We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Long time since I posted here, just to say thank you to Lee, the City fan who was selling his flight - proper gent and has just bought me a pint, flights have been exchanged and I'm going to Madrid.

I'm sure you're all delighted for me!

Thanks mate, great to grab a couple of beers and chat football. Have a great time in Madrid and I hope you guys go all the way! Cheers

Going to be honest here, and some won't like it. Liverpool are my most hated team. Yes, even more than Woolwich, more than Chelsea, and even more than Brentford (that bit was a joke). I hate their stupid "walk alone song", I hate the fact most of their supporters have southern accents, and I get fed up with talking about Hiilsborough like it was the only crisis on earth. Having been to nearly every stadium in the UK, I can tell you it is amongst the quietest. Whilst beating them in the final would give me the utmost pleasure, losing against them will give me the utmost misery. Think I would have preferred Barca

I’m seriously contemplating driving. It’ll be about 18 hours from London, via Dover, and will do it in two days. If anyone fancies a road trip, hit me up.
Thinking of doing the same, waiting for a few things first but should know what's happening by the end of next week. Will keep you posted.
b0u0kyfqwxg11.gif

Toby:
"We had a difficult group. We went to Dortmund, who were first in the league, and beat them. City, first in the league, we beat them. Ajax, first in the league, beat them. So why not?"
I'll take the Dippers winning the League if it meant that we would do them in the final.

Headache for Poch.

If Winks is fit, he has to play. But then that means one of Son, Lucas or Sissoko miss out.

None of which deserve to.

I think both Kane and Vertonghen will be fit for it and both should start.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Dele - Kane - Lucas/Son
I would assume.

I did, though been a long time. I was a spurs season ticket holder, so didn't get to see lynn as much. Used to go a lot more as a teenager. Big game for them on Saturday

I went for a number of seasons. Many years ago. Started going when Robbo and Fuffy were the centre half pairing and Chuck Martini was in goal.
Yeah big game. Only 375 tickets available to Lynn fans though apparently.

Last edited:
A couple thoughts.

I'd rather beat Barcelona and I'd DEFINITELY rather lose to Barcelona. Gotta just be honest about that.

And we probably want Liverpool to snatch the title on Sunday now, right? Let them have a big party in the midst of their preparations, and also make the narrative of this game something other than Trophyless Klopp versus Trophyless Poch to see which project is Actually Good.

There's a bit of an air of "we've proved ourselves now" to some of the reactions, which I think will really not stand the test of time if we lose, especially to Liverpool, especially if it's Klopp's coronation.
I’m not sure you get English football. You don’t understand the tribalism. Aww... that’s ok. Keep melting Mr Fighting.

Well I’ve panic purchased a flight to Valencia from Brussels and a hire car. Fly very early to V and back Sunday morning. Plan is to drive to Madrid. Might be able to give a lift or two.

So sat 3 metres away from toby on the train back from brussels. His kid made a racket but everyone was in awe. Then just watched the Woolwich game with Alan Sunderland. Surreal fucking week.

Back
Top Bottom