WE NEED A 60K STADIUM, NOW!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is shameful.

I bet there will be a massive clamour for them if we get to Amsterdam - and then it will be the season ticket holders who get to go as oppose to the people who went to each home game let alone home and away.

Only about half of season ticket holders will get dealt via the club I reckon, so in theory it should be those who have been season tickets for the longest (at least 5 seasons)... and points from away and cup games will be needed.

Alas my mere bronze membership won't get a look in. I think I will make the trip anyway though. A few days in dam with Tottenham in a European final :ap: :chicco: :dude: :nawty: :smesh:

Sorry dan, dont agree with you. Ive been a st holder for 34 years. I struggle to even go to the free cup games at the lane.if we get to amsterdam, I fork out ove 2k every summer for 3 season tickets, not 40 pounds for a membership.Thats the perk in having a season ticket, priority for finals.
Before jol was manager there was no problem getting a season ticket.i bought my nephew a season ticket on the opening day of the season as a gift because his mum use to babysit my kids.The reason was we were a mid table club.
The club was charging and still is charging champions league prices for league cup and eufa cup football.
They treat me as a customer, not a fan.so iii make that choice. If it has been a 25 pound game the lane woukd have been sold out.

That is also the perk of having more dispensable income, surely. Many people can't afford a season ticket, whether that is now or 6 years ago but still fork out as and when they can. If that happens to mean they have been to every home Europa League game but will still miss out for the final it would seem pretty harsh because some people exercise their right to forfeit the less glamorous matches.

I do agree that as someone who ships out £2k every summer you might well reserve the right to pick and choose but it doesn't make it any less harsh on those who don't have the chance to become season ticket holders but still put in the mileage.

Some years, we havent gone on holiday to get our ST.
It caused a lot of shit with my missus.
Id agree with you about disposable income, most of the st holders, I know are in their 40s.
Im pissed off with the club , so I choose my games.
My son turned16 last year his season ticket went up 500 pounds and hes still at school.Thats not right.so I try and make that money back over a season by picking and choosing my cup games.

It is shameful.

I bet there will be a massive clamour for them if we get to Amsterdam - and then it will be the season ticket holders who get to go as oppose to the people who went to each home game let alone home and away.

Well said. There's a very easy way to sell tickets. Give UEFA Cup loyalty points for those who go to the games. Give them priority over everyone else for semi-final and final tickets. If that's going too far, then allow the Thomas Cook/corporate mega money deals as normal, as Spurs want that type of cash.

Some years, we havent gone on holiday to get our ST.
It caused a lot of shit with my missus.
Id agree with you about disposable income, most of the st holders, I know are in their 40s.
Im pissed off with the club , so I choose my games.
My son turned16 last year his season ticket went up 500 pounds and hes still at school.Thats not right.so I try and make that money back over a season by picking and choosing my cup games.

I get shit of my missus for going as often as I do and that isn't nearly as often as it was. If I had a season ticket I would probably struggle to make every game but I still think going to a final when you've not been to the lead up is, whilst a ST holders perk, harsh on those who have done the leg work all the way to Amsterdam.

All that said, I reckon will probably be shoved over a barrel and rodgered out of the cup now because I've got my George range undercrackers in a twist.

It is shameful.

Fearing this as well. Been to every home game and one away so far, fuck all chance of getting a ticket from the club should we reach Dam.

The Amsterdam Arena has a capacity of c.55k. That'll mean 20k at least for each set of supporters. I think we have 22k season ticket holders, so I'm betting not every single will apply for a ticket. Therefore, you'd think it'll go to members, at least a few thousand will.

Should have been there when we were sh!t then.

Being only 22, I have been going for nearly 16 years (regularly for about 6 years since I could afford it myself and not off the back of my old man), I seem to remember we were pretty shit for most of this period. Looked at getting a ST when they brought in this new membership system but no luck.

The Amsterdam Arena has a capacity of c.55k. That'll mean 20k at least for each set of supporters. I think we have 22k season ticket holders, so I'm betting not every single will apply for a ticket. Therefore, you'd think it'll go to members, at least a few thousand will.

Wrong. Each club is being allocated 10,000 each and 20,000 tickets were up for ballot in a 'general' area by UEFA, the bunch of absolute cunts.

Being only 22, I have been going for nearly 16 years (regularly for about 6 years since I could afford it myself and not off the back of my old man), I seem to remember we were pretty shit for most of this period. Looked at getting a ST when they brought in this new membership system but no luck.
You're only 22? Wow, tough paper round, or I had clearly been drinking prior to the maribor game.

Where to start with that. We wont get 20K. Yeah I cant imagine people will want to make the 40 minute flight to see us in a European final???!!

It wont go to members.

22? F@cking hell. I have no sympathy, you havent done your time yet, so you will have to wait you time for the rewards.

PS: You are massively punching above you weight with your missus too
PPS: You look a bit downs, are you?

Back
Top Bottom