Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If 12 until 14 counts as a kid, Gareth Bale. He was/is everything I loved and imagined myself to be as a football player based on my attributes. Reliant on pace, left-footed, a left-back who made the transition to a winger. Even to this day, he is my favourite player ever, and I doubt that someone can take his place, just because I wanted so much to be like him. Started supporting Tottenham when we beat City in 2010 for the Champions League qualification, fell in love when I saw Bale play.

Hoddle (obviously... child of the '70s/'80s and all that)
...but obscurely, occasionally I'd pretend to be Chris Hughton, after he scored away at Wtaford in '83 ('the same game as THAT Hoddle chipped goal)
...and it was purely 'cos the team all seemed really pleased he'd scored, as he obviously didn't score many....and neither did I.... so we had THAT in common!

I was called Gazza at Secondary school... and NOT 'cos I had sublime footballing skills!!
I did however, have quite a sizeable waistline!! :gazza:

I never pretended to be a player (I was probably just too good in my own right :levystare:)

Me and my mate always pretended to be Senna and Piquet on our bmx's though. I was Piquet thank fuck

Del Piero or Batistuta

Watching Serie A highlights with James Richardson sat in a piazza reading the pink Gazetta Dello Sport was my football education
Our neighbour was a Mrs G, she kept every ball that went into her garden, bitch.
When she died her loft was full of them, at least we learnt how to control the ball an shoot with accuracy.
Thanks Mrs G
:adethumbup:

Del Piero or Batistuta

Watching Serie A highlights with James Richardson sat in a piazza reading the pink Gazetta Dello Sport was my football education
I remember that well, think I knew more about Italian football than the English game around that time. Some real characters around - Maldini being my personal favourite. Juve was the team I wanted to do well, but had a soft spot for Fiorentina because I loved their kit and Batastuta.

haha great. yeah should have gone for celebrations too.
although saying that i always used to just run back to the half way line - carrying the ball if possible. didnt matter what the score was although some of those 24-20 scoreline classics didnt really warrant a celebration for every goal

Scoring goals? ...What's that?

I managed about 3 in 11-aside over 10 years.... All from my own half, mind. :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom