What made you support Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Step Dad took me to my first game when I was 11. He was Spurs through and through.

Could never have been another team for me..

COYS

Last edited:
Gateway: Chas N Dave (thx to my mum) some time in the v.early 80s.
Solidified by: Ossie & Hoddle.
First game: @ home v Palace 1990

.......I was lucky enough to avoid the WH disease that ran through some of my family (there is photographic evidence of me with a claret & blue football when I was really young..... Urgghhhhhhhhhh!!!).

Gateway: Chas N Dave (thx to my mum) some time in the v.early 80s.
Solidified by: Ossie & Hoddle.
First game: @ home v Palace 1990

.......I was lucky enough to avoid the WH disease that ran through some of my family (there is photographic evidence of me with a claret & blue football when I was really young..... Urgghhhhhhhhhh!!!).
You were lucky. I genuinely find it difficult to understand how Spam fans can feel affection/proud of their club. Whenever I meet one who is a really decent person (rare but it happens) I always think what a waste.

Born in Enfield chase farm.

Grew up in Edmonton/Tottenham. most of my family are originally Edmontonians and most supported spurs, it was all I knew I was really, except my dad who supported Chelsea(just to piss his Dad off I think).

Shame really as me, my dad, brothers and grandad absolutely love football and we never all went to a game together.

My dad told me I didn’t have a choice from a very young age. I always liked football and Spurs anyway but I became obsessed in 1996.

I only started getting into football when I was an 8yo. Initially my main feeling was simply hating Liverpool as everyone in my school (in Sussex FFS) seemed to support them. I then stumbled across Spurs through a couple of friends, and our family has some small links to the area. But really it was the all white kit in the mid eighties, how good we looked, and how sexy our football was. Football 87 panini obsession too. Then we lost the 87 cup final which felt like a huge injustice, and my heart has been stolen ever since.

1981 Cup final.

As a 7 year old, I hadn’t noticed that my mum had bought me a Spurs pencil before the game. I spotted they were on tv, albeit losing to Man City and that was the start of the love affair.

Didn’t really have much choice, I was born in the North Mid, and not long after I was born, my dad held me up to the window and showed me White Hart Lane.

Pretty much everyone on both my mum and dad’s sides of the family support Spurs, so it was never going to be anyone else!
Same born at north mid too, grew up in Haringey. Now poshing it up in Cheshunt lol

My dear old dad took me to watch his beloved Spurs in 1961 , when I was seven years old . Have been hooked ever since .

Think I done him proud , as my three kids and four grandchildren are all Spurs .

Spurs are and always have been a very big part of my life

Growing up in Italy and then Switzerland, I rarely watched PL as a kid. Even if I wanted to, in the late 90s and early 2000s it wasn’t as convenient as today with all the streams, social media and tv stations.
The game I fell in love with Spurs, I have no clue why, was a 1-1 draw in 2005 against Villa. I was 14 back then. JD missed a penalty and hit the crossbar, and Keane equalised late. Strange story I know. I then tasked my dad and other family members who were travelling to London on a regular basis to bring back all the Spurs stuff they could get their hand on, and hello, almost 20 years later I enjoy Spurs more than ever.

Around that time (Late 70s -early 80s) Swedish television showed one PL game a week on Saturdays. I had a friend really into Spurs (guess from his father) and we watched a few games. Remember I really liked Steve Archibald and the Argies, Ardiles was really big in Sweden. This was how it started. In -85 (9th) grade we went to London on a school trip 16 years old, that's where I learnt to drink alcohol and go to nightclubs. They let us in at Empire and Hippodrome (I think the places were called). Anyway back to Tottenham, the ones interested got to buy tickets to a Europa game against Real Madrid.

I remember the whole audience chanting Archibald. That had left to Barcelona (Real's arch enemy) a couple of years earlier.

So PL and Tottenham on TV, a friend and A loss against Real Madrid in the cup winners cup ( I think) at the Lane. After that I've been Spurs.

Family all from Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Mile End etc…..was only ever going to be us or West Ham! Scum weren’t ever mentioned!

My dad used to take me and my bruv to watch us and West Ham train in the 6 week holidays in the 80s when we were at Cheshunt…..I fell in love with us my soppy bruv chose the pikeys lol

Family all from Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Mile End etc…..was only ever going to be us or West Ham! Scum weren’t ever mentioned!

My dad used to take me and my bruv to watch us and West Ham train in the 6 week holidays in the 80s when we were at Cheshunt…..I fell in love with us my soppy bruv chose the pikeys lol

☝️ Hope it helps x

Back
Top Bottom