West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d give the players returning from injury a game in this, but play some first teamers as well.

- Vorm -
- Dier Foyth Davies -
- Trippier Dembele Sissoko Rose -
- Son Eriksen -
- Llorente -

Bilic needs to win this, and I wouldn’t want to give their supporters the satisfaction of claiming this as their turning point.

Great game for the bench players. West Ham will surely go all out and pick their best eleven.

I honestly dont care about the outcome in this game, because there are positives to every result: With a win, we have a competition where our back-ups can prove themselves - maybe even try out different formations and game plans along the way. Lose, and Bilic probably gets to keep his job again for a few more weeks. Happy days.

Looking at the various projected XI's and our starting squad with people getting healthy, it's amazing the tactical flexibility we have with so many players able to play multiple positions.

KWP (LB/RB)
Aurier (LB/RB)
Dier (CB/CM)
Verts (CB/LB)
Davies (LB/CB)
Dele (CM/W)
Sissoko (CM/W)
Son (W/CF)

This isn't even counting emergencies where Wanyama can play CB or Rose can be on the left flank in the midfield, or Kane as GK...

It's really remarkable and smart man-management. Also helps when the injury bug hits, which it does to every team outside of Leicester two seasons ago and Chelsea last season and Man City so far this one...

I’d give the players returning from injury a game in this, but play some first teamers as well.

- Vorm -
- Dier Foyth Davies -
- Trippier Dembele Sissoko Rose -
- Son Eriksen -
- Llorente -

Bilic needs to win this, and I wouldn’t want to give their supporters the satisfaction of claiming this as their turning point.

Changed my mind.. KWP at right back and Lamela in from the start if fit. Get Rose off after 60 and play him Saturday

Looking at the various projected XI's and our starting squad with people getting healthy, it's amazing the tactical flexibility we have with so many players able to play multiple positions.

KWP (LB/RB)
Aurier (LB/RB)
Dier (CB/CM)
Verts (CB/LB)
Davies (LB/CB)
Dele (CM/W)
Sissoko (CM/W)
Son (W/CF)

This isn't even counting emergencies where Wanyama can play CB or Rose can be on the left flank in the midfield, or Kane as GK...

It's really remarkable and smart man-management. Also helps when the injury bug hits, which it does to every team outside of Leicester two seasons ago and Chelsea last season and Man City so far this one...

To add to the list DIer has played a fair few at RB - Verts has had games at his previous clubs as DM

Vorm
KWP Dier Foyth Davies Rose
Lamela Sissoko
GKN Son
Llorente

Smash em!

This is my preferred line up as well, but so easy to rotate one or two out, it still looks better than anything West Ham can do.

I know it's a nothing game, but is still be dissapointed if we lose

Take your point ... crushing the annoying turds is always worth it ... I'm 99% sure the Spammers will play all their reserves for this one ... Bilic can't afford a feck up v Palace at the weekend ... my point wasn't to give 'em anything just treat them with utter disrespect ... I have no doubt our rotation will still smash the feckers ...
I have been away a long time ... last had a season ticket in 2004 ... it's without doubt the thing I miss the most

Disagree with that. Bilic knows if they lose this one it will be the end of the road for him. He will put out his strongest team guaranteed.

Tough call for lineup, I'd go

-Vorm
-Tripps - Foyth, Toby- Rose
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Son - GNK
Llorente

Doubt Lamela could start, hopefully a sub around 60 mins.

Back
Top Bottom