Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Based on the last 16 league games we'd be 17th in the table.

Either Poch's not up to it or we're paying for years of under investment in the squad.

Which is it?
Pochettino needs to quickly arrest a worrying trend that's for sure. Grabbing late victories, scraping top 4 and the glory of a CL final lasts only so long.

I always say poor runs start with home losses.

Hmmmmmm...

I honestly can’t remember when I last really enjoyed watching us play.

Sure there’s been enjoyable moments (City and Ajax) but even those victories came after we’d been battered for each second leg. I’ve still no idea how we got through those rounds intact. But I do believe those two leg victories papered over a huge number of cracks.

I’d love us to win a trophy, even if we play shitty football to win it. And if we can’t win, at least play with a bit of panache. This boring going a goal down, slow motion bullshit is getting severely on my tits.

I’m coming round to the idea of Mourinho. He’ll still have a hunger in him to go out as a success. I’m now convinced we’d have something in the cabinet if he were brought in.

People calling for poch to go are wasting their time none of the top managers will want to come in and work under tight budgets and projects.
Unfortunately some of the so called lesser teams are investing and are catching up, this could be one of those season's when we don't make top six let alone top four.

We’ve just spent £130 million in one window and have a team packed full of stars - most managers would kill to have what we do.

I’m coming round to the idea of Mourinho. He’ll still have a hunger in him to go out as a success. I’m now convinced we’d have something in the cabinet if he were brought in.
Levy and Mourinho.
A marriage made in heaven

giphy.gif

I'm afraid Poch for some reason simply does not react quickly enough if his initial tactics are obviously failing to work. He seems unable to accept what is clearly unfolding in front of his eyes. It's as if he inwardly regards it as failure on his part so lets it drag on hoping for a recovery. Plan A always lasts for at least one hour.

We can all criticise and say what we would do in his situation but one thing I know for sure. The point at which to make a tactical team change during that match was undoubtedly half time. Why continue with the same set up for another 15 minutes ?. Steve Bruce must have been delighted to see the same eleven run out onto the pitch second half.

My single most frustration with Poch has always been this weakness. I cannot recall the last time he made a half time substitution that was not forced upon him by injury. Should anyone actually have that statistic I would love to know when it was.

Levy and Mourinho.
A marriage made in heaven

giphy.gif
Levy isn’t a marriage for any manager as he doesn’t bend over and touch his toes when the manager whimpers. And rightfully so.

Any manager that comes into any top job just spunks money against the wall. They all do it. We can’t spend as much as the others yet, so need to do things differently.

Fuck knows how. If I knew that, I’d be a chairman myself.

I'm afraid Poch for some reason simply does not react quickly enough if his initial tactics are obviously failing to work. He seems unable to accept what is clearly unfolding in front of his eyes. It's as if he inwardly regards it as failure on his part so lets it drag on hoping for a recovery. Plan A always lasts for at least one hour.

We can all criticise and say what we would do in his situation but one thing I know for sure. The point at which to make a tactical team change during that match was undoubtedly half time. Why continue with the same set up for another 15 minutes ?. Steve Bruce must have been delighted to see the same eleven run out onto the pitch second half.

My single most frustration with Poch has always been this weakness. I cannot recall the last time he made a half time substitution that was not forced upon him by injury. Should anyone actually have that statistic I would love to know when it was.

We've been a slow starting team for way too long.

Why isn't the team ready from kickoff?

Why do we have the slowest build-up for teams who park the bus against us.

These are things that are consistent with Poch.

Looks like we had ZERO plan for today's match. We couldn't have moved the ball any slower

Lol @ people suggesting Mourinho. Complaining about the shit football we played today whilst forgetting the type of football Mourinho’s teams play? What the fuck is wrong with people?

weve spent more than Liverpool (net) in the last 5 years. depite the boring cunts desperate attempts to blame everything short of climate change on Levy, Pochettino has been given plenty of tools to do the job.
in the time 5 he's been in charge hes reached two cup finals and a succession of semi finals. he's done the job as well as he can.

argue amongst yourselves at to whether thats enough. Ill judge it at the end of the season

Lol @ people suggesting Mourinho. Complaining about the shit football we played today whilst forgetting the type of football Mourinho’s teams play? What the fuck is wrong with people?
He has a history of playing basic football but winning. I’d take the trophies he’s won in exchange for pretty football.

We look so badly coached. The man came here with a philosophy, but there is little evidence of it now. He's been here 5 years and still not coached us how to pass and move.

Pep and Klippity have raised the bar so high, it's not even funny.

He has a history of playing basic football but winning. I’d take the trophies he’s won in exchange for pretty football.

It won't be him and neither would I want that as he would represent for our club the wrong things.

It's just that Pochettino has had our best players in years. Taken them so far but no further.

It's just a huge question mark at present.

I think it's the double edged sword of a coach that's been here too long and players that have been here too long. One you can work with, but when both happen, it's a recipe for the rot to set in.

Back
Top Bottom