We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And let us and the biased media world be clear.

It is us not Liverpool who have had the harder draw.

In the grouo stages and then two teams that sat top of their respective leagues at the time we played them and one which is likely to win their league.

It would be a monumental achievement if by June 2nd we are champions of Europe and a fantastic one even if we are not.

COYS!!!

How I would start:

4-3-3

RB-Toby-Verts-Rose
Sissoko-Eriksen-Dele
Lucas-Kane-Son

Don't think we can afford to start without Lucas and Winks will be just back from injury. The right back position will be up in the air as we really don't have anyone who can handle Mane in that position.
I do not think they'll allow us to sign a new right-back just before the CL final.

I said at half-time last night that this is the end of an era and we need to move on and rebuild anew. And honestly I still stand by that. But whereas before I thought this era was ending with a whimper and on a sad note, last night the boys refused to let it happen like that. If this is an end, then it's going out in a beautiful blaze of glory and this particular iteration of Tottenham Hotspur will not be forgotten. Do not go gentle into that good night. RAGE, rage against the dying of the light!

Lloris
Trippier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
Sissoko-Dele-Eriksen
Lucas-Kane-Son

Gazzaniga-Sanchez-Davies-Dier-Wanyama-Lamela-Llorente

Back 5 pick themselves. It would crazy to pick Aurier over Trippier without match fitness.

I think the midfield 3 pick themselves too because Wanyama and Dier are horribly out of form and also short of match fitness. We cant afford to start slow and with being a once off final, i would back the likes of Eriksen and Dele sacrificing a little of their offensive game and sit deeper. At least for first half.

Front 3 is to replicate Liverpool's front 3 to have speed on the wings with Son and Lucas starting. This is to also give Alexander-Arnold and Robertson something to think about defensively. Kane is our talisman and must start if fit.

I dont think Winks after groin surgery is going to be fit for the bench. I would also leave out Foyth due to his inexperience, although he could be swapped for Dier.

I think if we play 2 holding midfielders we are asking for trouble. If we setup too defensively with 3 centre backs we are asking for trouble.

Be brave and bold. Attack Liverpool immediately from kickoff.

....and in a bizarre scheduling twist that actually benefits us for once... the fact the Final is on June 1st
EDIT: (the latest date ever for a European final, I believe I got this 'fact' SO wrong!!) not ONLY gives us THREE WHOLE WEEKS to soak it in and enjoy the build up...

...but also gives YOU KNOW WHO maximum recovery time!
:kaneshh:

Last edited:
I've had doubts every round but not this one. Our name is on the cup, I feel it in my water. So many omens. Final at Atletico Madrid's stadium, the opponent of our first European title. 1+9+6+3 = 19. I've also got this theory that, instead of the year ending in 1 being our lucky year, this century our lucky year will increase in increments of 1. 2008, 2019, 2030, 2041, etc. Something like that anyway. I'm an atheist but I've still got this weird belief in some kind of Football God.

Back
Top Bottom