Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

You know the drill - out in the playground pretending to be your favourite player.
Who was it?

For me it was Darren Anderton! I played right forward and my best mate was always Sheringham 😂

In the back garden with my older brother - you know older sibling rules... I was ALWAYS in goal - so Thorstvedt too!

Just curious - different ages of people and types of players you wanted to emulate. Maybe you didn't do this at all??

Register to remove

Register to remove

Always hoddle.

(And I can clearly remember doing the Mick Channon windmill goal celebration when scoring in matches).
haha great. yeah should have gone for celebrations too.
although saying that i always used to just run back to the half way line - carrying the ball if possible. didnt matter what the score was although some of those 24-20 scoreline classics didnt really warrant a celebration for every goal

Airfixx

"A spoonful of sugar..."
haha great. yeah should have gone for celebrations too.
although saying that i always used to just run back to the half way line - carrying the ball if possible. didnt matter what the score was although some of those 24-20 scoreline classics didnt really warrant a celebration for every goal
Scoring goals? ...What's that?

I managed about 3 in 11-aside over 10 years.... All from my own half, mind. :pochsmirk:

Scoring goals? ...What's that?

I managed about 3 in 11-aside over 10 years.... All from my own half, mind. :pochsmirk:
i certainly wasn't much of a goalscorer. i was the set piece taker... although any corners after about 20 minutes in - i didnt have enough power / energy in my legs to hit the 6 yard box without it bouncing.
would get a big lad standing on the back post with his arm up - thinking to myself, no fucking chance of this getting to you mate

Register to remove

Top Bottom