Will You Renew Your Season Ticket Next Season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Nothing Much Changes, Will You Renew?

• Total voters
Well if the club shows some vision, it’s an easy fix. Mirror the price in the Paxton and then make one standing, one sitting…. Soon have a decent backing from the standing area

I didn't read it that it was price related, it was more to do with "I always sat there and, even if they make it standing, I'm still going to sit there and everyone else should also sit there"
IE, stuck in their ways miserable people.
I'll be renewing both of mine irrespective of how the season goes. I still enjoy it and it gives me a chance for a day day out with one of my sons or a mate. Or the wife when no one else can make it. Or even alone.

It's not so much a question of how the season goes, but it's unavoidably linked - the issue is more about the criminal way the club is being run.

In answer to the question about renewing season tickets - absolutely yes. Stick with the club through thick and thin (even if the prices are ridiculous).

RE: the attendance yesterday, not that this point probs made a massive difference but there were major disruptions on the Liverpool street line from Cambridge (by disruptions I mean cancellations). Stupid day for this to happen. Wonder if this was a reason why some fans couldn't make the game.

I didn't read it that it was price related, it was more to do with "I always sat there and, even if they make it standing, I'm still going to sit there and everyone else should also sit there"
IE, stuck in their ways miserable people.

It's not so much a question of how the season goes, but it's unavoidably linked - the issue is more about the criminal way the club is being run.
Agree but a neutral price and a clear standing mandate gives them nothing to quibble about (cost) and a reason to fuck off elsewhere (or stay and stand)

Agree but a neutral price and a clear standing mandate gives them nothing to quibble about (cost) and a reason to fuck off elsewhere (or stay and stand)
Some people are beyond help. I don't want to point the finger at old people because not all old people are like this by any stretch. But you rarely find younger people so set in their ways that they're gonna ignore all the warnings that something isn't suited to their preference, and do it anyway, and then moan about it.

You - thought that was pretty clear - you are just a fantasist who post never ending fiction, it's rather weird.

U ok hun? Your random outburst had nothing to do with my original message. I didn’t say we should quit because we aren’t top 6, so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion and started calling me a prick?

Some people are beyond help. I don't want to point the finger at old people because not all old people are like this by any stretch. But you rarely find younger people so set in their ways that they're gonna ignore all the warnings that something isn't suited to their preference, and do it anyway, and then moan about it.
I'm not going to agree with this!!!;)

See, old people can have a sense of humour :roflmao:

I'm not going to agree with this!!!;)

See, old people can have a sense of humour :roflmao:

I was trying to word it right but couldn't.
Not all old people are stubborn and miserable. But (nearly) old stubborn and miserable people are old. Or Karens

Edit: But (nearly) all stubborn and miserable people are old.

Last edited:
Kind of. I currently have 4 , but my son is now at University, my daughter and her Husband now have a baby and have moved out of London. So I currently have 4 in one of the lounges, I will be reducing that to only two. I will also downgrade from a lounge as I am fed up with ENIC , I still want to go but I am not pumping anywhere near the same money into it from next season. I could see a lot of people chucking it in if we become uncompetitive. Times are tough for many people, so champagne prices for light ale success is not sustainable. Mind you the old stadium wasn’t cheap, but we only needed 36k in there to be full

Kind of. I currently have 4 , but my son is now at University, my daughter and her Husband now have a baby and have moved out of London. So I currently have 4 in one of the lounges, I will be reducing that to only two. I will also downgrade from a lounge as I am fed up with ENIC , I still want to go but I am not pumping anywhere near the same money into it from next season. I could see a lot of people chucking it in if we become uncompetitive. Times are tough for many people, so champagne prices for light ale success is not sustainable. Mind you the old stadium wasn’t cheap, but we only needed 36k in there to be full
Come and join us in the East Stand, only £1,500 for that privilege - bargain ;)

Well we know you're an agent of Levy so it's in your interest to keep people buying tickets ;-)

If the last 18 months has taught me anything, we should spend more time with people where possible. I lost my mum to cancer and had times where I couldn't visit her due to lock downs and restrictions. I haven't been able to go on nice holidays with my wife and daughter because of restrictions. There's been a lot of things my 5 year old has missed out on because of it all.
If I was 10 minutes away from the ground I probably wouldn't have these thoughts, but for me, a match day is 6 hours long, minimum. And I go alone. For a while it was good because it gave me 6 hours of peace I would never get with the benefit of 1.5 hours of fun in the middle.
Now the fun has been taken well and truly out of it the 6 hour day just becomes a chore and now the 5 year old asks where he daddy is it's become more of a decision every match day.

When there is a strong belief among fans that we're being ripped off, with high ticket prices and a football team run on the bare minimum, what's the incentive?
I totally get where you are coming from, was on the membership list for nearly 10 years before getting a season ticket. Now my situation is similar to yours. My travel is 2hrs minimum each way, adding to that the expense of travel and missing family time at the weekend.

My strategy was to get the season tickets and cherry pick 6-8 games that I would attend with my mother, brother, kids and extended family, then flip the others on the exchange. Problem is, due to covid, high prices, travel issues and shite football those tickets on the exchange aren't selling so i'm left paying for something i'm not getting.

I'll try to offer them on here if people are interested but if this scenario continues, i'll have to give it up after this season. I don't believe I will be the only one, that being said I expect there are lots of people willing to take them on

Back
Top Bottom