West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're playing as though we're 4-1 up. Doing fuck-all with all the possession.

Get Richy on for someone to aim at.
Said exactly the same. We play like it’s a training session. We are Brazil 1970 playing 100F Mexico City. Slow slow slow boom! We never show any urgency and the clock ticks down. We waste more time on the ball at the back just holding onto it and standing still the ref should our players a yellow card for time wasting. We waste our own time and lose valuable minutes in trying to win the gane.

One thing that really pissed me off tonight was the bloody commentary going on about Antonio's great chance when we should have had a free-kick in a dangerous position.

What an absolute twat of a ref not to give that

Paqueta starts for us, guaranteed. Either in place of Bentancur or instead of Maddison who has been absolutely pointless post-injury.

"Guaranteed starter"?

Nah...... Unless you're saying the you think Maddison is finished, then no way.

Everyone fit and in form (using our best performances for reference) there's no place for him in our MF.

Last edited:
Uh yeah, that's sort of how someone getting in to a team works. I'm not going to compare what they looked like six months ago.

Maddison really shouldn't still be recovering, that excuse is wearing thin. He's been back for a long time and had multiple breaks, he's just bang out of form.
Ok well I still take JM then because in the near future he’ll be better than Maddison.

I guess your team selection is based on right now and not future expected averages. That’s fine- congrats Dueterz.

Hoping for a really nasty leg break for Paqueta, bone coming out skin leg break, artery breaking leg break, him screaming for his life leg break.

Annoyed we let the cat beater score off his back but we have been okay. Son is not a 9, if it comes to him, it pings right off.

Saw van der ven catch up with antonio. Unbelievable pace van der ven. Astonishing player. We need a top striker in summer, Veliz as back up with scarlett perhaps pushing.
Was Antonio offside? Foul against Maddison should have been given before the move anyway.

Ok well I still take JM then because in the near future he’ll be better than Maddison.

I guess your team selection is based on right now and not future expected averages. That’s fine- congrats Dueterz.

You're very triggered, is it because your Swedish superstar came on and immediately killed any chance of us winning the game?

Paqueta right now gets in to the team ahead of Maddison. You can either deal with that or cry about it, I really don't care which.

Spot on I sat through Luton and fully expected tonight as a consequence. If we really are intent on winning games like this against elite sides, we'll we need five new creative/,attacking players from the very top shelf. We are predictable pedestrian and a bit sissy in both boxes.😕

Baffled by that....

WH aren't elite.
We shouldn't need a massive squad upgrade to beat them.

IF you mean we need 5 top shelf players to become elite ourselves then yeh, sure but your posts says the former.

Last edited:
You're very triggered, is it because your Swedish superstar came on and immediately killed any chance of us winning the game?

Paqueta right now gets in to the team ahead of Maddison. You can either deal with that or cry about it, I really don't care which.
Im not triggered I simply observed you setting the rules for your own little sandbox game.

Have fun Dueterz.

We committed 9 fouls tonight, and got 4 yellow cards. None of the fouls were dirty or dangerous.
Compare this to the Man City v Woolwich game.
Woolwich committed 20 fouls at the Etihad on Sunday but only received 2 yellow cards, both for dissent. Gross incompetence or corruption?

I totally forgot we were playing tonight, I was watching snooker haha. It's a lot more relaxing just to see the result, no doubt I'd be fucked off now if I'd have watched it.

Are you gonna make me wade through the match thread or would someone give me a brief overview of the game ( preferably without calling me a cunt or telling me to fuck off, but it's understandable if that's not possible).
We were just blunt, Not terrible. just couldn't unlock our forwards and our forwards didn't really try to create much on their own.

The ref was a cunt.

We scored a good goal though and Vicario is our best player. we're still shit a defending set peices.

Moyes is looking worse everyday

Baffled by that....

WH aren't elite.
We shouldn't need a massive squad upgrade to beat them.

you mean we need 5 top shelf players to become elite ourselves then yeh, sure but your posts says the former.

Eh?

Have no idea what you are banging on about.

To be 10000% clear:

IMO the more top class players you have, the more chance you have to win. I feel we needed more top class players when we had Kane and Son.

We since sold Kane and have added some players like VDV and Vicario that are on the edge of being top class and likely will be in the next season or 2.

But we still need more top class players if we are serious about winning.

Do you agree?

Look, I'm not Doku's biggest fan (but I don't hate him or think he's bad like other's do). It's more what a player like him can bring. There's a reason why the best club with the best coach in Europe ID'd that type of player.

If I'm not a big fan of a player I won't routinely cite him as being a difference maker........

He may blossom into a cracking player; but for now he's what you over and over call a bumbler.

Eh?

Have no idea what you are banging on about.

To be 10000% clear:

IMO the more top class players you have, the more chance you have to win. I feel we needed more top class players when we had Kane and Son.

We since sold Kane and have added some players like VDV and Vicario that are on the edge of being top class and likely will be in the next season or 2.

But we still need more top class players if we are serious about winning.

Do you agree?

VDV would legitimately start for any team (international or club) on the planet and I pretty much never get sucked in to the insane hype-train for our players that a lot of our fans do. He is on the verge of being ridiculously good for his age. Injuries the only obstacle.

Adding someone as good as him but in midfield or in the front 3 would gain us a shit load of points.

I really really hope Paratici is being given licence (backing) to add Nico Williams, D. Olmo, level players to our team. I'd even take that twat Toney because on reflection we could use a few dick heads. Them three in and a Gibbs-white, Alti Nouri, Nunes, Onana basically an already established EPL player would be massive

Back
Top Bottom