Who do you want to get rid of?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want to get rid of?

• Lloris

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Vorm

Votes: 103 71.5%
  • Gazzaniga

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Aurier

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Trippier

Votes: 92 63.9%
  • Walker-Peters

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Davies

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Foyth

• Dier

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • Wanyama

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Alli

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Son

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lucas

• Lamela

Votes: 45 31.3%
  • Llorente

Votes: 79 54.9%
  • Janssen

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • Kane

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
I'd much rather we kept Trippier and moved Aurier on now. The HG issues we had still exist and Trippier seems like a better professional. Aurier clearly has ability but I don't see anywhere near enough responsibility taken for the quality I think he has. Shame but if it's one of the other I'd say goodbye to Serge & use that nonHG space for other needed options
Exactly the reason I voted for him, HG issues.

Cue 10 pages of Guido and BC discussing the pros and cons of Tripps and Serge, complete with stats

Things we 100% need are a new GK, new RB 2 new CMs a CAM and a backup ST. Eriksen and Toby will be leaving it's obvious and the way both are playing won't be missed. Problem is to get all that it's 200 million at least, so I have no doubt I will be watching Trippier and Lloris make there bi weekly mistakes next season still

I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season but how the boys have allowed the last 5 games to go is so disappointing. Realistically we could be looking at what could have been 5 losses in a row if Aubemayang hadn't pranged one. People say we needed signings but arrivals or not we have the talent in our ranks to have not gone through a run of 1 point in 15 so I'm not buying that. At the moment it's down to the players & a few are now fighting for their futures with us.

We've let Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea back into this one, that's the biggest disappointment during the Poch era, even more so than losing any semi final or against Newcastle that game we finished 3rd. Time to scrap, this is a moment all these players trained for back when they were nippers. A huge 7 games for a fair few and that's sad because it didn't no need to be this way

Last edited:
I can only take it at face value.

What else should I do?
I think you should take internet in general with a pinch of salt, Spurs forum or any other forum. There are so many sad individuals who go around trying to spoil others days it’s not even funny anymore. I don’t think any sane Spurs fan wants Son or Kane gone, no matter what era they are from.

The Brexit thread suggests different.

Weird how different we view Spurs yet are politically aligned.

Fair play for flying the flag against the Gammon.
Admin Admin - why do you allow casual use of the racist term gammon by this vile scum bag? It is clearly aimed at a specific racial group on this forum. TFC is much better than this

Need to wait a couple of days on this one. Anyone I put that check mark next to is going to be purely a knee-jerk reaction to today.

giphy.gif
“Hey Dad, tell me more about that time when we sold Bale and bought 7 players and still made a 6m proft”

*dad with a tear in his eye* “ah son, no one could forget those glory days”

We need to be careful not to ship out too many at once, lest we have so little continuity between now and next season that we take until Christmas to get going.

While I understand, for example, the limitations of players like Sissoko, Davies, Lucas, Lamela, I don't think these are the guys who should be first on the chopping block.

By my estimation we need an entire change of spine if we to try and improve at RB, CB (to compensate for Alderweireld leaving), CM, and some kind of wing forward to share the striking burden.

Sissoko should be kept around as a useful squad player. We just shouldn't be relying on him as a first XI member, as he is currently.

15 votes for Eriksen. Incredible I honestly cannot believe that.

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's not playing in his best position and see what he can do.

He's had to drop into deeper roles so frequently this season and hasn't had a strong enough midfield to supply him with balls and possession. Each to their own but 15 people want him out? I find that an incredible number. I'll be gutted if he leaves, even if he's having a spell where he isn't doing what we all know he can do.

Eriksen has had one eye on his summer transfer for much of this season hence a lot of poor (by his standards) performances.

I dare say there's 'wanting' him to leave and 'being resigned to letting him go', with most of those votes probably leaning more towards the latter than the former.

If you offered everyone the option where he signs a new contract and we fix issues in the squad around him, I reckon that'd be popular.

I'm still very surprised to see 15 people voting for him in a thread titles who do you want to get rid of.

Maybe you're right about them voting due to the expectancy of leaving but even so I think a fair few have been a bit fickle with Christian in recent months. There's a few that have said about him for a while, fair enough and all of that but he's a superb footballer, we need to be adding more quality like him, not wanting rid like I've read a few starting to lean towards

You can't disagree that he has been poor for much of the season though?

A lot of our players have. Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Dele, even Harry isn't smashing them in like he usually does. Was Harry's last hat trick at the World Cup? Fatigue might be a reason, being lethargic with the lack of new faces, 60,000 empty seats at Wembley etc.

Let's be honest supporting Spurs hasn't been the same since we had to leave WHL. The energy of the club or the lack of preseason could play a part.

Lamela and Wanyama are pointless players at this point and neither should be anywhere near the first team , fringe players like Janssen and Vorm should also go don't care either way with llorente

If I am Poch, I get Lamela fit and work with him all summer to be the left side of a 433. He has it in him to be a great bench or small game sub in a midfield three IMO. He has the defensive astuteness and the ability to carry the ball forward. Plus he is one of our best at launching quick counter attacks. His game needs to mature in a sense as he was never a winger IMO. The more I see of him the more of I see him being our Milner.

Yet again Lamela suddenly becomes a great player by simply being not even good enough to make the subs' bench.

One Poch's biggest mistakes was giving Lamela another contract. He should have been moved on long ago. Too many average players have been here too long. If Poch refuses to upgrade averageness like Lamela and Trippier then he himself needs upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom