Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding tickets, you probably will be able to get general sale given the size of Wembley. Whether or not you will be able to get in your preferred areas is probably down to whatever is put on general sale and where. As for sitting together, I am sure there is a maximum ticket number you can buy, but I don't know what the policy is going to be at Wembley. Taking out a membership will give your a greater chance of sitting where you want and if it is the same as at the Lane then you will be able to buy two tickets. Might be worth one of you getting the membership and splitting the cost between you, which would be about £30 per person. You'll almost certainly get your tickets then.
Thanks mate

I had a little panic last night. I was at an outdoor cinema and it started to get a little chilly and I suddenly thought "Do Wembley serve Bovril?!"

I'm going to be mortified if I can't get a hot beef injection at half time for an entire season.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the blocks for away supporters?
118 - 112
Season-Ticket-Wembley-Map.jpg

I had a little panic last night. I was at an outdoor cinema and it started to get a little chilly and I suddenly thought "Do Wembley serve Bovril?!"

I'm going to be mortified if I can't get a hot beef injection at half time for an entire season.

Unless they've changed in the past year them no. Went to the England Holland friendly last summer (took my mates ticket for free so he got the cap) and they didn't have Bovril.
I was fuming, soaked through and sat 5 rows in front of that shitty brass band with no bovril.

Unless they've changed in the past year them no. Went to the England Holland friendly last summer (took my mates ticket for free so he got the cap) and they didn't have Bovril.
I was fuming, soaked through and sat 5 rows in front of that shitty brass band with no bovril.
:vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry:

Like I said on the other ST thread, ticket exchange hasn't gone down too well with many.
Still waiting for THsT offical statement from yesterday.
They ain't too happy either.
Many feel we are getting fleeced.

So if A ST holder cannot make a match they will be able to list it for sale once one Hotspur members can apply.
The ST seat will not be able to be purchased until the match is declared sold out?
What 90k, 60k?
Fans will pay FV plus £7.50 booking charge.

What's wrong with just FV to fans. £7.50, really.

So A PL lower from last year will be the cheapest ticket but situated in the gods at £44 including booking fee

£795 ST sear exchange £49
£925 is £56
A £1050 is £62
£1700 is £96

(That's my calculation by dividing the ST into 19 and adding booking fee)

Last edited:
So if A ST holder cannot make a match they will be able to list it for sale once one Hotspur members can apply.
The ST seat will not be able to be purchased until the match is declared sold out?
What 90k, 60k?
Fans will pay FV plus £7.50 booking charge.

What's wrong with just FV to fans. £7.50, really.
so you have to buy an available ticket until they sell out. then you can buy a ticket in an area where season ticket holders are if they put in for exchange.

dont think there will be many seats sold on the exchange this coming season tbh

so you have to buy an available ticket until they sell out. then you can buy a ticket in an area where season ticket holders are if they put in for exchange.

dont think there will be many seats sold on the exchange this coming season tbh
On the plus side it may mean people attend more games I guess altho I imagine ppl will just sell through twitter etc as has happened previously

Like I said on the other ST thread, ticket exchange hasn't gone down too well with many.
Still waiting for THsT offical statement from yesterday.
They ain't too happy either.
Many feel we are getting fleeced.

I was reading the thread last night. The thing is you only get to hear the voices of those that think they are getting fleeced, those that think it's OK (I'm one of those) keep shtum. The thread last night had loads of people wanting StubHub back!! Basically as I see it those that are winging are those furious that they can't sell on, well what the fuck are they buying an ST for then? If these people are the fans that have relied on having more than one ST, one for themselves and one to sell on and earn a profit from that resale, them fuck them, fuck them in the arse! I'm pissing myself at the thought of them losing a grand or two this season, fucking beautiful and I shed only tears of laughter.

Obviously that is one end of the spectrum and maybe there is some middle ground here and there are reasons why people think they are being fleeced, I don't see it myself. If you buy an ST it means you are committing to going to the games. On the odd occurrence you can't make a game (and can't re-sell because game is not sold out) give/sell it to a mate, what the fuck is the big deal? What am I missing?

I was reading the thread last night. The thing is you only get to hear the voices of those that think they are getting fleeced, those that think it's OK (I'm one of those) keep shtum. The thread last night had loads of people wanting StubHub back!! Basically as I see it those that are winging are those furious that they can't sell on, well what the fuck are they buying an ST for then? If these people are the fans that have relied on having more than one ST, one for themselves and one to sell on and earn a profit from that resale, them fuck them, fuck them in the arse! I'm pissing myself at the thought of them losing a grand or two this season, fucking beautiful and I shed only tears of laughter.

Obviously that is one end of the spectrum and maybe there is some middle ground here and there are reasons why people think they are being fleeced, I don't see it myself. If you buy an ST it means you are committing to going to the games. On the odd occurrence you can't make a game (and can't re-sell because game is not sold out) give/sell it to a mate, what the fuck is the big deal? What am I missing?
I think it's more to do with the booking fee.
If a Cat A in the gods v Chelsea is £45 (ST exchange the same price same seats) why would you want to buy the gods ticket if you could buy one for the the park lane of Wembley for £49 (inc booking fee) from ST exchange if you could.
If tickets have to be declared sold out before exchange as I understand it.
Or am I misunderstanding this?

Last edited:
I have a ST and have done for 18 years. I go to all home games bar usually 1 or 2 and that will continue this season. I know I can't go to Palace at home in November as on holiday and the chances are I will sell to a friend at FV. I'm still massively pissed off about this ticket exchange system though. The club have ballsed up this whole migration to Wembley from the start. Its scandalous to think genuine fans like me that make a concerted effort to attend all matches will get punished as they will not be able to get their money back for the odd game as the stadium will not be full.

When people say they cant make some of the games what they really mean is some of the Bs & Cs.

Assuming the average ST cost was around £850 (?) what the club should have done is sell a part ST for the 6 As at an average of £655 (£109 x 6) & another part ST at an avg £195 (£15 x13) for a total of £850.

People who only want to go glory hunting are sorted & proper fans can see 13 games for £15 a pop. Or buy both at the same price as a whole season.

e155ccb72f2ed7524f14c77095f344a7c9d419409867e144fe15a0f844ecec83.jpg

My Dads now a Senior 65+ (and gets a half price season ticket).

Take it no 'legal' / 'official' way of me ever taking another adult along in his place?

Would 'happily' pay the excess but sense it is not possible to do - so therefore no option but to let a mate come with me for half price (and the risk of a jobsworth steward at the gate kicking up a fuss)?

Incidentally he goes to 90% of matches - just talking the odd one or two.

My Dads now a Senior 65+ (and gets a half price season ticket).

Take it no 'legal' / 'official' way of me ever taking another adult along in his place?

Would 'happily' pay the excess but sense it is not possible to do - so therefore no option but to let a mate come with me for half price (and the risk of a jobsworth steward at the gate kicking up a fuss)?

I would imagine you would be ok. The cards are scanned at the turnstile automatically. I doubt very much they will personally check every concession card.

THST Comment

Since the Club ended its commercial partnership with StubHub at the start of June and announced that the resale platform was to be taken back in house, we've lobbied consistently for a face-value exchange tailored for the unique circumstances of Wembley next season. We said this should be done while retaining the flexibility to adapt in the future into a service that is appropriate for and of real benefit to fans of Tottenham Hotspur.

Such is the impact of TV that over half of Spurs' fixtures are rescheduled for broadcast across any given season. That's before games are displaced due to European commitments. This means Season Ticket holders are essentially buying 19 games 'blind'. There will be occasions when real life gets in the way of football and matches will be missed. The resale platform should enable fans who can’t make a match give others the opportunity to attend in their place while recouping their money. It's a simple premise.

Yesterday, the Club belatedly announced the mechanics of the new ticket exchange after six weeks of persistent lobbying from THST. We felt that these details should have been available from the start of the Season Ticket sales process to enable fans to make an informed purchase. Instead, the Club provided only a sketchy outline and, it now transpires, has not taken any of our recommendations on board.

Confirmation that the ticket exchange will open only when the entire stadium has sold out effectively means there is no exchange. Wembley rarely, if ever, officially sells out. And certainly not at the prices THFC is charging.

We had lobbied for the exchange to open by area. Spurs made the decision to sell almost all of Level 1 (lower tier) exclusively to Season Ticket holders in an attempt to preserve atmosphere. This means members will be left with mainly Level 5 (top tier) seats.

By opening the exchange once Level 1 had sold out, Season Ticket holders would have been offered a functional resale platform. And members would have had the option to purchase a seat in the lower bowl. The Club has chosen not to do this.

Given the price differential from Level 1 to Level 5, the extortionate £7.50 transactional charge levied on each seat purchased via the exchange, and given that a lower bowl seat is a vastly different experience to an upper tier seat, concerns around cannibalising primary sales were, in our opinion, marginal. The Club disagreed.

We believe the ticket exchange announcement is the latest in a series of mistakes made by the Club this summer; mistakes that will have a negative impact on supporters and the Club itself. Every action has a consequence, and the Club has seemingly stumbled from one bad decision to another, increasingly boxing itself in.

Let's recap on some of those key decisions. The Club refused to allow a Season Ticket amnesty, or sabbatical, for both renewals and new Season Ticket purchases, forcing fans to commit for Wembley or lose their chance of a guaranteed seat in the new stadium.

Season Tickets were then priced at a level above what we, and a significant proportion of supporters, were expecting. They were also priced in isolation from match day pricing, meaning when the Club came to set those individual match prices, it was limited by the parameters it had already set for itself. Match day pricing was, as a consequence, not one designed to fill a 90,000 seater stadium. Certainly not the 'bums on seats' policy deployed with such success for the European campaign last season.

One positive decision was ending the partnership with StubHub. This presented the Club with an opportunity to tailor-make a platform that reflected the exceptional circumstances of next season and maintained an important service for fans. The Club has not grasped this opportunity.

The Club has, however, left itself a get out. It says it reserves the right to vary the criteria that triggers the exchange opening. It is going to have to do that if fans are to be given anything approaching a fair system, and if the embarrassment of empty seats is to be avoided. It can wait for evidence of its mistake to emerge, damaging the Club's reputation, or it can respond to the widespread opposition already voiced by fans. Announcing clearly that the ticket exchange will open as sections sell out would show that the Club does listen to its fans, and would offer practical benefits to the Club and its supporters. We urge fans to make their feelings known directly to the Club.

We remain as willing as we've always been to work constructively together with the Club.

Back
Top Bottom