West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree. I think we have progressed to point where this competition is nothing but an annoyance with Real and Liverpool and United in quick succession.
Plus an unfortunate draw anyone else the goons and blue racists included and there probably next to no interest in this, they're making such a noise we have to pay attention.

It’s sad in some ways, but the only positive in this fixture is giving the youngsters and fringe a chance to play 90 minutes in front of a crowd. I like the League Cup but another Wembley game is frankly tedious and the last thing anyone around our First XI needs. Poch doesn’t love this competition anyway so our selection will be brutal. Keeping my mobile on just in case... selection could be based on One Hotspur loyalty points.

I've always liked the League Cup. Love those 2 legged semis under lights. Who could forget 5-1 v Goons? Probably the loudest I've ever heard at the Lane. And the 5-1 v Chavs and the ref sending off the wrong player lol.
Way back in time I remember Wolves '73.

2008 final is a great memory. I got pissed off with Poch for sending the first XI out to play an away Europa tie only a few days before the Final against Mourniho's Chavs, who handily had a clear week. We beat them 5-3 in the league a few weeks earlier, but the Europa completely blew our chances and we never turned up.

Wet Spam can't afford to pay their strongest team against us - they are in a relegation scrap and need results against Brighton and Palace. I look forward to a rotated team beating them.

One more tie after this, and we're in the semis. COYS!!!!!!

One spammer desecrating the seats of Wembley is one too many...
now the tickets are on GS and we will be putting up with more of them than we should, instead of staying on restricted sale.
Other clubs fans have probably wised up as well, and signed up for member IDs in advance.
To avoid this, future ticket sales should be restricted to only people who were already paid up members or has previously bought any ticket before a cut off date, say up to and including the Liverpool game that's coming up.

Last edited:
Disagree with the consensus on here. Would love to win this one. Not as important as the United and Liverpool games, so yes rest players if need be...but I'd still love to win. Although almost any away draw would have been better, as far as home ties go it's a great draw because there should be a fairly decent atmosphere and hopefully whatever team is put out will be committed to beating them.

wondering if I should not bother now , the risk of trouble is now triple as they will have about god knows ammounts of there shit fans buying in section 112 etc and 120 where I'm sitting and as much as I like to abuse away fans I feel like I wont be able to celebate a goal incase its 2 west ham nutcases sitting near me and going to give me a right hander. Why genral sale against a rival who always cause trouble , Fulham , QPR are all fine but not bloody west ham

I've always liked the League Cup. Love those 2 legged semis under lights. Who could forget 5-1 v Goons? Probably the loudest I've ever heard at the Lane. And the 5-1 v Chavs and the ref sending off the wrong player lol.
Way back in time I remember Wolves '73.

2008 final is a great memory. I got pissed off with Poch for sending the first XI out to play an away Europa tie only a few days before the Final against Mourniho's Chavs, who handily had a clear week. We beat them 5-3 in the league a few weeks earlier, but the Europa completely blew our chances and we never turned up.

Wet Spam can't afford to pay their strongest team against us - they are in a relegation scrap and need results against Brighton and Palace. I look forward to a rotated team beating them.

One more tie after this, and we're in the semis. COYS!!!!!!

Then only one game away from a day out at Wembley:paulinhobored:

One spammer desecrating the seats of Wembley is one too many...
now the tickets are on GS and we will be putting up with more of them than we should, instead of staying on restricted sale.
Other clubs fans have probably wised up as well, and signed up for member IDs in advance.
To avoid this, future ticket sales should be restricted to only people who were already paid up members or has previously bought any ticket before a cut off date, say up to and including the Liverpool game that's coming up.
Where did you see it's on unrestricted GS?
According to the website it's still restricted.

wondering if I should not bother now , the risk of trouble is now triple as they will have about god knows ammounts of there shit fans buying in section 112 etc and 120 where I'm sitting and as much as I like to abuse away fans I feel like I wont be able to celebate a goal incase its 2 west ham nutcases sitting near me and going to give me a right hander. Why genral sale against a rival who always cause trouble , Fulham , QPR are all fine but not bloody west ham

Don't bottle it mate. You will be able to move to another section if you don't feel comfortable anyway.

Where did you see it's on unrestricted GS?
According to the website it's still restricted.
On the Ticket Sale Dates page, there's no star next to that line.
On eticketing, the seat selection page has the green "GS" instead of red "R".
It's possible to pick a seat and go all the way to checkout without logging in, until you get the link to make a new account.

Back
Top Bottom