Will You Renew Your Season Ticket Next Season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Nothing Much Changes, Will You Renew?

• Total voters
Given the number of tickets available on the ticket exchange today, it feels like fans are voting with their feet.

I'm curious if this is the tipping point?

It will be interesting to see what happens with ticket sales through the season. I reckon we need to start playing some decent footy and getting some results if there is going to be a reduction in tickets being listed in the exchange.

This season it’s neither here nor there financially because every game is a “London Stadium sell out”. In as much as all the season tickets are bought and paid for. Regardless of whether someone is physically sitting g in the seat. However,, if nothing changed I can easily see maybe 10% of people not bothering to renew. Which may be an issue from an image of the club perspective.

I think there's a few things to consider, took over 10 years waiting to get a season ticket, so some below par football is not going to be a reason to stop.

If they keep pushing the pricing high then I will have to give it thought. My best pal is a Watford fan, he has 3 season tickets that cost in total just a tad over my one!

I know they're different circumstances but we should make sure that we all stay aware that City and Chelsea fans are paying less than we are too, which shouldn't sit well with us.

9,774 empty seats yesterday based on official capacity and official attendance.
As stated though, these seats were all paid for so there is only the minor impact of 9,774 people not buying stuff when they're there.

It would hurt Levy a lot more if 9,774 season ticket holders didn't renew in June next year, right before we drop our interest in a star coach/player. Then we'd have the drama of going through the waiting list and finding out who's there for the ticket priority and who actually wants to pay £1,200 a year to watch dross.
We know a lot of them aren't desperate for tickets based on how many declined a season ticket at Wembley when we were actually good at football, the tickets were cheap and there was a lot of hope and promise.

The only time I’d never renew would be for financial reasons. Otherwise I will always support MY club. If Covid has taught me one thing it’s make the most of life experiences while you can. And going to Spurs has much more to it than just the 90 minutes played on the pitch. I would suggest anyone that has had a season ticket at Spurs for years and can financially afford to keep it won’t give it up for a slightly dodgy season.

The only time I’d never renew would be for financial reasons. Otherwise I will always support MY club. If Covid has taught me one thing it’s make the most of life experiences while you can. And going to Spurs has much more to it than just the 90 minutes played on the pitch. I would suggest anyone that has had a season ticket at Spurs for years and can financially afford to keep it won’t give it up for a slightly dodgy season.

Well we know you're an agent of Levy so it's in your interest to keep people buying tickets ;-)

If the last 18 months has taught me anything, we should spend more time with people where possible. I lost my mum to cancer and had times where I couldn't visit her due to lock downs and restrictions. I haven't been able to go on nice holidays with my wife and daughter because of restrictions. There's been a lot of things my 5 year old has missed out on because of it all.
If I was 10 minutes away from the ground I probably wouldn't have these thoughts, but for me, a match day is 6 hours long, minimum. And I go alone. For a while it was good because it gave me 6 hours of peace I would never get with the benefit of 1.5 hours of fun in the middle.
Now the fun has been taken well and truly out of it the 6 hour day just becomes a chore and now the 5 year old asks where he daddy is it's become more of a decision every match day.

When there is a strong belief among fans that we're being ripped off, with high ticket prices and a football team run on the bare minimum, what's the incentive?

I do envy you guys have a choice. Once I have a chance to live in England, i will definitely buy a season ticket every year.

I started to like this team since YeongPyo Lee was there.(I am Korean). Regardless of his presence here, this team has been still my most favorite one.
Of course it was unbelievable when Sonny joined.

But if I have to choose one of them, 'a season ticket (or even a single ticket)' or a trophy', there is no doubt that I take the latter.

Seriously considering it for the first time in 30 years. More to do with modern football being so bland, so expensive and so plastic. Even away trips are getting very dull. But. This damn club keeps drawing me in. So I just don’t know.

Seriously considering it for the first time in 30 years. More to do with modern football being so bland, so expensive and so plastic. Even away trips are getting very dull. But. This damn club keeps drawing me in. So I just don’t know.

That's another thing. I don't think it's the stadium design, but I do think it's the increased capacity meaning more newbies than ever in the ground, but the atmosphere is fucking dead most of the time.
I'm not in a great area, up in 530, but I miss being packed into the old south stand and it being loud all match, banter between home and away fans and really, standing because you couldn't sit.

There is no need to buy a season ticket, they will generally be phased out in the next few years - demand isn’t there just pick and choose your games. Too much uncertainty over day and time of the game makes it impossible to get to very game until was you are some sort of loner, or a selfish prick (if you have a family)

Would never let my ST go.
Same it's more than the football. It's the couple of pints with the lads the delight in your boy's eyes when son turns and hares down on goal. The shared family history going back to the 60s Ultimately succes is an added bonus.

I suppose I am probably the problem in some peoples eyes but going to tottenham is really important to me.

There is no need to buy a season ticket, they will generally be phased out in the next few years - demand isn’t there just pick and choose your games. Too much uncertainty over day and time of the game makes it impossible to get to very game until was you are some sort of loner, or a selfish prick (if you have a family)
Although the world is full of all sorts, there are still those who want to go to every home game. But I agree that it does seem less and less necessary to have a ST to achieve even that.

Some good points being made in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom