Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
It feels tactical to me. So, Poch I guess- at least his decision making this calendar year.

That squad is more than capable of beating Newcastle. The build up is too slow and there is too much passing across the final third.

Best team in 30 years they said.
Not the managers fault they said.
I take you're putting our worst run of league results in over 15 years firmly at Poch's door then. Nothing to do with over 18 months of zero investment?
Preceded by years of a must break even transfer policy?

We didn't win the League when Leicester did... THAT was our chance...
Been looking lost ever since....

...and last season's CL final went to show we STILL didn't TRULY believe in ourselves when we had the chance for immortality.

It feels tactical to me. So, Poch I guess- at least his decision making this calendar year.

That squad is more than capable of beating Newcastle. The build up is too slow and there is too much passing across the final third.
Although we're not just talking about todays result. We're talking about our form in general since the turn of the year.

I take you're putting our worst run of league results in over 15 years firmly at Poch's door then. Nothing to do with over 18 months of zero investment?
Preceded by years of a must break even transfer policy?

But we won fuck all before the last 18 months.

People told me Dele, Kane and Eriksen have not regressed, so he has three of the best attackers in the world.
But two of them he plays deep in central midfield.
Hardly Levys fault. This squad got to the CL final and finished 4th.

Instead of always talking about Pochs miracles, why not entertain the idea that a better manager might take us further.

Although we're not just talking about todays result. We're talking about our form in general since the turn of the year.
We started off last year with early defeats then slowly pulled ourselves together but he got away with it because a lot of the fan's said that player's were tired due to WC.
But this team has been declining for a while and since that defeat at Burnley we have been on a slippery slope with poch seemingly unable to address it.

Well by hook or by crook i can see Poch gone by Christmas. Followed by a Sherwood like interim apointment till the end of the season.
With players like Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez now considered first choice, and no serious competition for Kane, is it any wonder the likes of Eriksen and Toby are seeking new challenges.
Difficult to see us arresting our most alarming slump in decades in the near future.

Today has nothing to do with what I think of this because losses like this can happen anytime, I love Poch but unfortunately some love stories come to an end. Sometimes managers get found out or run out of ideas and things go stale. It happened to Klopp at Dortmund, to Favre at Gladbach, to Guardiola at Bayern and so on. I feel that Poch has ran out of ideas and last season was proof for it. We’ve gone from one of the best attacking side in the country to boring, winning through individual effort rather than team work.

I really really really hope Poch can find the right balance again in our team and get it firing, but I have my doubts and concerns over this.

THIS

We’ve gone from one of the best attacking side in the country to boring, winning through individual effort rather than team work.

I dont see how anyone can say that and not look at the manager
But in two decades we've won just one league cup! The most barren period in our history.

In those 2 decades we've had 9 managers and.......1 chairman/owner

I dont see how any one can read that and not look at the Chairman/owner

How many more managers do we have to get through before accepting something's rotten at the top?

Back
Top Bottom