West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch should take the day off and let John McDermott run the show ... it would show total disrespect to the Spammers ... play whichever players are up for it ... if seven or eight need a rest for Saturday then rest them .... nice to win of course but in the big picture it's utterly unimportant for us either way ....

Poch should take the day off and let John McDermott run the show ... it would show total disrespect to the Spammers ... play whichever players are up for it ... if seven or eight need a rest for Saturday then rest them .... nice to win of course but in the big picture it's utterly unimportant for us either way ....
Sorry mate. Just don’t agree with this. I don’t know if you’ve been away from English football for too long, but to bury these annoying little fuckers again is not an opportunity to resist. Properly set up, Poch style, our second string will see them off. We are riding high. They are in the doldrums. It’s a great opportunity to put another nail into their coffin. So there is an element of importance to this game. Why give them an inch whilst they are in the shit? Choke the fucking life out of them while they are down and out. Send their fans back to Essex on the wrong end of a whipping by our reserves. That’s the way I’m looking at this game. Am just annoyed that I am on leave but stuck in fucking Norfolk on Wednesday. I’m sure it’s a lovely place but am gutted that I’m on a 3 line whip when I could be cheering and jeering under the Wembley lights. Ah well. Each to their own.

Sorry mate. Just don’t agree with this. I don’t know if you’ve been away from English football for too long, but to bury these annoying little fuckers again is not an opportunity to resist. Properly set up, Poch style, our second string will see them off. We are riding high. They are in the doldrums. It’s a great opportunity to put another nail into their coffin. So there is an element of importance to this game. Why give them an inch whilst they are in the shit? Choke the fucking life out of them while they are down and out. Send their fans back to Essex on the wrong end of a whipping by our reserves. That’s the way I’m looking at this game. Am just annoyed that I am on leave but stuck in fucking Norfolk on Wednesday. I’m sure it’s a lovely place but am gutted that I’m on a 3 line whip when I could be cheering and jeering under the Wembley lights. Ah well. Each to their own.
Now that was pure poetry
Take a bow Bolton :)

Norfolk eh?

There's always the wireless to listen to......

:ap:

So all the talk of doing a "Koln" on us has died down after the week we've had. I'm sure none of them want to be stuck in the wrong end watching us put four or five past them. They are bricking it and their only reassurance is the realisation that this game is so low down on the list of our priorities that we will rest most of our first 11.

We'll still get stick for "not selling out a home game" though.

Its an odd one this... it'll surely be a game off for many who played yesterday (or in Madrid for that matter) which means the players who WILL be playing AREN'T necessarily those 1st teamers who are in Top form at the moment.
Likewise, I imagine most of West Hams shambles on Friday won't be playing either... they really CAN'T afford to lose anyone in this game...

So it'll most likely be a battle of the second strings... BOTH teams trying to impress.

Should be a Good'un!

Its an odd one this... it'll surely be a game off for many who played yesterday (or in Madrid for that matter) which means the players who WILL be playing AREN'T necessarily those 1st teamers who are in Top form at the moment.
Likewise, I imagine most of West Hams shambles on Friday won't be playing either... they really CAN'T afford to lose anyone in this game...

So it'll most likely be a battle of the second strings... BOTH teams trying to impress.

Should be a Good'un!

Strangely looking forward to this....

Should be a Good'un!

I think Bilic will be desperate for a confidence boost and a stay of execution. The weeks rest probably isn't more valuable than that for him at the moment. What does he care if the squad are knackered if he's out of a job in 2 weeks.

But agree that this is well off our radar - they have always raised their game against us so i think we shouldn't take this lightly because equally, a loss to them drags us back down to reality and suddenly the atmosphere and the narrative changes back to "well what have they won?"

This is the week that we "arrived" apparently. So lets stay for a bit before the media send us back again.

Silly statement from Jenas "The Directors seem to stick with their man and aren't keen to fire people"

This is because they are cheap bastards, they don't want to pay someone off by sacking them. They don't buy the players a manager wants (as Bilic has said) they try and buy on the cheap. They are raping WHU of everything they had, it's all about the resale. They will develop the old ground, add this to their portfolio and try and sell it. They aren't doing it for any other reason. I would love them to go down but I feel they would replace Bilic early enough to avoid this. Someone like Pardew or Harry will get a run and keep them up but no decent manager for the long term will take the job.

Strangely looking forward to this....

I think it completely depends on what the team sheet says at half six ish on Wednesday. Because we're on such a high at the moment. The media are giving us a bit of respect (through clenched teeth) and this place is almost pleasant, short of a few of the usual pre-match jokers.

Had been thinking recently that Poch's decisions to not treat this comp as a priority originate from a more commercial way of thinking than pure footballing reasons.

I think its clear that the manager understands rivalries and the desire to win trophies. But maintaining our position in the PL and progressing in the CL are more financially viable options for the club than winning a League Cup (or any domestic cup for that matter).

People should consider that when they're screaming for us "to just spend some fucking money / pay them whatever wages it takes"

Like it or not.

Looking forward to seeing Foyth again, feel sorry for him a bit. He looks a damn good player, he's just mega unlucky he's Toby, Jan and Big D for competition.

Play the kids. I really don't mind us throwing this one. The League Cup is a gong show and we don't need it interfering with our goals.

I want to play the kids, but not with the intention of going out.

Kane showing that the boys need a rest, and some fringe really should a run out. Our kids can beat them, its important for our squad this game.

Looking forward to seeing Foyth again, feel sorry for him a bit. He looks a damn good player, he's just mega unlucky he's Toby, Jan and Big D for competition.

yeah but by all accounts he has his head screwed on. He will be under no illusion that he was coming here to learn and get the occasional game. If he is decent he will get his chance, there is no doubt of that. I expect he is happy in London and learning lots whilst spending most of his time in the best training facility in the league.

He is very young, quite slightly for a defender so is a couple of seasons away from a regular starting place

Really not sure what team to line up with for this, giving that Real Madrid are up next and then Man Utd.

I’d probably start Dier, Rose, Llorente, Sissoko, and Trippier but other than that, I’m really not sure!

Back
Top Bottom