What is going wrong??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I forgot to mention earlier that I didn't agree with Saturday's line-up where Sissoko played at right back and Dier in midfield.
I think it should be the other way round but obviously our problems go much deeper than that.

I can only speak for myself when I say, nope. I'm not a nice chap.... Not in the slightest.

Truth is you're being groomed; but I trust you'll work this shit out for yourself in time.

:) Group dynamics always take a bit of time to suss out. I always imagine a lot of you posters to be something like this:

But I'm going to admit I personally am a lot lot closer to this:
giphy.gif

So if I ever annoy any of you and you bite, understand that I will fold like a deckchair.

The Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement really pisses me off and Klopp irritates me too.

I don't understand why he's the darling of the media,.
Welcome by the way.. :dierpochhug:

Its usual when joining to strongly defend Poch's tactics in direct response to sammyspurs sammyspurs
There's an excellent article on The Athletic, which is a subscription site, but worth the cash. I say excellent because it boils down most of the points that you'll find on here - mine in particular :pochcmon:
Summary here. Is xposting allowed?

The Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement really pisses me off and Klopp irritates me too.

I don't understand why he's the darling of the media,.

70% of the time he is a larger than life happy smiling bloke. That naturally draws people towards him, it would do in all walks of life. But when he gets pissed off then watch out.

BaggyLoathsomeDeer-size_restricted.gif

The subject of this thread is 'What is going wrong??'

Is it the players seeing out their contracts who have lost interest or something else you have notice or heard about?

I think any talk of replacing Pochettino is crazy at this stage.
I think they're all on the Fighting Cock all night and too tired to play. In fact, I'm sure some of them have avatars on here, knowing it's the only way they'll get any cups at Spurs!

70% of the time he is a larger than life happy smiling bloke. That naturally draws people towards him, it would do in all walks of life. But when he gets pissed off then watch out.

I just think he's a dick.

Do you remember him the season before last charging up the touchline at Anfield like a demented idiot to celebrate Liverpool going 2-1 up against us in injury time??

And then it finished 2-2...
:kaneear:
Hahahahahahaha!

And what was Klopp going on about the other day when he put his interviewer on the spot and asked him if Choudhury should have been sent off?
The interviewer couldn't really give an opinion and Klopp was saying 'Ya, well, you're English, you'll think it's a yellow card...'
What was that all about??

He's a force of nature, which Poch is as well. The dippers have a very well oiled media machine (probably comes from their owners experiences in baseball??) and Klopp is very good at the delivery, unlike Poch.

Klopp / Pep / Poch are impact managers who, with the right funding, will achieve results. They do know that they have a shelf life because their methods are extremely difficult to produce after the honeymoon. Case in point both Klopp and Pep talked about their successors recently.

Poch didn't have that funding and over achieved but now is suffering from an stale, tired squad who just don't have the belief to go beyond 100% because they've doing it for the last 5 years

And what was Klopp going on about the other day when he put his interviewer on the spot and asked him if Choudhury should have been sent off?
The interviewer couldn't really give an opinion and Klopp was saying 'Ya, well, you're English, you'll think it's a yellow card...'
What was that all about??
The same as any manager who wants to pressurise referees into protecting his players. Take your pick.

Decent read in dismissing ( with reasons) some theories such as Poch losing the dressing room - but conclusion is probably to wait for the cavalry.

Here's what Sim and Ben have to say:

if what they are saying is true then how unfair is it for those so called big names to spoil the season for the likes of Harry W and others waiting in the wings. I really thought our players were above all this sort of childish behaviour. Who would want them in any team. I cannot believe what we are seeing.

He's a force of nature, which Poch is as well. The dippers have a very well oiled media machine (probably comes from their owners experiences in baseball??)
Nah, that's Peter Moore all the way, imo. People joked at the time about Liverpool appointing a video-game executive, but the guy flat out knows mass media.

Cbs not peforming. Something isnt right, Sanchez is young and done very well for me since arriving. Hes had some poor games mainly playing rb this season and now cant get a sniff above two wantaway and not perfoming players. Will foyth ever be ready?

Rose is declining and has been but i cant blame and LB problems. Rose obviously doesnt want to be here totally but now is out main priority lb with sess injured. Davies is not good enough.

Ndombele, winks and sissoko are not creative enough for me. Will Lo Celso prove the goods? Maybe. But why are our hopes all of a sudden on him coming in and performing.
Dier looked so awful.

Alli needs gametime for me and Lucas is absolutely fucking essential right now but for some reason is being ignored.

Now is make or break, either Poch shows some balls and sorts this mess out and manages the situation, we are in for a very rough period.

I think another manager could well be the answer if it gets the players going but im so willing to back poch over anything but his performance in terms of team picks and im game management is not stopping me from considering other managers. Hes making poor mistakes for me so its not like hes doing everything right, hes not.

Very awkward divorce incoming if you ask me... Very very sad

The same as any manager who wants to pressurise referees into protecting his players. Take your pick.

I don't see how he's pressurising referees when it's a post-match interview.

I was referring more to the comment about the interviewer being English which was just a bizarre thing to say.

if what they are saying is true then how unfair is it for those so called big names to spoil the season for the likes of Harry W and others waiting in the wings. I really thought our players were above all this sort of childish behaviour. Who would want them in any team. I cannot believe what we are seeing.

Pochettino needs to do what I said in my original post.

I don't see how he's pressurising referees when it's a post-match interview.

I was referring more to the comment about the interviewer being English which was just a bizarre thing to say.
"Agree with me or the world will put it down to how the English league sees itself as special and should have its own rules."

No-one agrees but he's a smart man. Every manager that's had a flair player ever has played that card. He plays a good game.

Back
Top Bottom