Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup- 31.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll happily echo the Foyth sentiment again. He was outstanding tonight

Having watched tonight id like to see work done on pinching that Declan Rice kid

I didn't see him lose the ball once. Didn't miss a trick all game. Prospect for sure

Unlike our poor VW.

Am gutted I missed most of the match trying to find a stream. Anyone got a link to the full match ? Too soon perhaps?
Liking the love for Foyth. Sounds like he played a blinder.

The thing that impressed me is he showed a lot of grit and backs to the wall type defending, which has not been needed so far in the games he's played in. He's clearly classy with the ball at his feet and the occasional awareness to sell the player out with a little shimmy and move is all well and good but he stood up to the physical side more than I've seen so far. Buzzing as I think he could be a real asset as the club matures. Plenty more of this Juan my boy!

Disappointed with playing a weakened team = definite defeat on cards. Jesus Christ the stupidity with some of the members on here is quite something.
You were disappointed we didn't play Harry Kane, Toby Alderweireld, Eric Dier and Hugo Lloris in a quite obviously manageable game for our rotation players.

Are you new to football?

I'll happily echo the Foyth sentiment again. He was outstanding tonight

Having watched tonight id like to see work done on pinching that Declan Rice kid

I didn't see him lose the ball once. Didn't miss a trick all game. Prospect for sure

Unlike our poor VW.
Apparently he is refusing to sign a new contract too.

A major take from tonight is Sonny getting back in the goals. He's a streaky player. And if ever we need a good streak from Son, it's through Christmas. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Llorente also getting a goal is good. He got a fair few minutes and topped it off with a goal. Will do him well.

Disappointed with playing a weakened team = definite defeat on cards. Jesus Christ the stupidity with some of the members on here is quite something.

You literally know nothing about football. We played the best team in the country 48 hours ago. Of course it wasn’t going to be our strongest 11, but he picked a side to get the job done - and they did. Comfortably. Honestly you’re a psychiatrist‘s dream. Doesn’t joy exist in your dark cellar of a world?

Nice one, fairly comfortable nights work. Great to see Sonny smiling again. Foyth looking solid a big plus.

Is it a fitness thing with Wanyama? or is his past injury slowed him down? Would really like to see him back to his best. Only minutes can help shake this match rustiness.
Wanyama is a strange one for me, what with the links kind of out of nowhere that was listing him that we were looking to move him on and there have been rumours that his knees are chronic and then you see his performances it kind of makes sense. He's been miles of his first year when I thought he was superb. Tonight he was terrible miles off the pace, so slow to everything and unable to reach so many passes to him.

Back
Top Bottom