West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Billy Bob mate

Supporter
Destroy Costume Quest GIF by Cartoon Hangover

So many times this year we’ve seen one player completely immune to getting booked

Paqueta not getting a booking for taking out Maddison in the first half was pathetic. And then to not even be penalised for the foul on the edge of the box.

Van de Ven getting booked for rolling the ball away. Yet JWP and Kudus both not booked for kicking the ball away...

I mean, come on.

Not just them. Other mid table table team raise their games against us. Is bragging rights to win against us and no shame losing. Best of both worlds. We just like to be the fucking glorified and expensive whore satisfying all other teams in the league.
They don’t ’raise their game against us’. They don’t have to. We’re just not that good.

We are what we are. Until we have a front three / four that carve teams apart, things aren’t going to change.

We have good spells. We can play well for periods but there’s zero control.

And Ange keeps saying ‘it’s who we are’ and I have no idea what he means. Because we’re not ‘brave’ in the final third or in our general build up play. It’s budget Pep stuff - possession for possession’s sake.

Park the bus, hoof it up hope for a set piece.

What a shit cunt wank football club.

I really don't want to have to go into hibernation for the rest of the week if we lose this one.
I was fuming for days after the home game, especially as we played them off the park.
I just want to see a fighting spirit and put these clowns to the sword.
I don't really take much notice of the opposition's players, but what I've seen of Kudus so far, he looks dangerous

1. We often take the more diffuclt, lower percentage ball on offer.

2. We, FREQUENTLY, botch wonderful final third situations.

It drives me up the friggin wall.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but we’re not as good as the media love in think we are. So long as a point at West Ham is considered a reasonable and respectable result, we’re far off anything remotely resembling glory. Good progress this season but a bloody chasm between us and serious title contenders. CL qualification would be utterly pointless too. This squad needs to realise its level, dig in, improve and progress. We are a long way off being genuinely decent.

We started well, but are our inability to keep a clean sheet is really hurting us. We never gave West Ham a reason to come out and leave any space, we gifted them a goal and from then on they were happy to just sit in their penalty box and wait for the game to end.

If we keep the clean sheet for the first 45 minutes I’m sure we’d have gone on and killed the game. We have got to fix this problem on set pieces because it is far too easy to score against us without doing anything special.

Back
Top Bottom