Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup- 31.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only managed to watch an hour of the game (somehow missing every single goal), but from what I saw I thought Gazza did well.
to stave off boredom mostly
yeah, he was fine and basically missed a cross but dealt with the follow up and got beaten at his far post whilst trying to transit through a melee and got a classic header down at his feet for his troubles.

He's not as good as Lloris at his best, but he looks a lot less flaky than Lloris at his wierdest. Good shot stopper though.

Average draw. Could been better, could been worse.

Chelsea and City didnt got very weak oppenents. We can beat woolwich but we need to play Kane and the best players in form at that moment.

And better than City anyhow.

That goal was all on him fella, it bounced over him for fucksake absolute howler. Think he pulled off one smart save in the 2nd half, maybe another but sorry he wasn't tested. Missed a cross too after coming off his line to take it, a couple of kicks out to no-one (this is what the Lloris haters do ain't it?) Not overly impressed tonight.
Im not trying to say that at their best - he's better, but Lloris is in a wierd place at the moment, and you only have to look back at Gonzo when he was doing weird shit - the defence stops trusting the keeper and then set pieces become impossible to defend and defenders get caught in two minds about what to do in front of the keeper.
The lads good enough to do a good job. Maybe it will make Lloris focus a bit.

On form Lloris will be hard to keep out

I thought Gazza looked a bit flappy tonight.... Came and didn't collect a couple of times and was in no man's land for their goal.

In his defence he did make a few quality saves as well.

Lloris still numerous Uno for me

A few nervy moments, but thoroughly enjoyed that!

CBs & Winks were great. Good to see Dele, CE & Sonny clock up some productive minutes.

Beating WH never get's old.

Gooners:

88549892.jpg

I would only rotate like 1/3 of the team. It’s a trophy and it’s West Ham. We can’t let them knockout of this again.
I thought Wanyama showed good signs that he can still offer something. Amazing how two people can see things so different, what makes it the beautiful game I suppose.

I thought Winks looked superb as the game went on, the kids really growing into such a clever, snippy and elegant little player I'm excited to see where he'll be level wise in the next year or so
OMG

Yeah clearly I was advocating for a defeat. Jesus Christ almighty.

But you were ready to embrace it and laugh at the mere mortals from the battlements of your vampiric castle weren’t you?

Ok, in reality your mum’s parlour then. Honestly a man of your age still living at home? You should be ashamed you great big greedy cuckoo. Take your weight off other people’s shoulders and be a man.

Back
Top Bottom