Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing less than we deserved really. Shite performance first half and pretty negative subs second half. It's not enough to only raise your game in the last 20 minutes. It's because we have loads of injured players but honestly Huddlestone looks like he's actually got worse. I love his silky passing game and his goals are sublime when they go in but there's no verve to his playing at the moment he just looks like a clunker with not enough pace to press the ball and sustain pressure on the opposition and no incisiveness to his passing. Sigurdsson again was woeful. Dempsey looked like he was trying and so he should after his last performance but he doesn't look like a goalscorer. The kicker for me was to play Defoe alone against three massive really physical centre backs. I absolutely love him but how is he meant to pick up a pass and make a chance when we're playing like that? I hope Sandro isn't seriously injured because without him, Parker and Dembele we're a total walkover in central midfield. I keep going on about this but Rafa is worth more than Sigurdsson and Dempsey combined. It's starting to show now that the squad is stretched that it was mental to sell him. He's a born match winner. Gutted. Hopefully we'll improve next time. Love on yas all. COYS.

What, you can't boo the team for a shit performance after the match, or do you think everyone should have applauded the team off the field for a stellar effort?
You're telling me that a cunt who sits there the entire game and does not sing or get behind his team than has the right to boo when the outcome isn't what he wants?

You want the right to boo don't just pay your money SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

Scapegoating Dempsey and Siggy is nonsensical. Obviously they haven't been good but acting like they were the problem today is just not correct. Shit all over the pitch. Sandro going out was killer.

for that game, the team has to accept responsibility collectively that the performance today was unacceptable and completely below par

Lacking ideas, creativity...a midfield. Honestly, if AVB is telling Hudd to sit so deep, we need a formation that doesn't have wingers. With Bale and Lennon wide and Hudd deep, the middle of the park is unguarded, Wigan walked straight through the middle time and time again.

Though not suggesting Friedel cost us the game entirely, but I agree with Kayal, that ball needed to go over the bar...that's goalkeeping basics!

and Oh! I never said Friedel alone losts us the match, I said he cost us the goal, the preformance as a whole was lacklustre, letharige and pretty much in layman's terms, SHIT... We need to improve all over and get more urgency to our play!

You're telling me that a cunt who sits there the entire game and does not sing or get behind his team than has the right to boo when the outcome isn't what he wants?

You want the right to boo don't just pay your money SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

Yes, a fan should support the team but when it's a shit performance and a shit outcome, at the end of the match, I'm saying he's entitled to voice his opinion. What is it about the words "after the match" that you do not seem to comprehend?

What, you can't boo the team for a shit performance after the match, or do you think everyone should have applauded the team off the field for a stellar effort?
I don't agree with booing. I think the entire stadium should chant, "You've let me down, you've let the club down, but worst of all you've let yourself down." Until everyone cries.

Lacking ideas, creativity...a midfield. Honestly, if AVB is telling Hudd to sit so deep, we need a formation that doesn't have wingers. With Bale and Lennon wide and Hudd deep, the middle of the park is unguarded, Wigan walked straight through the middle time and time again

This is the main issue. We dont have a Plan B, ever. Players dont like the system and neither do the fans, and there is only one person responsible for that.

Makes sense away at places like Man U but at home it certainly doesnt, and neither does it suit against lesser sides.

We aren't. We're 5th.
Of the 17 points we have accumulated so far 13 of them have come from beating or drawing to the bottom 5 teams in the league.
I would suspect that with the exception of one extraordinary result, we are in a position that we should expect as a minimum.
Regardless of the missing players, how the hell we are putting out teams that play such insipid and uninspiring football is a mystery to me.

Lets jope we haven't shot the juggler when he dropped a ball, and wondered why the act turned sour.

This is the main issue. We dont have a Plan B, ever. Players dont like the system and neither do the fans, and there is only one person responsible for that.

Makes sense away at places like Man U but at home it certainly doesnt, and neither does it suit against lesser sides.
Worst of all for us fans. It's fucking boring to watch. I want to see us go out at WHL and fucking well SWASHBUCKLE like a bunch of cunty pirates with the horn! Alright? ALRIGHT.

How can a team with so much pace look so static? We need to use our strengths ffs! Amazed that Falque remained on the bench, and that AVB didn't let Defoe and Ade have some minutes together.

So I'm not going to be a cunt and start calling for AVB's head or anything, but I think it's not outrageous to say that he got a couple of key decisions wrong- some long-term ones that finally bit us in the arse today, and some on the day. Lloris not starting over Friedel (who made some great saves but just didn't suit the playing out of the back style we were aiming for for periods of the game) clearly fits into the former camp- ditto sticking with Vertonghen at left-back when he clearly doesn't suit or like the role all too much. Ade not coming on at half time for the totally anonymous Defoe is an example of the latter. Could also maybe say that sticking with Defoe full stop was a long-term mistake that reared it's head today depending on how fit Ade is, but he looked sharp enough to make me think he could have maybe started today without it being a huge gamble. Though I know that Siggy was the only senior midfielder on the bench, I could never condone bringing him on to play in a double pivot.

Clearly still too early for us to be panicking, especially with the injuries we've had, and I still think AVB will bring us success down the line. I am starting to get a few concerns creeping in over his decision making process though. He needs to demonstrate that he can climb down from a strategic approach he perceived as the best when it stops working for the next game.

Back
Top Bottom