Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always Gazza. Was my idol. I remember watching that freekick against Woolwich and going nuts age 8.
Still my favourite moment watching Spurs. I ended up about 8 rows away on the old Wembley seating from my seat. Bloody insane, still makes me grin now........., arms and limbs everywhere. We stopped those nomads from doing the double, won the cup despite we were in serious financial shit, it really was us against the world, you could sense the everyone in this together front all day..........

Hoddle to the point i sellotaped some blue ribbon to the back of my shirt to create a number 10...

A few years later i sported a waddle mullet complete with back perm......

Always Gazza. Was my idol. I remember watching that freekick against Woolwich and going nuts age 8.

I was 6 watching it with my Woolwich supporting uncle.
He picked me up, upside down by my ankle - and started shouting "come on you Spurs!" which I still don't really get to this day.

Probably should have called child line.

Deleted member 13260

You know the drill - out in the playground pretending to be your favourite player.
Who was it?

For me it was Darren Anderton! I played right forward and my best mate was always Sheringham 😂

In the back garden with my older brother - you know older sibling rules... I was ALWAYS in goal - so Thorstvedt too!

Just curious - different ages of people and types of players you wanted to emulate. Maybe you didn't do this at all??

Gary Mabbutt! My dad has an old camcorder vid somewhere of a 4 year old me kicking a ball around in the back garden, shouting "it's Gawy Mabbutt!" as I shoot at him in goal. Think I possibly hadn't developed too much of an understanding of the different positions in a football team...

Gordon Banks.

As a kid I always tried to do that save where he got lobbed and flung himself backward, twisted and when in the air, facing his own goal he punched the ball wide.

Managed it once, failed miserably a 1000 times.

It's at 0:38 in this vid.

Did all kids have a neighbour like that? We had one we called Grumpy. Used to stick a garden fork through balls that went over into his garden. Miserable twat.

My neighbour was Mrs B, used to take all my wayward footballs and stash them in her shed.

When I was about 7, I nicked the little scissors from the cupboard, and cut through the fence to try and break in to her shed and get them back!

I didn't get them, just got a bollocking for ruining the scissors...

Alfie Conn

Before we had Hoddle or Gazza we had Alfie Conn, not with us long but quickly acheived cult hero status with his ball at feet direct running at defences. To dare is to do could of been written for him. Proper Tottenham player.

As kids we used to mimic his sitting on the ball antics after he tore Leeds apart, shame there's no photos of it.

Back
Top Bottom