Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been positive for every defeat this season but there was really nothing to be positive about today and while normally an AVB fan, he really made some strange decisions today. Roll on Maribor, where we can actually sing! :jenaswtf:

I'm getting upset with AVB! We have the players to show great football but we just seem to barely get the points or lose to teams like Wigan at WHL. This is not OK :hudd:

Just fucking pathetic. No sense of urgency, completely bereft of ideas, a midfield that's completely static and immobile.

I just feel sorry for all the poor souls who actually paid the club to watch this garbage. Can't begrudge them their right to vent and boo the manager and players.

Right, let's analyse the corner kick shall we... Corner comes in, Walker fails at standing on the right side of Kone allowing him to put max pressure on Friedel. Friedel is under pressure and decides to punch it into the six yard box instead of over the bar, this is the main mistake that leads to the goal. Gallas loses his man and his man scores. Three mistakes with Brad's mistake accounting for at least 65% of the goal...
You missed my point. Friedel could have done better with the cross (he could have caught it, thrown it down the pitch into the path of the onrushing bale who smashes it into Wigans goal) for sure, but the blame for the defeat does not lie solely at his door. To take that view would be narrow minded in the extreme.

bad result, but not the end of the world and at least Woolwich lost today but we should have retained our CL spot and extended our lead to 5 points over them. i had a feeling that this game would have been a lot closer than it should have been and the games against southampton and norwich should have served as warning signs for AVB. i understand that everyone makes mistakes and i can accept that, however you are meant to learn from your mistakes to prevent them from happening again and it doesn't seem that AVB is. i know that we have 3 or 4 important first team members still missing but come on, we should still be beating teams like wigan.

we looked a completely different team after they scored and i guess that is the only slight positive we can take away from the game. however, we should be starting games with an urgency like that as one, it is more than likely that we'll score first and two, coming out of the blocks like that will have a psychological 'oh shit' effect on our opponents. as i said before, i hope this game serves as a wake up call that we need to start games better and that just because we have a couple first teamers missing, doesn't give us the right to play like a championship quality team. we still have a team full of premiership quality players. but as history seems to have a habit of repeating itself, i think we will continue starting games in a lack lustre manner and be reactive rather than pro-active, at least until sandro, dembele and kaboul return and we have no excuse.

there rant over

How the fuck are we still 4th?

...erm, we're not, that's how!

we were cunting gash today (is that a double adjective?)

Walker REALLY needs to shut the fuck up pre-match until he can get back to anywhere NEAR what he was doing last season... "easiest team" indeed... what a cocking twat!

Scapegoating Dempsey and Siggy is nonsensical. Obviously they haven't been good but acting like they were the problem today is just not correct. Shit all over the pitch. Sandro going out was killer.

Back
Top Bottom