Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup- 31.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our 2.5 string easily showed them off.

positives: Dele and Eriksen are back, goal from a corner, Foyth is fucking class, Winks is a dynamo, we can play good attacking football with Kane.

Negatives: not much really, Vik is weak. GKN should just be sold.

Bring on the Scum for the QF

Foyth was fantastic, great to get the win - especially after they pulled one back; I had flashbacks to last season for a moment.

Wanyama is a shadow of his former self though.

On to the next round my friends
Dp9qfXYWkAA1EYT.jpg

Very good result, very accomplished performance and a lot of positives to take. I thought Winks, the two at the back, especially Foyth seeing as he has had limited time were outstanding, Eriksen took the piss with his glide and passing at times and it was fantastic to see Son get the goals he needed to get the monkey off his back.

Really happy to see the fullbacks do well and to see that nice, slick one touch, move passing we want to see more of. Wanyama had spells where he looked as good as new, his hounding and press really get teams flustered and a special mention to Skipp, welcome to the big time son. Very good evening all in all

Juan Foyth.....BRILLIANT!

Sanchez very good too. For those of you who want Gazza in goal ahead of Lloris take a long hard look at yourselves!

Tbf mate in every appearance for us Gazza has been class, arguably our second best player tonight and controlled his box well. Lloris has been dropping a lot of clangers recently so I can see why people might think that

Nice one, fairly comfortable nights work. Great to see Sonny smiling again. Foyth looking solid a big plus.

Is it a fitness thing with Wanyama? or is his past injury slowed him down? Would really like to see him back to his best. Only minutes can help shake this match rustiness.

Spurs v Middlesbrough
City v Woolwich
Bournemouth v Chelsea
Burton v Leicester/Southampton

would be perfect, but we will get woolwich scum or city away. Please just not be City away!

As many have said, the highlight of tonight was Foyth's performance. However, I was also pleased with the way we controlled the game after the third goal - much better than some games of late.

Back
Top Bottom