We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta say the whole "if you don't like it then join" idea is one of most absurd things I've ever seen. Imagine applying that logic to anything else in life...

"If you don't like the BNP, the join and try to make them less racist"

"If you don't like the way McD's taste, then get a job there and make it taste better."

"If you don't like Putin, then become a Russian citizen and vote him out"

"If you don't like Ahab's opinions, then engage him in conversation and change his mind."

None of these things are good ideas.
I guess it depends on your ability to stand up a credible alternative to whatever organization it is that you wish to force change. If you can't stand up a credible alternative, then all you really can do is try and change the organization from the inside.

I don't know what the trust does but I am unlikely to hate on them due to their members clearly being Spurs through and through. Anyone who doubts that should read the book We Are Tottenham.

Regarding Stadium MK, I think it is a logical decision from the club and it is only a League Cup tie. I don't think that us using that stadium endorses MK Dons over AFC Wimbledon although that is partly due to it being a few years after those issues.

All of that said, I'd hesitate to get annoyed at the trust for taking a stance in the direction of fairer ticket prices, fan owned clubs, and so on, even if the statement does read bad publicly and alienates some fans.

Just because they are less skilled in public relations does not mean they are a force of evil, or a voice that is unnecessary. If they have been found guilty of poor communication, I'd say them and the club are on level terms.

The club comes out better looking here but any time they don't there are not calls for the club to disband. So that is unfair expectation.
I admire all of your sentiment but I think you’re being generous. They are the THST. They’re supposed to represent the balanced views of fans. But they don’t. Their statements on Twitter are “I - I - I” not “the views of Tottenham fans are...”. It’s personal agendas all the time. It’s not difficult to give the balanced view of supporters. They’re just shit at it. They love their privileged position and they’re abusing it for agendas against the club when we need to pull together and the support the clear progress of our club. It creates divisions and gives fuel to the anti Spurs media. Fuck then.

I admire all of your sentiment but I think you’re being generous. They are the THST. They’re supposed to represent the balanced views of fans. But they don’t. Their statements on Twitter are “I - I - I” not “the views of Tottenham fans are...”. It’s personal agendas all the time. It’s not difficult to give the balanced view of supporters. They’re just shit at it. They love their privileged position and they’re abusing it for agendas against the club when we need to pull together and the support the clear progress of our club. It creates divisions and gives fuel to the anti Spurs media. Fuck then.

They are shit at it but so are the club and so I don't really see a solution if they disband. I have a feeling they both exist for a reason. If that voice isn't heard then I wonder where it comes from when something serious happens. Who campaigns against Stratford, for example. Some things are more important than a poor media projection. It's good to call them out on it all the same.

Here's what doesn't make any sense to me. If you publicly say you're going to boycott, you're doing it so that others will follow suit. Otherwise you wouldn't say it in public. We all know that MK Dons aren't just gonna let us borrow their stadium for a night. THFC will be paying for this. In fact, they'll wind up probably overpaying for a few hundred thousand because they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. You've got a group whose chief complaint is the rising cost of ticket prices, but then when the club actually really need the fans to show up to offset the cost of renting out a stadium you're going to boycott. How do you think the club will make that money back? Raising prices somewhere else down the line.

There's some weird cunts that frequent this website.

Mostly self entitled, little fucking Englander's who have never experienced the pain and humiliation of relegation, going to Liverpool and getting mothered 7-0 or indeed hiring that bald headed cunt Gross, who if it wasn't for Klinsmann that season we would have been mucking about with the likes of Rochdale the following campaign.

I give not two fucks about the THST who are as effective as a fucking ashtray on a motorcycle, full of self importance and have as much influence as a fart in a jam jar.

So can we lock this thread and return to reveling in Jose's and the red half of Manchester's misery please.

:dierno:

I responded to that last tweet and am now locked into an argument over how they view their position. It is arrogant and they are doing themselves damage imo with the stance they are taking on this. I'm out, and I won't be renewing my Trust membership.

Wasn’t planning on going to this game but I will now. I know someone who works for MK, given their reasoning I should probably never talk to him again.

Stupid to boycott this match and does it matter if they aren’t going. We have enough issues this season.

Fucking idiots. I wonder if their morals prevent them going to watch City games?

Was not happy at the idea of giving a Premiership club opportunity to play at home and thus increase our chances of elimination. Not a good option but better than playing at Watford. With so many high profile games and the likelyhood of our best players being rested the attendance would be low where ever it was played.

Load of old bollocks really. Most Spurs fans boycott the first round of the League Cup anyway.

23k for Barnsley at Wembley last season of which a whopping total of 20k were Spurs. Tickets were £20-25?

90% of the fans giving THST grief on Twitter for not encouraging fans to 'support the club' won't be at the game anyway. The usual 'don't do as i do, do as i say' brigade who like to be the most outraged on social media.

Here's what doesn't make any sense to me. If you publicly say you're going to boycott, you're doing it so that others will follow suit. Otherwise you wouldn't say it in public. We all know that MK Dons aren't just gonna let us borrow their stadium for a night. THFC will be paying for this. In fact, they'll wind up probably overpaying for a few hundred thousand because they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. You've got a group whose chief complaint is the rising cost of ticket prices, but then when the club actually really need the fans to show up to offset the cost of renting out a stadium you're going to boycott. How do you think the club will make that money back? Raising prices somewhere else down the line.
Why Did You Make Me Hit You? - TV Tropes

I am a bit taken back by some comments and the poll result,as somebody that did do the survey I thought it would be 90% in favour of switching the home game so the vext issue of a neutral ground did not come into play.
As a supporter that's seen us in the early rounds of the league cup in Gillingham Halifax Grimsby Chester Carlisle and many more I can't believe fans voted for a neutral ground.
The times are a changing with our support.
There is also a lot of hypocrisy within the fanbase too, as fans just don't bother to turn out for this competition and never have. At WHL the early round the stadium was half full, against West Ham last year how many were there? 15-20k???

Regarding the Trust what is utterly astonishing is they, THST, have temerity to do this based off of "personal choice"!!! WTF! ANYTHING they do shouldn't be about personal choice, it shouldn't be about indulging the agenda of one or two people. These people have been elected to represent a group of fans and therefore the wishes of those fans. It also further highlights the letter to Spurs following the summer transfer window, totally driven by a "personal agenda".

I don't like anything about MK Dons but feel it is my choice not to go to the game if I choose to. I don't see the relevance of this stance by the Trust. Also, as has already been pointed out, where does it stop, boycott every game that Dele is selected in the match day squad?

As a member of the THST I will send them an email letting them know how I feel and urge any member of the trust that shares this option to do the same.

Odd times.

lol a child started this thread.

There are many reasons why a team does well or doesn't do well. If the season had started badly, would the opposite have been said? You have absolutely no clue what is going on and presumably THST would have a slightly more informed view.

So, you sitting at home and ranting on a forum is peak manchild and for all intents and purposes, shouting in the wind. If you cared enough, you would reach out to THST, but you're lazy- and lazy people change nothing.

This x 1,000,000

I live in SW London now and am quite into the non league scene. AFC are cunts of the highest order. Hypocritical twats. Did a deal with Chelsea that made Kingstonian homeless. Another non league club in our area destroyed.

Now the club that gave AFC a home have been kicked out and are playing at Corinthian Casuals. AFC are heading to a new stadium in Plough Lane and are moving up the leagues. They’ve done well out of the MK situation with the old PL club (which was rapidly going bust) longer term, partly due to the exaggerated romanticism of their plight.

The Trust are a shambles. 1882 could have been a real, positive alternative but that sadly died a few years ago too. All I see from THST is negativity about anything we try and do as we progress through this period that we need to get us to the next level.

I’ll be going to MK. Should be an entertaining and unusual evening. Fuck the haters. Fuck the Trust. We’re going places with or without their whinging and whining. COYS.
The 'agree' button wasn't enough to demonstrate how much this post resonates.

There is a very good chance I'll go to watch us at MK, for obvious reasons..much like I did when we had a friendly there a few years ago. Incidentally, I don't remember the calls to boycott that.

lol a child started this thread.

There are many reasons why a team does well or doesn't do well. If the season had started badly, would the opposite have been said? You have absolutely no clue what is going on and presumably THST would have a slightly more informed view.

So, you sitting at home and ranting on a forum is peak manchild and for all intents and purposes, shouting in the wind. If you cared enough, you would reach out to THST, but you're lazy- and lazy people change nothing.
Firstly, I don't think you have read after page 1. But on the actual issue of MK, Not really. They seem impervious to criticism. They are doubling down on Twitter, patronising people while they are at it.

Back
Top Bottom