WE NEED A 60K STADIUM, NOW!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given that Western Union are corporate sponsors I would imagine that 30,000 tickets will be available in parts of Africa, where for a small fee, Mr Tablisi Smith can make arrangements for you to have a box seat.

All it will require is your bank details, your mothers maiden name, home address, town of birth, name of first pet and any memorable dates from your life so far.

22? F@cking hell. I have no sympathy, you havent done your time yet, so you will have to wait you time for the rewards.

PS: You are massively punching above you weight with your missus too
PPS: You look a bit downs, are you?

I'm sure the rewards will come. Probably lucky that I've started going more often last few years when we've actually had a half decent side, but I do remember days getting beaten by 3/4 by teams like Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday don't worry about that.

PS. Cheers, I agree. :thumbup:

PPS. No, not that I have discovered yet anyway.

I'm sure the rewards will come. Probably lucky that I've started going more often last few years when we've actually had a half decent side, but I do remember days getting beaten by 3/4 by teams like Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday don't worry about that.

PS. Cheers, I agree. :thumbup:

PPS. No, not that I have discovered yet anyway.

tbf, given your location, you probably qualify as 'a stunner'.

You are the one on the left, right?

Being only 22, I have been going for nearly 16 years (regularly for about 6 years since I could afford it myself and not off the back of my old man), I seem to remember we were pretty shit for most of this period. Looked at getting a ST when they brought in this new membership system but no luck.

Mate, dont feel the need to justify your level of support.

Someone could have been to every game for the last 30yrs and still be a moaning nob who does nothing to support the team while at games.

Does'nt make him better than someone who flies in from Norway, or Belgium or Australia a couple times a season, when they can, to enjoy the experience in a positive way, singing and getting behind the team.

But I suppose this is a Brigante thread. How else could the discussion end up...

Sorry dan, dont agree with you. Ive been a st holder for 34 years. I struggle to even go to the free cup games at the lane.if we get to amsterdam, I fork out ove 2k every summer for 3 season tickets, not 40 pounds for a membership.Thats the perk in having a season ticket, priority for finals.
Before jol was manager there was no problem getting a season ticket.i bought my nephew a season ticket on the opening day of the season as a gift because his mum use to babysit my kids.The reason was we were a mid table club.
The club was charging and still is charging champions league prices for league cup and eufa cup football.
They treat me as a customer, not a fan.so iii make that choice. If it has been a 25 pound game the lane woukd have been sold out.

That is also the perk of having more dispensable income, surely. Many people can't afford a season ticket, whether that is now or 6 years ago but still fork out as and when they can. If that happens to mean they have been to every home Europa League game but will still miss out for the final it would seem pretty harsh because some people exercise their right to forfeit the less glamorous matches.

I do agree that as someone who ships out £2k every summer you might well reserve the right to pick and choose but it doesn't make it any less harsh on those who don't have the chance to become season ticket holders but still put in the mileage.

Both good posts, and both show why the argument of who deserves to get a ticket more, is a little pointless. You both deserve one equally, imo.

Both good posts, and both show why the argument of who deserves to get a ticket more, is a little pointless. You both deserve one equally, imo.
go get your guitar and I'll start us off.

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony, da dum dum dum... :adebaehug:

We have 21587 ST holders & 68566 Bronze/Lillywhite members.

There is a simple reason those goal-line blocks in the East & West upper struggle to sell for Europa games - economics. If you want a seat in Block 47 of the PL Upper it costs £41 but three feet to your left in Block 1 West Upper the seat costs £58. Same view, same experience but better toilet facilities for an extra £17 (41.5%). Stupid.

That said, there are plenty of members that complain they cant get tickets for matches when what they really mean is, they cant get tickets for CatA/CL matches.

Personally, i am doing both tonight's game & the 1882 match at Barnet & just to hammer home the point of how Spursy i am, i have more loyalty points than 99.5% of other members :ossie:

Where to start with that. We wont get 20K. Yeah I cant imagine people will want to make the 40 minute flight to see us in a European final???!!

It wont go to members.

Fair enough on the allocation, I may have got that wrong. But a lot of people seemed to not get a ticket last season when we went to Wembley and that's not even a 40 minute flight away.

There is a simple reason those goal-line blocks in the East & West upper struggle to sell for Europa games - economics. If you want a seat in Block 47 of the PL Upper it costs £41 but three feet to your left in Block 1 West Upper the seat costs £58. Same view, same experience but better toilet facilities for an extra £17 (41.5%). Stupid.

That said, there are plenty of members that complain they cant get tickets for matches when what they really mean is, they cant get tickets for CatA/CL matches.

Personally, i am doing both tonight's game & the 1882 match at Barnet & just to hammer home the point of how Spursy i am, i have more loyalty points than 99.5% of other members :ossie:

That is damn spursy

tumblr_mermp2ykhw1qapl0wo1_500.gif

You say that, but I will be in block 15 tonight and I find the view very different being 'side on' as opposed to 'end to end', even though it is only a few meters away. Just being behind square to the goal line is great for corners. One of the things about being a 'beggars can't be chosers' is that you at least get to see the lane from different parts and meet different spurs fans, rather than familiarity breeding contempt.

Plus you get a better quality of moaning bastard in the west stand most of the time.

As for being 'spursy'? well I'm not sure I would even want to be, as that would pre-suppose it had any merit.

The view from 47 in the PLU & 1 in the West Upper is virtually the same - if you were more Spursy you would know that ;)

Not sure why you think i was directing my comments towards you though anyway mate?.

The view from 47 in the PLU & 1 in the West Upper is virtually the same - if you were more Spursy you would know that ;)

Not sure why you think i was directing my comments towards you though anyway mate?.

I didn't, just coincidence that I happen to be block 15 (lower I know), and it's only my opinion having sat west upper and PLU (and Paxton and shelf).

And on a pedantic point 'virtually the same' = different in some form. But it's all good as long as we win.

Back
Top Bottom