Will The Board Give AVB Time ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After all the comings and goings in the transfer window , and the money that's been spent. I fear that the team will take to at least Xmas before we see the best our great team has to offer.By that that time we could well be some way off the top 4 . Levy is not known for his patience which leads me to my question , will AVB be given at least this season even if we fail to make top 4 or win any of the cups ?which will be tough this season in my humble opinion

Absolutely, they are AVB type signings we have bought, even if Baldini did most of the work (impossible for us fringe folk to say). They will want to see if he can shape the side he's been desperate for. Also, the board usually demonstrates its impatience in certain circumstances, ie ungrateful wobbly yoghurt (Redshnappes) or Aquaman caught out of the sea without his Dolphin tramlines (Ramos).

If we finish below 65 points and finish out of the top 5 then I can see him being sacked. I think in all likely hood as long as we get fifth again, at the worst, then he stays. I think if he doesn't break into top 3 next season he will be sacked.

We've got 6 points from 3 games, and our loss was away to a top 4 side. Not sure where all this knee-jerking has come in already.

I really don't think we're going to be in trouble this year. Although I do think AVB is the man they're looking for to create a legacy so I think he'll be given the benefit of the doubt this year IF things don't go to plan. Can't see it getting to that though, to be honest.

We have the capability to get results, even if we are not storming it. Hopefully AVB will get everyone to click in good time, but I doubt the board will make any rash decisions...they've just spent a hell of a lot of money on some great players specifically to AVB's vision, it would be crazy to not give him a chance to mould the team to the way he wants. Providing there is some continued improvement over the season, I think AVB will be safe.

Played five, won four, lost one. Spent £100M+. Broke transfer record three times. scored ten. Conceded One. 100% home record. Same points as Woolwich. More points than the champions.
GET.A.GRIP.PEOPLE!

I continue to believe we are not aiming for fourth this season but second or third.

No one is getting sacked.

Since the board decided to sell our best player, it would pretty cunty to sack AVB if we don't do well...then again they were pretty cunty to Jol.

The only way i see AVB being sacked is if we have a proper shocker and end up mid table by the end of the season without a decent run in any cup competition. I feel the board have to stand by their man given the amount of investment, ignoring net spend, that has gone on players since he arrived.

6 points from 3 games in the league is a very strong start from a spurs team, particularly given how much the squad has changed from last season, not forgetting the fact we have got one of the toughest fixtures, Woolwich away, out of the way already.

I think it's safe to say if we don't make the CL then Big Joe will be on the phone to Daniel asking for some explanations.

I really don't see any reason AVB would still have a job if we don't get Top 4 this year.

Board have invested in the team, training facilities and land to build a new stadium.
The only way that stadium is getting built / filled is with CL football.

Played five, won four, lost one. Spent £100M+. Broke transfer record three times. scored ten. Conceded One. 100% home record. Same points as Woolwich. More points than the champions.
GET.A.GRIP.PEOPLE!

I continue to believe we are not aiming for fourth this season but second or third.

No one is getting sacked.
Those facts mean very little when you actually look at the teams we've beat and who we actually scored against. They look good when you put them how you did.

it would be pretty stupid and short sighted of the board if they don't give AVB a fighting chance to see his plan through. But then again you never know with our board / fans, a number of them can be unreasonable.
Patience, people, patience!

To be fair part of me still wonders whether Redders was let go because of his lack of loyalty and public interest in other jobs. The common knowledge that AVB has turned down PSG (and possibly Madrid, although that's unconfirmed, no?) certainly wouldn't stand against him and i'd like to think the loyalty will be repaid if the worst were to happen.

But this is still redundant because there's no way we're going to be shit this year.

AVB is in a similar position to last year....
Lost important squad players and has new signings.
I get the feeling that not all positions are the way he'd like but he got us a record points total last year.
So I reckon 5th at worst, higher at best.
Squad will obviously take time to gel.
The Woolwich game just came too early, they were an established team and well up for it. You could see we we're working things out and not up to speed.
Townsend needs to forget about "trying to be the next bale" just do a job for the team and he'll do well anyway.
Madrid screwed us over Ozil and this special partnership needs to end now. It's taking the piss.....
petition here

http://www.change.org/petitions/tot...trategic-partnership-with-real-madrid-2#share

No manager is untouchable. AVB has an amazing squad now, and I'm hopeful we will see some better football soon. However, it will require risk taking in attack. The sideways and backwards passes are great for not allowing the opposition to score, but at one point we need to overwhelm teams. This was an issue last season too, when Bale's wondergoals secured many a scrape win for us. Eriksen/Lamela/Holtby will give us that extra edge I think, but if they can't then AVB will be blamed, no question.

AVB is in a similar position to last year....
Townsend needs to forget about "trying to be the next bale" just do a job for the team and he'll do well anyway.

Yeah ... this part is really important. It's something I noticed a lot. I mean, I appreciate his enthusiasm. And I understand that he probably really admires him but he needs to relax a bit and know that he has to master how to crawl before he learns to walk.

Back
Top Bottom