West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not just them. Other mid table table team raise their games against us. Is bragging rights to win against us and no shame losing. Best of both worlds. We just like to be the fucking glorified and expensive whore satisfying all other teams in the league.
They don’t ’raise their game against us’. They don’t have to. We’re just not that good.

We are what we are. Until we have a front three / four that carve teams apart, things aren’t going to change.

We have good spells. We can play well for periods but there’s zero control.

And Ange keeps saying ‘it’s who we are’ and I have no idea what he means. Because we’re not ‘brave’ in the final third or in our general build up play. It’s budget Pep stuff - possession for possession’s sake.

Can’t understand why everyone is picking on just Kulu, the other bumbling headless chicken didn’t do any better, the one who must not be mentioned or criticised.
RICHIE.

It's okay, our genius jeffe said we gonna challenge for trophies next season. We're so close already. Tonight's perf, like the Fulham one, screams champions in waiting, no?...
Spot on, this brand new "game model" will surely see us win it all next season based on what we've seen. He's got more front than Harrods, talks the big talk about winning trophies and gives it the big I am before matches, a chancer who'll be gone by next season. To think we're seeing the same boring shit, just "prettier" with more passing and less defending.

If the bar of 'good' is improving on a 3-0 loss to Fulham, then yeah .. it was good.

Why was it bad? We were utterly pedestrian, failed to create a single chance of any note after going 1-0 up, and were generally just poor with a number of players being underwhelming again. Van de Ven and Vicario notable exceptions.

Why was it good? What was enjoyable about it? We had a solid little shit-off with West Ham.
Yawn.

You're so boring mate.

The start of the season we moved the ball so fast across the pitch. The last few months now we just play so damn slow. Like West Ham were constantly able to get back and into formation and we kept just slowly passing it back and fourth.

I want to rant about set pieces, we seem to be perfectly able to let goals in from corners, yet we don't create any decent chances at all.

In games like today, those set pieces make the difference, there wasn't one testing shot on Fabianski in the second half, what's the point in possession if you're not creating tangible chances.

Didn’t see any good stuff just same old shit slow passing back and forth no real penetration.

Hardly a shit show mate.
Thought we dominated for long spells and moved the ball around well at times. Johnson was bright, Maddison was good, VdV as brilliant as ever. Just don’t have quite enough at the top end of the pitch. I’d have kudus in our team all day long

Ultimately, if you can't win, you better not lose.

Draw isn't the worst result. Performance probably didn't deserve more than that tbh. Didn't really let West Ham get in behind often though, which was good considering that was their main threat outside of set pieces.

Villa have City and Woolwich in their next 3 games with a tough Europen game in there too. Have to win out next two games really before we hit our run in.

Yawn.

You're so boring mate.

Yeah .. I thought so. I mean, pretty much nobody other than you appears happy with doing nothing against West Ham for 85 minutes, but go ahead and compete for that happy clapper award if it means that much to you, man.

View: https://x.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1775270144140513356?s=20

The goal was probably what, 0.8xG? So yeah, 85 minutes of fuck all. Which is good, somehow, but you can't explain why. Nice one.

Every managers we have had will always have us short of something to bring us forward. Sickening to the core. Can we get Mourinho, Conte, Poch and Ange to work as a coaching group so we don't have any particular aspect missing? Ffs.

And that brings me to Mason, who has been working under all these managers, how could he not see the glaring misses now and got Ange to inherit good habits from previous management I have no damn idea why.

Funny how we can't seem to raise OUR game against THEM...?

Is it because we GENUINELY believe they're beneath us, and not worth raising our game for...?

'Cos fuck that... They hate us cos we're Jews... yet we can't seem to take that disgusting hatred towards us, and smack it back in their faces with a thumping... Cos what, we've convinced ourselves this is THEIR Cup Final and not ours?

They ALWAYS play out of their skins against us (and incidentally roll over and part their Arse cheeks for the Scum) ...why the FUCK can't we raise OUR game against THEM... it's not beneath us, and no one will mock us for caring about winning a London derby!

Fucking Darren Bent and Jason Cunty on TalkSport... You would NEVER believe both players played (badly) for us
Or maybe that's WHY they played so badly, cos they both clearly hate us!
Oh, I'm in no doubt that we have a mental blind spot with West Ham where we seem to be 'surprised' every time they turn up and play out of their skins. Unsurprisingly, it's happened since we elevated ourselves as a club (almost always) above them by a distance.

I will never forget that disasterclass against them when we could have beaten them to actually climb above Leicester and go top. Fucked it.

Back
Top Bottom