Will You Renew Your Season Ticket Next Season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Nothing Much Changes, Will You Renew?

• Total voters
Same it's more than the football. It's the couple of pints with the lads the delight in your boy's eyes when son turns and hares down on goal. The shared family history going back to the 60s Ultimately succes is an added bonus.

I suppose I am probably the problem in some peoples eyes but going to tottenham is really important to me.

You're not the problem.
The problem is people who do all this and refuse to even acknowledge we're being fleeced.
you could easily do all that on one of the cheaper tickets, buy your few pints outside the ground, not spend a penny in it and have much the same day.
What will keep Levy/ENIC content is the fans who spend £1,200+ on tickets, go in the club shop most days, buy 3 or 4 pints and a meal each game etc.

Say the average fan spends £15 in the stadium, they lost £146,610 yesterday with 9,774 empty seats. Imagine a few weeks where 60k fans refused to spend inside the stadium. £900k per match in lost revenue. Imagine that over a season - £34,200,000 a year. That would REALLY hurt Levy and allow fans to still "support the club" if being that means they support them.

Maybe we should get the insulate britain mob to block the bars and food outlets.

Although the world is full of all sorts, there are still those who want to go to every home game. But O agree that it does seem less and less necessary to have a ST to achieve even that..

Some good points being made in this thread.

My fear goes back to the WHL days, where you could buy almost any ticket you wanted until you got a good cup game against the likes of Inter, Real. AC etc in Europe then you had no chance.
Season ticket gives us first dibbs on those games.

Paccos. Rennes. Mura. Pfff, not sure £1,200 to guarantee those tickets is worth it.

Maybe if people in the south lower bought their season tickets there because they wanted to sing and make a noise rather than because they were the cheapest we'd have a better atmosphere?

People round me just moan rather than get behind the team. If you don't like it then don't go.

You're not the problem.
The problem is people who do all this and refuse to even acknowledge we're being fleeced.
you could easily do all that on one of the cheaper tickets, buy your few pints outside the ground, not spend a penny in it and have much the same day.
What will keep Levy/ENIC content is the fans who spend £1,200+ on tickets, go in the club shop most days, buy 3 or 4 pints and a meal each game etc.

Say the average fan spends £15 in the stadium, they lost £146,610 yesterday with 9,774 empty seats. Imagine a few weeks where 60k fans refused to spend inside the stadium. £900k per match in lost revenue. Imagine that over a season - £34,200,000 a year. That would REALLY hurt Levy and allow fans to still "support the club" if being that means they support them.

Maybe we should get the insulate britain mob to block the bars and food outlets.
I know you mean well but this post comes across as patronising. It's not my job to topple Levy by withdrawing my match spend. Ultimately that will hurt spurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if people in the south lower bought their season tickets there because they wanted to sing and make a noise rather than because they were the cheapest we'd have a better atmosphere?

People round me just moan rather than get behind the team. If you don't like it then don't go.

I remember when the stadium was being built and there being a lot of talk about the south being standing only.
There were fans who quite openly said they wanted to sit in the south, would moan at people for standing and had no intention of going elsewhere,

I had to give up my original season ticket in 2001, due to financial reasons and I can only see me giving it up again for that same reason.
There's lots of reasons not to like the modern game, but I just can't imagine my life without watching Spurs live, and if that makes me a selfish loner, then so be it.

My fear goes back to the WHL days, where you could buy almost any ticket you wanted until you got a good cup game against the likes of Inter, Real. AC etc in Europe then you had no chance.
Season ticket gives us first dibbs on those games.

Paccos. Rennes. Mura. Pfff, not sure £1,200 to guarantee those tickets is worth it.

I don't think that's true at all, I tried desperately to get tickets for the inter game, no luck. Try getting a ticket for NLD, very hard to come by. I loved the old WHL but it needed changing, more than for money but to give fans the real chance to see Spurs.

Category A games at the old stadium were a nightmare to get, let's be honest. I think that it may be different for the new ground and the prices are higher now too. It's not great but if you want to go to Spurs then, as a normal fan, you should have a better chance now more than ever.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true at all, I tried desperately to get tickets for the inter game, no luck. Try getting a ticket for NLD, very hard to come by. I loved the old WHL but it needed changing, more than for money but to give fans the real chance to see Spurs.

Category A games at the old stadium were a nightmare to get, let's be honest. I think that it may be different for the new ground and the prices are higher now too. It's not great but if you want to go to Spurs then, as a normal fan, you should have a better chance now more than ever.

Before I had my season ticket I went to at least 3 NLD's - including the last one (although I paid through the nose on subhub)
Waited in the queue for hours for Inter, AC and Real that season and nothing. Went to the other group games.
Then there's domestic cup semi and finals, where you go to every round but as a non-season ticket holder, you have no chance of a semi ticket, which is even worse now with 40k season ticket holders for 30k seats at wembley.

That's why I would keep it and suffer the misery. For the off chance we get some games like that again.

Yeah my mate said. Didn’t see to be that low from my seat

The arrogant dickhead will cite petrol shortage as the reason but that’s a stark glimpse into the future
Why? you now clairvoyant or just being a prick? Spurs fans quitting because we're not in the top six? guess you've only been around for a few years .....

What type of arrogant dickhead would call Spurs fans quitters?

There is no need to buy a season ticket, they will generally be phased out in the next few years - demand isn’t there just pick and choose your games. Too much uncertainty over day and time of the game makes it impossible to get to very game until was you are some sort of loner, or a selfish prick (if you have a family)

Could you be more wrong? Football attendance was near an all time high before Covid no doubt it will be again next season, fools have been claiming since the 70's that the game is dying and fans will stop going ... guess there will always be new fools.

Could you be more wrong? Football attendance was near an all time high before Covid no doubt it will be again next season, fools have been claiming since the 70's that the game is dying and fans will stop going ... guess there will always be new fools.
Not saying the game is dying, just saying that people will pick and choose their games

I thought you had been arrested in Vietnam anyway? Welcome back

Why? you now clairvoyant or just being a prick? Spurs fans quitting because we're not in the top six? guess you've only been around for a few years .....

What type of arrogant dickhead would call Spurs fans quitters?
Who are you calling a dickhead you creepy old prowler?

It will be interesting to see what happens with ticket sales through the season. I reckon we need to start playing some decent footy and getting some results if there is going to be a reduction in tickets being listed in the exchange.

This season it’s neither here nor there financially because every game is a “London Stadium sell out”. In as much as all the season tickets are bought and paid for. Regardless of whether someone is physically sitting g in the seat. However,, if nothing changed I can easily see maybe 10% of people not bothering to renew. Which may be an issue from an image of the club perspective.
10% not renewing would be huge for the club.

They had to go deep (80,000ish) to get this year's full batch of STs sold.

I remember when the stadium was being built and there being a lot of talk about the south being standing only.
There were fans who quite openly said they wanted to sit in the south, would moan at people for standing and had no intention of going elsewhere,
Well if the club shows some vision, it’s an easy fix. Mirror the price in the Paxton and then make one standing, one sitting…. Soon have a decent backing from the standing area

10% not renewing would be huge for the club.

They had to go deep (80,000ish) to get this year's full batch of STs sold.
If they dropped the pricing by 20%, it wouldn’t make a material difference to the clubs revenue. Not making CL is huge and a much bigger issue

I'll be renewing both of mine irrespective of how the season goes. I still enjoy it and it gives me a chance for a day day out with one of my sons or a mate. Or the wife when no one else can make it. Or even alone.

Back
Top Bottom