We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of tough talking, as usual, on this and other fora to paper over the buzz of nerves and uncertainty and excitement. The reality is that nobody can predict with any degree of certainty how the match will pan out.

Two good, pacy, hardworking and technically proficient teams which know each other very well. Liverpool marginally superior in terms of overall quality — the chasm in league points accumulated is more a reflection of Spurs’ comparatively worse luck with injuries, which has highlighted its lack of squad depth relative to the top two as a result of not strengthening in the summer, than it is of the true gap between the teams.

So, assuming Kane is fit and the two teams emerge in Madrid as close to full strength as is possible at this stage of the season then it’s no more than a 55:45 advantage which Liverpool holds. Which is nearly meaningless in the context of a one-off big occasion match on neutral ground. I believe the “dippers” who support “lolpool” will be happier at the end of the match — but I’m obviously biased.

The important thing for me is that the match be played out in a good spirit and that both teams stay true to the footballing philosophy which got them to this stage. I hope nobody freezes on the night. May the best team win!

All well and good mate but your mob have won this five times already so now it's our fucking turn!

COYS

:tobyarm:

We’d won 2 European trophies before Liverpool won their first (knocking us out on away goals in the 1973 UEFA cup semi-final) and yet a quick glance at RAWK would suggest we have no European history at all, and we are undeserving of a place in the final.

I know they like a bit of thievery, but don’t try and rob us of our history - we showed everyone how it was done - remember that.

Last edited:
We were out when Sterling scored in stoppage time and we were out when Llorente headed over from a corner in suppoesdly our last chance against Ajax. Just look at Vertonghen's face as he's running back after that. A look of anguish, knowing he's going to have live with the regret of hitting the bar from 3 yards out. It's simply implausible that we would have got another chance as Onana fiddled around taking the the goal kick, as implausible as progressing as the players picked themselves up and headed to take the kick off against City after Sterling's "goal". It's as implausible as reaching a CL final without a stadium, transfers or our best player. When all these implausible things keep happening there's only one plausible explanation - that Tottenham's name is on the trophy.

We were out when Sterling scored in stoppage time and we were out when Llorente headed over from a corner in suppoesdly our last chance against Ajax. Just look at Vertonghen's face as he's running back after that. A look of anguish, knowing he's going to have live with the regret of hitting the bar from 3 yards out. It's simply implausible that we would have got another chance as Onana fiddled around taking the the goal kick, as implausible as progressing as the players picked themselves up and headed to take the kick off against City after Sterling's "goal". It's as implausible as reaching a CL final without a stadium, transfers or our best player. When all these implausible things keep happening there's only one plausible explanation - that Tottenham's name is on the trophy.

Shut up! Stop it! Cut it out!

I said yesterday - you are always wrong! #jinx

:)

....and in a bizarre scheduling twist that actually benefits us for once... the fact the Final is on June 1st (the latest date ever for a European final, I believe) not ONLY gives us THREE WHOLE WEEKS to soak it in and enjoy the build up...

...but also gives YOU KNOW WHO maximum recovery time!
:kaneshh:
Mate, you've only got to go back 2 seasons to find a final that was later. The 2017 final was 3rd June.

The 2015 final was even later, on the 6th June.

Why don’t you quote the actual posts? The Liverpool fans I know and interact with on three separate forums are respectful of your achievements both historically and in getting to the final having been drawn a really tough group with Barcelona and Inter and then having had to overcome in the knockout stages three outstanding teams in Dortmund, City and Ajax.

That Spurs has “no European history at all” and is “undeserving of a place in the final” is not a widely held opinion amongst Liverpool fans. I don’t believe that it’s even a (significant) minority view.

If these posts exist at all you are misrepresenting the foaming of one or two cretins on RAWK as the mainstream view, and that is dishonest. As for “I know they like a bit of thievery”, I feel sorry for you and hope you get well soon
It was a joke for such a houmorous city you seem to lack a sense of humour

Why don’t you quote the actual posts? The Liverpool fans I know and interact with on three separate forums are respectful of your achievements both historically and in getting to the final having been drawn a really tough group with Barcelona and Inter and then having had to overcome in the knockout stages three outstanding teams in Dortmund, City and Ajax.

That Spurs has “no European history at all” and is “undeserving of a place in the final” is not a widely held opinion amongst Liverpool fans. I don’t believe that it’s even a (significant) minority view.

If these posts exist at all you are misrepresenting the foaming of one or two cretins on RAWK as the mainstream view, and that is dishonest. As for “I know they like a bit of thievery”, I feel sorry for you and hope you get well soon

Mate, you've only got to go back 2 seasons to find a final that was later. The 2017 final was 3rd June.

The 2015 final was even later, on the 6th June.
:pochfacepalm:
Then I Sir... am a Class 'A' twat!

Though I'm happy to be corrected on such a stoopid oversight as the one i've just made...
(please don't tell anyone!!!)

“I know they like a bit of thievery”, I feel sorry for you and hope you get well soon

My word, how sensitive. Your fans have written many books on the subject. Going ‘on the rob’ around Europe with fake student railcards. Are you unaware of this? Do you think it’s an undeserved reputation?

From RAWK:

"Fucking hell, that's a heartbreaker for Ajax. They'd some massive chances too, and if they'd their heads screwed on, they'd have walked the ball into the corner flags. Stupid of them. The thought of the mouth breather Sir Harry in a CL final is vomit inducing stuff, but fair play to the rest of them."

There's probably hundreds of such posts where you're extremely abusive when speaking about Harry Kane, and probably thousands of abusive tweets from the the army Liverpool Twitter warriors.

There's a good reason the rest of the country detests your club and a good reason why Harry Kane is going to fucking destroy you in the final. You think you want to win the the final so badly that you have to and deserve to. We want it as bad as you, but more, we specifically want to smash your club into the ground and the world - outside of Woolwich - is willing us to do so.

Back
Top Bottom