We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its exactly like the first one. In a micro sense the THST is a political organization created to lobby for change in policy at the club level. It's ridiculous to charge people who neither believe in the mission of the THST nor the operations of the THST with the responsibility of joining the THST to change its mission.

Its akin to saying that because I don't like the GOP, its policies and values, that I should join the GOP and seek office to try and change it. Rather than simply not voting for or supporting the cunts.

The reality is the THST are a bunch of serial moaners, who represent a very small segment of the supporters, and make grandiose "demands" of the club as if anyone gives a fuck about them. They're fucking delusional. Look at their website, they claim credit for getting Spurs Wembley whilst NWHL is under construction. Self important louts, they don't need joining they need leaving - the better for them to wither and die.
One of your stronger lines there, Wullie

Didn’t they also want to know why we didn’t sell Alderwiereld, Dembele, Rose, Sissoko,Llorente, Nkoudo or Janssen this summer window?
Or did this have nothing to do with not singing a LB, CB, Striker or CM?
If we operate as usual, and like most Football clubs. There’s has to be sales.

Again, I'm a member of the trust, but I have to say that the views of the trust on the history of MK Dons is really neither here nor there. I don't recall any words of protest when we signed Dele from them. Strange.

They’re losing it. There was no need to mention the board members boycotting the game. That’s a private decision and they shouldn’t use their association with the club to make those views public.

Fans of loads of clubs have boycotted games at MK Dons, ever since their inception. A football club trust feeling this way is not unusual, and I think it’s pretty shit to criticise them for this stance.

To be so critical of Woolwich for moving from of one side of London to another but not understand taking this stance with a club that was stolen from its natural home and moved to a completely different town is massive hypocrisy

MK Dons aren’t our bitter local rivals. It’s just grandstanding.
It’s not about rivalry, it’s about the bigger picture and not supporting this kind of thing happening to any football club. It’s not right and should never have happened.

We’re helping to legitimise them. I can understand why many fans of many clubs don’t like the idea of doing that, and can appreciate why many still boycott MK.

It’s not about rivalry, it’s about the bigger picture and not supporting this kind of thing happening to any football club. It’s not right and should never have happened.

We’re helping to legitimise them. I can understand why many fans of many clubs don’t like the idea of doing that, and can appreciate why many still boycott MK.

I agree with your feelings on the subject completely. My issue is with the trust using their official platforms to express their personal views.

Last edited:
I am regretting joining the trust a little while ago. This is not what I thought they were about, they should not be making statements like this, or their previous one, this does not represent me or how I feel at all.

Who’s supporting ‘this kind of thing happening’? Playing one game at a shitty club is hardly a hearts and flowers endorsement of their moody history. If we don’t want to legitimise them then we shouldn’t be buying their players as benjomess benjomess mentioned.

Who’s supporting ‘this kind of thing happening’? Playing one game at a shitty club is hardly a hearts and flowers endorsement of their moody history. If we don’t want to legitimise them then we shouldn’t be buying their players as benjomess benjomess mentioned.

To this point, the £5m we paid for Dele is a shit load more than whatever income they'll get from us for a league cup game. Where was the trust's "consistency" then?

Back
Top Bottom