Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not concerned at all about the exchange only being available when the stadium is sold out. Kind of expected that.

The outrageous issues for me are:
1) The loyalty points handed out to those who don't go the game. Whoever came up with that - Resign your position.
2) The ridiculous £7.50 booking fee
3) The 'averaging' of the Categories designed to make more money. What is wrong with Cat A cost back from a Cat A ticket? The club is already getting cut off the £7.50 anyway.

I was reading the thread last night. The thing is you only get to hear the voices of those that think they are getting fleeced, those that think it's OK (I'm one of those) keep shtum. The thread last night had loads of people wanting StubHub back!! Basically as I see it those that are winging are those furious that they can't sell on, well what the fuck are they buying an ST for then? If these people are the fans that have relied on having more than one ST, one for themselves and one to sell on and earn a profit from that resale, them fuck them, fuck them in the arse! I'm pissing myself at the thought of them losing a grand or two this season, fucking beautiful and I shed only tears of laughter.

Obviously that is one end of the spectrum and maybe there is some middle ground here and there are reasons why people think they are being fleeced, I don't see it myself. If you buy an ST it means you are committing to going to the games. On the odd occurrence you can't make a game (and can't re-sell because game is not sold out) give/sell it to a mate, what the fuck is the big deal? What am I missing?

Good point & one that i had overlooked. The legacy ST holders that have 3, 4 or 5 STs they churn over a tidy little profit every season. Boo-fucking-hoo.

I was reading the thread last night. The thing is you only get to hear the voices of those that think they are getting fleeced, those that think it's OK (I'm one of those) keep shtum. The thread last night had loads of people wanting StubHub back!! Basically as I see it those that are winging are those furious that they can't sell on, well what the fuck are they buying an ST for then? If these people are the fans that have relied on having more than one ST, one for themselves and one to sell on and earn a profit from that resale, them fuck them, fuck them in the arse! I'm pissing myself at the thought of them losing a grand or two this season, fucking beautiful and I shed only tears of laughter.

Obviously that is one end of the spectrum and maybe there is some middle ground here and there are reasons why people think they are being fleeced, I don't see it myself. If you buy an ST it means you are committing to going to the games. On the odd occurrence you can't make a game (and can't re-sell because game is not sold out) give/sell it to a mate, what the fuck is the big deal? What am I missing?
I couldn't of put it better myself

I'm not concerned at all about the exchange only being available when the stadium is sold out. Kind of expected that.

1) The loyalty points handed out to those who don't go the game. Whoever came up with that - Resign your position.
3) The 'averaging' of the Categories designed to make more money. What is wrong with Cat A cost back from a Cat A ticket? The club is already getting cut off the £7.50 anyway.

Yeah, that is an odd one.

I think it's more to do with the booking fee.
It's high, granted, but fuck me people raging at £7.50 that they will not be spending themselves, FFS!!! I mean come on, is that it? All this amount of rage, there is something wrong with people. Unless of course they are the speculators of past years.......I bet they are. I've several mates that are, think I'll catch up with them tonight, see if they thought they were going to strike gold fleecing Spurs fans for yet another year. If this stops them doing it happy fucking days, cleanse the list.

It's high, granted, but fuck me people raging at £7.50 that they will not be spending themselves, FFS!!! I mean come on, is that it? All this amount of rage, there is something wrong with people. Unless of course they are the speculators of past years.......I bet they are. I've several mates that are, think I'll catch up with them tonight, see if they thought they were going to strike gold fleecing Spurs fans for yet another year. If this stops them doing it happy fucking days, cleanse the list.

Its fucking 1.5 pints mate, they will only be able to get half cut pre-match rather than 3/4s.

I've fucking hated the whole Cat game thing since it was introduced, only favours those with the money rather than the most passionate fan, always thought ticket priority should be based on loyalty rather than how much money you have.

THST Comment

Since the Club ended its commercial partnership with StubHub at the start of June and announced that the resale platform was to be taken back in house, we've lobbied consistently for a face-value exchange tailored for the unique circumstances of Wembley next season. We said this should be done while retaining the flexibility to adapt in the future into a service that is appropriate for and of real benefit to fans of Tottenham Hotspur.

Such is the impact of TV that over half of Spurs' fixtures are rescheduled for broadcast across any given season. That's before games are displaced due to European commitments. This means Season Ticket holders are essentially buying 19 games 'blind'. There will be occasions when real life gets in the way of football and matches will be missed. The resale platform should enable fans who can’t make a match give others the opportunity to attend in their place while recouping their money. It's a simple premise.

Yesterday, the Club belatedly announced the mechanics of the new ticket exchange after six weeks of persistent lobbying from THST. We felt that these details should have been available from the start of the Season Ticket sales process to enable fans to make an informed purchase. Instead, the Club provided only a sketchy outline and, it now transpires, has not taken any of our recommendations on board.

Confirmation that the ticket exchange will open only when the entire stadium has sold out effectively means there is no exchange. Wembley rarely, if ever, officially sells out. And certainly not at the prices THFC is charging.

We had lobbied for the exchange to open by area. Spurs made the decision to sell almost all of Level 1 (lower tier) exclusively to Season Ticket holders in an attempt to preserve atmosphere. This means members will be left with mainly Level 5 (top tier) seats.

By opening the exchange once Level 1 had sold out, Season Ticket holders would have been offered a functional resale platform. And members would have had the option to purchase a seat in the lower bowl. The Club has chosen not to do this.

Given the price differential from Level 1 to Level 5, the extortionate £7.50 transactional charge levied on each seat purchased via the exchange, and given that a lower bowl seat is a vastly different experience to an upper tier seat, concerns around cannibalising primary sales were, in our opinion, marginal. The Club disagreed.

We believe the ticket exchange announcement is the latest in a series of mistakes made by the Club this summer; mistakes that will have a negative impact on supporters and the Club itself. Every action has a consequence, and the Club has seemingly stumbled from one bad decision to another, increasingly boxing itself in.

Let's recap on some of those key decisions. The Club refused to allow a Season Ticket amnesty, or sabbatical, for both renewals and new Season Ticket purchases, forcing fans to commit for Wembley or lose their chance of a guaranteed seat in the new stadium.

Season Tickets were then priced at a level above what we, and a significant proportion of supporters, were expecting. They were also priced in isolation from match day pricing, meaning when the Club came to set those individual match prices, it was limited by the parameters it had already set for itself. Match day pricing was, as a consequence, not one designed to fill a 90,000 seater stadium. Certainly not the 'bums on seats' policy deployed with such success for the European campaign last season.

One positive decision was ending the partnership with StubHub. This presented the Club with an opportunity to tailor-make a platform that reflected the exceptional circumstances of next season and maintained an important service for fans. The Club has not grasped this opportunity.

The Club has, however, left itself a get out. It says it reserves the right to vary the criteria that triggers the exchange opening. It is going to have to do that if fans are to be given anything approaching a fair system, and if the embarrassment of empty seats is to be avoided. It can wait for evidence of its mistake to emerge, damaging the Club's reputation, or it can respond to the widespread opposition already voiced by fans. Announcing clearly that the ticket exchange will open as sections sell out would show that the Club does listen to its fans, and would offer practical benefits to the Club and its supporters. We urge fans to make their feelings known directly to the Club.

We remain as willing as we've always been to work constructively together with the Club.
No I didn't misunderstand.
So members are not getting the option to purchase ST exchange tickets at face value for parts of the ground until sold out.
Some of those seats would better and cost a bit more than the cheapest ticket on sale.

no 3)

If you paid £775 for a ST at £40 a game.
You didn't pay £840 for it which would be 6 cat A 6 Cat B and 7 C tickets prices

no 3)

If you paid £775 for a ST at £40 a game.
You didn't pay £840 for it which would be 6 cat A 6 Cat B and 7 C tickets prices

True there is a small 'saving' by having a season ticket over buying all games individually but the club obviously bases this on their perceived Categories in the first place and builds it into the pricing.

They recognize Categories at their own points of sale , but then refuse to acknowledge them at point of return. That's not on.

I know this is thec"Season ticket" thread... but I've just seen what the Spurs Membership pack includes...
Sneak peek at our exclusive Adult membership pack for 2017/2018! 2 August 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Key ring with a tuft of WHL turf in it.
That's pretty classy...
Despite the fact I'm surprised there was any left to divide up!!

Maybe Levy had a spare stash of grass to sell on...
:levyeyes::levylol:
Hopefully the scarf is long enough to actually wrap around your neck more than once, unlike the last one. :levywtf:

adult_member_keyring_gif.gif

This is my first year owning a ST. Its all I've wanted for 9 years.
I'm not on twitter or spacebook or myface or bebo or whatever the kids use these days.
But I would rather they opened up all available tickets, official and resale, so that Wembley was filled from the bottom up.
Id be pretty pissed off waiting and waiting for tickets to sell, eventually plumbing for a tier 5 gods ticket and then THFC decide 'lets vary our restrictions and open up resale early' with the feint hope of selling those resale seats rather than empty seats.
They will know who cant attend as you can log your seat in there waiting for THFC to open the window.

Surely the YTS kid thats watching the seats being logged into the system might raise his hand in the office and be like 'er sir, scuse me sir, we have reached 10,000 resale seats being logged. should we open the resale window?'
"Don't be a silly boy! we have 250 tier 5 seats remaining, Mr Levy would be furious with your attitude!"

Punters will always buy the best view possible over just attending for the sake of it surely. That's why THFC sold EL tickets for £1.25 or whatever it was so they didn't look like chumps on TV. Well, if they don't sort it out now they should start printing 'im a chump' badges before sending out the shard of a possible bit of grass from WHL!

See you on 20th! :coys:

Last edited:
This is my first year owning a ST. Its all I've wanted for 9 years.
I'm not on twitter or spacebook or myface or bebo or whatever the kids use these days.
But I would rather they opened up all available tickets, official and resale, so that Wembley was filled from the bottom up.
Id be pretty pissed off waiting and waiting for tickets to sell, eventually plumbing for a tier 5 gods ticket and then THFC decide 'lets vary our restrictions and open up resale early' with the feint hope of selling those resale seats rather than empty seats.
They will know who cant attend as you can log your seat in there waiting for THFC to open the window.

Surely the YTS kid that watching the seats being logged into the system might raise his hand in the office and be like 'er sir, scuse me sir, we have reached 10,000 resale seats being logged. should we open the resale window?'
"Don't be a silly boy! we have 250 tier 5 seats remaining, Mr Levy would be furious with your attitude!"

Punters will always buy the best view possible over just attending for the sake of it surely. That's why THFC sold EL tickets for £1.25 or whatever it was so they didn't look like chumps on TV. Well, if they don't sort it out now they should start printing 'im a chump' badges before sending out the shard of a possible bit of grass from WHL!

See you on 20th! :coys:
My seat has a great view one row back from the front of the middle tier. An aisle seat close to the stairs to boot. I don't get that fans would rather sit in the gods than have the chance to pick up that seat if I am not going for whatever reason. It's bonkers.

My seat has a great view one row back from the front of the middle tier. An aisle seat close to the stairs to boot. I don't get that fans would rather sit in the gods than have the chance to pick up that seat if I am not going for whatever reason. It's bonkers.
My seat has a great view too, 3 rows in front of Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor . I was always in 34/35 at WHL, around rows 16-20. I consider my new seat more desirable than a Tier5 but that may suit you if you want that. But I feel given if buyers had the choice of my seat or Tier5 for the same price plus 7.50, they would snap it up.
They would be genuine fans, its a single seat so not going to go to a couple or group of tourists, its going to go to someone that wants that atmosphere. The old ticket exchange system worked just fine, but it also worked on the selling out rule, a little bit easier back then though. They should set the trigger point at the capacity of NWHL.

Last edited:
Hopefully the scarf is long enough to actually wrap around your neck more than once, unlike the last one. :levywtf:
I lost my 2016/17 pack about a week after it arriving, its still in the house but currently AWOL
The badge thing looks promising. Unsure about this grass keyring, probably going to end up in the box, then lost forever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom