WE NEED A 60K STADIUM, NOW!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't, just coincidence that I happen to be block 15 (lower I know), and it's only my opinion having sat west upper and PLU (and Paxton and shelf).

And on a pedantic point 'virtually the same' = different in some form. But it's all good as long as we win.

Fair enough. I have sat in 47 (Inter in CL) & 1 (Leeds/Peterborough in the FA Cup) so can speak from experience. As you say, who gives a toss as long as we get a comfortable victory.

The view from 47 in the PLU & 1 in the West Upper is virtually the same - if you were more Spursy you would know that ;)

Not sure why you think i was directing my comments towards you though anyway mate?.

My st is block 48 right next to the west stand, the view is the same asthe west stand and ive sctually got more leg room.

unless they start IDing every fan, I can't see a way around it.

I use to be an Ajax st holder and on my season card it had my photo and to pick up tickets for European away games your had to show your season card and for the big game in holland away from home
You were forced to travel with the club and you could get the ticket without yiur photo id.
Spurs could randomly check fans at the gate.

Are there more and less Spursy parts of the ground too? This gets deeper by the day.

I stand outside with my ear to the cold, cold breezeblocks of the Park Lane end (the Spursiest of all Spursy ends) and pray no one I know sees me because I tell everyone I go to all games, start all songs and, and I used to be the drum during the good old days.

Seems as though the Glazers are cooking the books regarding attendance figures at OT. The police keep their own records of people going through the turnstiles and say that Man U are failing to acknowledge ST holders that don't turn up to games.
One example being the Capital One Cup game against The Toon.

United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance but the new set of figures claim Old Trafford was not even half-full for the Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle in September. The police recorded the number of people who passed through the turnstiles at 33,409. United gave the crowd as 46,358. In the next round, against West Ham, the disparity was even bigger. The police put down the crowd as 51,724, whereas United recorded it as 71,081.

When United played Cluj in the Champions League in December, having qualified for the knockout stages, the crowd was announced as 71,521. In fact, the police say it was 46,894.

The OP said basically the same thing about Spurs with a few days left before the Basel game, the actual attendance was given as 32,186. Judging by the pictures I would say this was about right. Empty seats to capicity ratio would be knowhere near what's happening at OT.
I find it all a bit confusing why clubs do this, the Scum do it aswell, there is no way they have +60.000 at every home game yet insist on reporting that they do.
If Man U can't sell out their home games, and according to the Police, they don't, I think the 56,000 capacity we have planned would be a decent compromise. I'm assuming that ENIC would have the good sense to have 'add on' plans to the New stadium to allow for future expansion if required.

Back
Top Bottom