West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just realised the Iron(hoof)s have an extra 2 days rest than us. 5 days vs 3 days & playing our second string, they really have no excuses for not winning at least one cup final this season!

Just realised the Iron(hoof)s have an extra 2 days rest than us. 5 days vs 3 days & playing our second string, they really have no excuses for not winning at least one cup final this season!
Honestly as they will be playing their first team and in front of a empty Wembley with their supporters in a cup final frenzy they might actually nick this.

As much as I dislike losing to West Ham I don’t feel like it would terrible in this circumstance. CL/PL is top priority and none of our starters should exhaust themselves or get injured for this

Haven't got a clue how we gonna line up for this game, especially with the cm problem, maybe?

vorm
trips foyth dier rose

winks sissoko (dembele if fit)

son Ali n'Koudou

Llorente

subs- gazza, georgiou, lamela, amos, edwards, sanchez, KWP

Haven't got a clue how we gonna line up for this game, especially with the cm problem, maybe?

vorm
trips foyth dier rose

winks sissoko (dembele if fit)

son Ali n'Koudou

Llorente

subs- gazza, georgiou, lamela, amos, edwards, sanchez, KWP

Playing Dier at CB will do anything but ease our "CM problem".

If Dier (whos played every minute so far this season) plays at all its CM; no brainer.

Jan had a game off recently so play him with Foyth

Playing Dier at CB will do anything but ease our "CM problem".

If Dier (whos played every minute so far this season) plays at all its CM; no brainer.

Jan had a game off recently so play him with Foyth
I agree, Dier seems to slot in well at CB in a back 3 like against RM, but I wouldn't want him there in a back 4 really. What a game for Foyth to be put into, hope he gets stuck in against these lot if he does!

I agree, Dier seems to slot in well at CB in a back 3 like against RM, but I wouldn't want him there in a back 4 really. What a game for Foyth to be put into, hope he gets stuck in against these lot if he does!

My objection wouldnt be on the basis of skillset. Just squad management (see MD & VW).

If wasn't for us calling ourselves Yids it wouldn't even occur to them.

I suppose their affiliation with Nazi Lazio fans is merely some sort of cross-cultural exchange program.

They give West Ham fascism and West Ham give them jellied eels.

Who gets the best deal?

:ap:

Must admit don t like playing teams when they have just had a very bad result (or just sacked their manager) but for this game not that bothered especially as sure as eggs are eggs, won t be playing full strength team. However, victory be even sweeter if our kids beat them.

Honestly as they will be playing their first team and in front of a empty Wembley with their supporters in a cup final frenzy they might actually nick this.

As much as I dislike losing to West Ham I don’t feel like it would terrible in this circumstance. CL/PL is top priority and none of our starters should exhaust themselves or get injured for this
Agree. Think back three years ago. We were drawn with the scum in the same cup. We all knew we had the team to take them to the cleaners. Then the horror of that selection, mobile phones all pinging alerts symaltaniously whilst we waited in anticipation outside the Bell & Hare for the arrival of the vermin. In one ping of a mobile phone the utter dejection slowing turning to anger at a missed chance of beating them. Vindication being earned by some the following weekend by smashing Citeh, then fast forward to the end of the season and the majority of fans educated for the first time in their lifetime what it is to be a title contender and where our priority and focus should be, very much me included.

I've been brought up as having our trophy's won column ticked as my comfort blanket, shite in the League, that also translates into your not a very good team full stop, but at least we've got 8 FA Cups and a weekend away bag of others to console ourselves in a dick measuring contest.

Great teams win Leagues, great teams challenge for league titles. Other stuff (trophy's) will also come off the back off our focus to win a league, it's a natural by-product.

TDLR
We are going to rotate heavily for this game, just look at our fixtures around it. Meanwhile, Bilic knows he can keep his job, yet again, by beating Spurs if he plays his best team. There fans will once again ignore the fact they are yet again in a relegation scrap so long as they beat Spurs. Even their owners, the kings and Queen of marketing spin know that Bilic should focus on the league because of the financial rewards, will pressure him to field their best side because they are under the cosh with their fans too. A win against us will also give them some breathing space and an open top bus parade photo opportunity at a knock down price of £5.99 whilst stocks last. (They danced in the streets for months after beating Chelsea's kids last year).

Hope we rest everyone. Meaningless competition against meaningless opposition. I expect they'll be right up for it:
- Wembley which they never get to go to.
- Rivals (from their POV)
- do it for Slav, else he's getting the boot

We've bigger fish to fry. Title challenge and CL champions.

I don't know if I'd rest everyone - obviously the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Alli I would probably rest. I think Pochettino wants a trophy this year and knows this competition is a great chance. I mean he had the likes of Dembele, Alli, Son, Vertonghen in the game against Barnsley.

I'd go with:

Vorm
KWP - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
Sissoko - Dier
Son - Lamela* - N'Koudou
Llorente

Back
Top Bottom