm just concerned that's the only reason he's in the team ahead of a better defender (at this point in time), particularly when it's clear that our defence is the weak link.

I would expect to see the same team as against Burnley - no question. Foyth won’t be CDM as he wasn’t played in that position yesterday; GLC not good enough to buy a starting place and Moura is good for the counter. Sissoko has to start to cover Aurier as Moura doesn’t track back.

Team picks itself. Be amazed if Dier didn’t start and play 60-75 before coming off.

Jose plays the percentage game, which requires picking the best team available, not the best players. These are the only players for this formation.

Foyth is just as good with the ball at his feet, but you're right about Alderweireld's long balls.

I'm just concerned that's the only reason he's in the team ahead of a better defender (at this point in time), particularly when it's clear that our defence is the weak link.

I can't say I've noticed that Alderweireld is the issue when it comes to our defence, which you're right is alarmingly leaky. I think we'll be more solid with Vertonghen at left back on Saturday, with a more compact three at the back.

I'm quite confident going into this game, I'd like to see Ndombele start but I won't be surprised to see he doesn't. It'll be pretty much the same eleven as against Burnley and we all know it.

Back
Top Bottom