Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe the intention is to attend 18 matches at Wembley? That's certainly a lot of air miles and early starts :pocheyes:

If they were to attend 3-4 matches would have been cheaper just be a Lilywhite member and get match day tickets.

I don't think that money is a consideration for them, but it all goes towards depriving more deserving fans of tickets. Deserving as in wanting to, and being able to attend. As far as I can see the take up rate hasn't been that impressive - there are loads left, so hopefully everyone who wants one can get one. It's the potential for empty seats in the new gaff that concerns me.

first ever season ticket all paid for and done with! I come up from Somerset for fixtures which is a bit of a distance but the journey up and the build up is all part of the experience. Can't wait to see my team for every home game and i'm so chuffed to say i own a season ticket! COYS!!

Anyone used the payment plan in the past and know exactly how it works? Does the money come out on the same date every month? Do you have to set up your own direct debit through your bank?

Anyone used the payment plan in the past and know exactly how it works? Does the money come out on the same date every month? Do you have to set up your own direct debit through your bank?
Can't remember when it comes out - think the first payment is 5 weeks after approval, but it will be the same date (unless it's a weekend), and you input your bank account details when you apply for it and they set up the DD using those details. Process takes about 5 minutes.

Can't remember when it comes out - think the first payment is 5 weeks after approval, but it will be the same date (unless it's a weekend), and you input your bank account details when you apply for it and they set up the DD using those details. Process takes about 5 minutes.

Thanks a lot! First ever season ticket, pretty buzzin!

Maybe the intention is to attend 18 matches at Wembley? That's certainly a lot of air miles and early starts :pocheyes:

If they were to attend 3-4 matches would have been cheaper just be a Lilywhite member and get match day tickets.
It would have been cheaper but getting the two season tickets will get me to travel to London far more frequently and I would hate to miss out getting season tickets to the new stadium.

It would have been cheaper but getting the two season tickets will get me to travel to London far more frequently and I would hate to miss out getting season tickets to the new stadium.

But your two seats are going to be empty most of the time. 5000 more people like you and it's going to look like the Emirates. You don't need season tickets, you just need match tickets when you're over. They won't be hard to find with a bronze or Lilywhite membership.

Edit: ah fuck it. Good luck. You're not affecting me. I'm going less and less these days anyway. Enjoy your retirement.

Last edited:
But your two seats are going to be empty most of the time. 5000 more people like you and it's going to look like the Emirates. You don't need season tickets, you just need match tickets when you're over. They won't be hard to find with a bronze or Lilywhite membership. Is this what the 17,000 single tier stand is all about? Loads of empty seats until retiring Yanks can be arsed to turn up? The wall of silence?

I gave up a season ticket in 2008 because the people around me were so passive, I see absolutely no reason to take up the option this time around. My li'l ole bronze will get me into every game next season, and I live 20 minutes away - not 3500 miles.
This yank will be arsed to turn up, and I will not be in the 17000 South stand.

This yank will be arsed to turn up, and I will not be in the 17000 South stand.
Well how about this for a compromise?

Washy is a true fan, we all know that, and the passion he has that drives him to buy a ST from the other side of the world so that he'll have one when he needs it in a few years is something we can all empathise with and admire. And of course he'll get over when he can.

But Joe is right too, its not right to have rich people sticking their proverbial towels on empty seats for a couple of years - ruins the atmosphere, deprives others.

So Washy just has to find a way of getting his seat, when he's not using it, to a local youngster who would never otherwise be able to afford it. Not dissimilar I think to the great moves of some of our Scandinavian brethren last year.

I bet the club, if approached, would mediate. And I reckon, because let's face it, there are going to be a lot of ST seat spares kicking about for some home games, there are a lot of people in a similar boat to Washy who'd be happy to let the club allocate their seats to youngsters (when not needed, and perhaps at short notice). We none of us want to see vast swathes of empty seats - it's going to be difficult enough for the team at Wembley as it is.

I think there is a 'sell back' option that a lot of holders will use, because the club value the games equally across the 19, so you might see people selling back those Tuesday night Stoke games when logistics and circumstances take over. I am not sure what the new system taking over from Stubhub will be but it does look like for a fair selection of games supply will outstrip demand, especially as our away allocation is going to be 3000 and whilst I wish it wasn't the case, do we think there are 87000 Spurs fans raring to see us take on Bournemouth?

It comes down to pricing I guess and that hasn't been announced yet, which is strange because the season ticket prices have been announced and that seems counter intuitive. I reckon there could be one or two £20 ticket games for the high up seats and on one level that is a bit disrespectful to those committing to spend over double that figure on a season ticket seat, I do like the sound of us letting fans in who haven't had the chance to see us because our tickets have been historically pricey.

I am now thinking of the idea of selling my ticket back for £40, then buying a general admission ticket for £20 in order to get paid for watching Spurs..But I'm bloody minded that way!!

I think there is a 'sell back' option that a lot of holders will use, because the club value the games equally across the 19, so you might see people selling back those Tuesday night Stoke games when logistics and circumstances take over. I am not sure what the new system taking over from Stubhub will be but it does look like for a fair selection of games supply will outstrip demand, especially as our away allocation is going to be 3000 and whilst I wish it wasn't the case, do we think there are 87000 Spurs fans raring to see us take on Bournemouth?

It comes down to pricing I guess and that hasn't been announced yet, which is strange because the season ticket prices have been announced and that seems counter intuitive. I reckon there could be one or two £20 ticket games for the high up seats and on one level that is a bit disrespectful to those committing to spend over double that figure on a season ticket seat, I do like the sound of us letting fans in who haven't had the chance to see us because our tickets have been historically pricey.

I am now thinking of the idea of selling my ticket back for £40, then buying a general admission ticket for £20 in order to get paid for watching Spurs..But I'm bloody minded that way!!
The tickets are sold back to the club at face value, then a £7.50 handling charge is added to the purchase price

Well how about this for a compromise?

Washy is a true fan, we all know that, and the passion he has that drives him to buy a ST from the other side of the world so that he'll have one when he needs it in a few years is something we can all empathise with and admire. And of course he'll get over when he can.

But Joe is right too, its not right to have rich people sticking their proverbial towels on empty seats for a couple of years - ruins the atmosphere, deprives others.

So Washy just has to find a way of getting his seat, when he's not using it, to a local youngster who would never otherwise be able to afford it. Not dissimilar I think to the great moves of some of our Scandinavian brethren last year.

I bet the club, if approached, would mediate. And I reckon, because let's face it, there are going to be a lot of ST seat spares kicking about for some home games, there are a lot of people in a similar boat to Washy who'd be happy to let the club allocate their seats to youngsters (when not needed, and perhaps at short notice). We none of us want to see vast swathes of empty seats - it's going to be difficult enough for the team at Wembley as it is.
Nice post.
I will take your suggestion to Ian Murphy and drop him a line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom