Who do you want to get rid of?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want to get rid of?

• Lloris

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Vorm

Votes: 103 71.5%
  • Gazzaniga

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Aurier

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Trippier

Votes: 92 63.9%
  • Walker-Peters

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Davies

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Foyth

• Dier

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • Wanyama

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Alli

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Son

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lucas

• Lamela

Votes: 45 31.3%
  • Llorente

Votes: 79 54.9%
  • Janssen

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • Kane

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Fuck this cuntish melting anal polyp of a thread and the cunt who created it...Fuck off You absolute tiny dicked melt...support the club or fuck off you entitled fuck trumpet.

15 votes for Eriksen. Incredible I honestly cannot believe that.

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's playing in his best position and see what he can do.

He's had to drop into deeper roles so frequently this season and hasn't had a strong enough midfield to supply him with balls and possession. Each to their own but 15 people want him out? I find that an incredible number. I'll be gutted if he leaves, even if he's having a spell where he isn't doing what we all know he can do.

Last edited:
15 votes for Eriksen. Incredible I honestly cannot believe that.

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's not playing in his best position and see what he can do.

He's had to drop into deeper roles so frequently this season and hasn't had a strong enough midfield to supply him with balls and possession. Each to their own but 15 people want him out? I find that an incredible number. I'll be gutted if he leaves, even if he's having a spell where he isn't doing what we all know he can do.
I dare say there's 'wanting' him to leave and 'being resigned to letting him go', with most of those votes probably leaning more towards the latter than the former.

If you offered everyone the option where he signs a new contract and we fix issues in the squad around him, I reckon that'd be popular.

You know...when I read back my post I was worried I had overreacted but your great comment made me realise I hadn't. A shitty thread and everyone who voted should be ashamed of their plastic selves.
Thanks for your mention SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur
sorry fella, but thats a dumb comment

There are people in that list that the club can happily shift on and not drop any kind of overall quality.
There are also players who just clearly shouldn't be in the list - but I guess for the reason of completeness, everyone should be named.

In what possible world would there be no players that are surplus to requirements, any more than the likelihood that there are no players elsewhere that can strengthen our squad?

Having an opinion about who we would like to see replaced, isn't some kind of entitlement, it's just about opinions. We all want the team to be better, more reliable, play to a better quality and be consistent.

IMHO, we have over achieved this season, based on performances, and its just coming home to roost - so from a theoretical standpoint, we need to move players on and find replacements.

Shutting down opinions on a debate-able subject isn't what a discussion board is all about.

Out of those on the list, I voted:

Vorm - (Promote Gazzaniga and get one of our academy graduates in as third choice)
Aurier - (Need a new right back)
Trippier - (Need a new right back)
Wanyama - (The guy can't cut it anymore)
Llorente - (Not good enough)
Janssen - (Not good enough)

I didn't vote Eriksen or Aderweireld, however both will be off in the summer.

I voted to keep Lamela, Lucas and Sissoko - although if we CAN get viable replacements for them for our bench, then I'd look to get rid of them too. I do think all three can be useful in cup games though and off the bench in rotation when we're comfortably ahead in some games.

Get a new RB in the summer who can defend as well as pin back opponents due to his pace. Promote KWP as second choice right back and give him game time.

Sign two new central midfielders. Preferably a holding midfielder who can help out the defence and a player who can carry the ball through midfield and beat a press, someone who's not afraid to receive the ball under pressure.

And then preferably a wide forward who can also play through the middle (or allows Son to do so).

If I am Poch, I get Lamela fit and work with him all summer to be the left side of a 433. He has it in him to be a great bench or small game sub in a midfield three IMO. He has the defensive astuteness and the ability to carry the ball forward. Plus he is one of our best at launching quick counter attacks. His game needs to mature in a sense as he was never a winger IMO. The more I see of him the more of I see him being our Milner.

It's Lamela's 6th season with us now isn't it? 128 Premier League games & only 14 goals scored. He averages just over 2 league goals season for us which simp,y isn't good enough for a £30m investment for an attacking player. I love his effort but for me it's time he goes. Free up that attacking space for a player who can impact matters more than his constantly niggly injured body can.

I expected so much more when we signed him, I'm amazed he's still there andnthe club didn't cut its losses. We need a player who pushes the current starters, not someone content to sit on the bench. Move him on and bring someone in that gives Dele food for thought or more of an impact than his clattering of the opposition seems to. I really like Erik but I like Spurs more and want only what's best for the club and that means using those foreign squad places wisely which for me Lamela doesn't.

The club needs to be ruthless if it wants to continue to develop. A real shame we never saw what he was capable of.

What a scummy, piece of shit thread this is.

Utterly symptomatic of the new-gen Champions League era fan this club has acquired since 2010. Those that have accounts on every single one of our rivals forums and half and half scarves in their bedrooms.

The only thing that can be achieved from starting a thread like this is mass pissing on our players from all these new-gen cunts that have no idea what Spurs truly is.

You want proof? Every single player (bar Vertonghen) has a vote to be gotten rid of.

Harry Winks, who has put his body on the line all year for the cause, even coming back injured, has 3 votes. A guy who is more Tottenham than any one of you prats.

Moussa Sissoko, who whilst he has his flaws, evident yesterday, has done the same as Winksy and put himself out for the cause has 22 votes. Covering for Dier, Wanyama etc. all year.

Lucas Moura, who has 10 goals in his first year with Spurs, has 10.

Juan Foyth, has fucking 7.

Kane has 2, Dele has 2, Son has 1.

What a poisonous fan base we have truly become. A fanbase of people who live in basements, who never see the light of day, let alone White Hart Lane, who think the idea of helping Spurs is to ditch half the squad.

A squad that is currently 3rd in the League and in the Champions League Quarter Finals.

I challenge every one of you internet cunts to meet with proper yids in the local pubs in Tottenham on Wednesday and spout this nonsense. Let's see how you get on in the real world, with proper supporters in the belly of the beast that is White Hart Lane talking about ditching Winks, Kane, Dele etc.

But you won't, you'll just respond to this post with negative bullshit. Because to you, the internet is Spurs. More important to you is moaning online about Spurs. Not turning up and supporting all those you want rid of after a dodgy patch. You know, being supporters.

I mean, if we at Spurs know anything, it's that squad upheaval is exactly the way to success.

37B6D08100000578-3764900-image-m-34_1472564315641.jpg

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair said it best. Entitled fucktrumpets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom