Wearing red to Spurs games/wearing anything red in general as Spurs fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if we were playing Wolves I wouldn't wear an orange top to the match.
Had a bit of heated discussion at work a few months back when they tried ordering a red bin for the break out area. Kicked up a fuss and we now have a black bin, no red in there whatsoever.

I guess it's just been ingrained into me since I was a kid that red is bad...cheers Dad!

I saw a bloke at whl in a red and white bobble hat, one of those long skinny affairs. The cock looked like one of the seven dwarves and as he walked along the bottom of the shelf there was a massive line of hands from the upper bit grabbing at him til they eventually ripped it off his ridiculous head. My son used to get given packs of underpants by his nan and i used to throw the red ones away, same with T shirts.

Sounds a right Wally

Yes that just really happened , you can have that one for free

I would certainly never wear red to a game, but that's about the extent of my commitment. My two-year-old loves the film Cars, and has loads of red shirts/trousers/pyjamas because that's the colour of the main car and he loves it. I think if I caught myself stopping him wearing something he loves as much as I love Spurs at this point in his life, I'd probably have to have a word with myself.

I am 61 years old, and my favourite colour is pink, shortly followed by red. Wearing the colour you like is about being an adult.
tenor.gif

Our last year at the Lane I followed a fella walking through the Shcool carpark between The Bill Nic pub and the stadium, he was wearing a red coat, I shouted out "never red", he spun around ready for a row. Got to say my sphincter clenched a tad but before I had to deal with what was no doubt going to be a conflict, a load of lads piped up from behind me and chanted never red. The geezer just slopped off. Hopefully, he will never wear that to a game again.

I'm not into merch but always, always wear the colours of my team.

I absolutely hate seeing any Spurs fan wearing red, just NO! Other colours I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Last edited:
I saw a bloke at whl in a red and white bobble hat, one of those long skinny affairs. The cock looked like one of the seven dwarves and as he walked along the bottom of the shelf there was a massive line of hands from the upper bit grabbing at him til they eventually ripped it off his ridiculous head. My son used to get given packs of underpants by his nan and i used to throw the red ones away, same with T shirts.
Years back i was in Dons cafe in the High road pre match, having a hang over cure.
This fella was in there selling polo shirts and t shirts .The polo shirts were a euro tournament(2000?) we(England) bombed out of and the t shirts were red with a Spurs badge on....Not even Alan Sugar would have been able to punt that lot out

Last edited:
I have no red clothing, but that's basically because I don't like the colour. Certainly wouldn't wear it to a match myself, but it wouldn't bother me if another Spurs fan does to be honest, perhaps a bit awkward.

I have red as a colour within ties and cufflinks, that’s about it. Had a red ducati (blatant) once which was sex.

But yes at Spurs games / events no just stop it, unless you’re naked and have been bathing in the blood of a thousand goons then it’s ok.

Had 'words' with someone sitting next to me at Everton the other week, as he was wearing a red & white woolly hat. Had to be separated by my mate who sat between us in the end. The bloke said he was Welsh and that's why he wore the hat.
:pochfacepalm:
Better dead than red.

Curious to know where you guys stand on this. I have seen people coming to games in red coats, hats, trainers and even trousers. For me, I think it’s not on.

I am 61 years old, and my favourite colour is pink, shortly followed by red. Wearing the colour you like is about being an adult.

Having said it so often myself, my youngest daughter now repeats the mantra "better dead than red" whenever the colour is mentioned.
She also insisted to her form teacher that she be moved when she discovered that he had sat her next to a boy who had been poisoned by his goon father into supporting them.
I had a red T shirt once that I was given at a skydiving boogie, I use it to wash my motorbike. And finally, I had a red car in Bermuda, I had it resprayed white.

Unfortunately, the Maltese flag is half red and half white, think I'll start a petition to change it to navy and white :)

I feel your pain Mrs P, I'm not comfortable with the Spanish one. The addition of yellow adds a level of Scouseness to the whole sorry business.

spainwithseal.jpg

The old flag of the 2nd Republic, before Franco, is slightly better but it still sucks...

209px-Flag_of_the_Second_Spanish_Republic_%28plain%29.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom