Who is to blame?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is to blame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can select multiple responses if you like. I don`t want to let my opinion influence this poll too much, but remember Levy hired all of them :bow::levystare:

Whose to blame you ask? Well all will be revealed in this here little spoiler.

im+5JUFqF5+WRbiGhgSg2pPA==.jpg

We've got a Gypsy Curse on us.

There are many candidates, but in the final analysis it's quite simple. ENIC's refusal to invest serious cash of their own into the club.

We're about the 6th/7th biggest club in the country. To consistently punch above our weight we need to spend loads of money. It's how Chelsea and City punch above their historical weight, and is the only realistic way to challenge and overcome (at times) Pool Woolwich Utd

The new stadium may help but I wouldn't count on it :)

None of us are privy to what go's on behind closed doors, but on the surface of things, to invest over 100 million£ in 7 new signings at the beginning of a new season. Trust your director of football and your manager (of 18mths, enough time to make your judgement of him) to spend it and attempt to integrate SEVEN new players into the club, plus bring back 2 key players (Rose/Townsend) who had not been around the club for a season, and expect your manager too also accommodate them! Then publicly come out and support your investment, your decisions! Then less than 4 months later make another decision, that contradicts your previous one (because 9 new players, have yet to gel) and sends the club into disarray , when they are only 5 points off of their target goal with less than half a season gone, with winnable games coming up! Is nothing short of imcompetence! Reckless at least! Are we to believe that Mr D.Levy after spending time with both Baldini and AVB, pre-season, discussing the (long-term) plans for Tottenham Hotspur, is going to be influenced by a few Boo-Boys on the terraces!!

There is more to this, and if not, then the man (Levy) is a fool!!

You left out 'the fans' as an option

I guess you're half serious... and maybe we have contributed partly... the fabled 'expectation' levels are almost impossible to keep up with and satisfy... but that expectation has come from a mixture of having a GENUINELY successful history (which we've never quite been able to match) coupled with a GENUINE feeling of 'this time' EVERY FUCKING TIME something or someone at the club changes... Levy himself is responsible for much of that...
and yet it's almost, but never quite!

BTW, I voted for all four... they all need to take part of the blame!

I wanted to keep it serious but if you want make a poll with: Real Madrid, Bale , Bales Agent, David Bentley, The fans , the small pitch, THFC DNA , GOD .... continue the list

I think we're all ignoring the 2 biggest elephants in the room....

money.jpg

...yes two... MON£Y AND SKY!!!
Hi 1882, I think you'll find I'm well aware of the money elephant. See my post in this thread and any amount of other threads.

The days of Forest Derby Ipswich Villa etc winning the league or European Cup have disappeared in the Prem era.

Only the rich have won either of the Big Two prizes since PremSky emerged in all its 'beauty'.

Back
Top Bottom