We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A couple thoughts.

I'd rather beat Barcelona and I'd DEFINITELY rather lose to Barcelona. Gotta just be honest about that.

And we probably want Liverpool to snatch the title on Sunday now, right? Let them have a big party in the midst of their preparations, and also make the narrative of this game something other than Trophyless Klopp versus Trophyless Poch to see which project is Actually Good.

There's a bit of an air of "we've proved ourselves now" to some of the reactions, which I think will really not stand the test of time if we lose, especially to Liverpool, especially if it's Klopp's coronation.

A couple thoughts.

I'd rather beat Barcelona and I'd DEFINITELY rather lose to Barcelona. Gotta just be honest about that.

And we probably want Liverpool to snatch the title on Sunday now, right? Let them have a big party in the midst of their preparations, and also make the narrative of this game something other than Trophyless Klopp versus Trophyless Poch to see which project is Actually Good.

There's a bit of an air of "we've proved ourselves now" to some of the reactions, which I think will really not stand the test of time if we lose, especially to Liverpool, especially if it's Klopp's coronation.
I have been thinking about this Liverpool to win the title or not today. Trying to figure out what would be better for us.

My thoughts right or wrong are if Liverpool lose tthe title race then the pressure would really be on them. To go all season and lose one game and then fail to win the title would be heartbreaking for them. Having that thought in their heads in the final could make them worried as they again would make it all the way to the end of the competition and still not win it.

Then there is Klopp's record in finals. That may have an effect?

On the other hand, if they won the title i think they could play a final without fear and full of confidence.

Just my thoughts.

If the Dippers lose out on the title they will be under massive pressure to win the CL. That suits us better than a team full of confidence.

It would fucking break them if they won nothing and lost the final to us. Can't wait.

Scouse fella at work really wanted to avoid Spurs as he thinks our name is on the cup which I agreed with.

I'd rather see them arrogant than desperate.

We saw what desperate looked like on Tuesday and they'd tear anybody to pieces in that form.
Its a good point you make. We can never know for sure i guess which Liverpool we'll face. I do know we can more than match them on our day as i really believe we outperformed them at Anfield two seasons ago and despite the result this season at Anfield we could and should have gotten a win there.

Lets just hope we show our best selves for the final.

COYS!

Hi I usually go to the Champions League Final so I booked flights and hotels way back but .... didn't get tickets this year - let down by source.

I am meant to be taking my 12 year old grandson but really dont fancy a day in Madrid with 60000 Liverpool and Spurs fans.

Would you be interested in:

2 flights out of Gatwick to Madrid on Easyjet on the saturday morning Flight number 8275 Dep 0730
2 flights out of Madrid to EDINBURGH on easyjet on the sunday. Flight number 6994 Dep1040

I also have a room for two booked at hotel in Madrid - halfway between stadium and airport.

I also have a night in the Premier Inn at Gatwick North on the Friday night and a flight down from Inverness that night.

I will be in London this weekend.

Hi I usually go to the Champions League Final so I booked flights and hotels way back but .... didn't get tickets this year - let down by source.

I am meant to be taking my 12 year old grandson but really dont fancy a day in Madrid with 60000 Liverpool and Spurs fans.

2 flights out of Gatwick to Madrid on Easyjet on the saturday morning Flight number 8275 Dep 0730
2 flights out of Madrid to EDINBURGH on easyjet on the sunday. Flight number 6994 Dep1040

I also have a room for two booked at hotel in Madrid - halfway between stadium and airport.

I also have a night in the Premier Inn at Gatwick North on the Friday night and a flight down from Inverness that night.

City Fan hear. I was at the Etihad for our return leg with you and whilst we went out, that was the best game I have seen there in many a season, (it had everything) even had a good craic with some Spurs fans sat directly in front on me.

Congratulations on making it through to the final (not many thought you would with 45 to play) and I genuinely wish you all the very best in beating Liverpool, you have it in your locker to beat them.

Poch wont play the diamond again, liverpool's main pattern of play is there fullbacks. When we switched to 4-2-3-1 we murdered them second half. They will come at us, if we can beat the press by playing into the striker and getting runners off they wont cope. They have been pretty terrible away from Anfield in the CL. We have been to Turin, Dortmund, Madrid, nou camp, Etihad, Amsterdam and either got a result or won the tie. Not long ago we dismantled the reigning CL winners in real. Our results in CL over two seasons have been incredible really.

Hi Guys,

First of all congratulations with the win. It was a fantastic game and showed what football is all about.
I already purchased a flight and a hotel in the centre of madrid for the final but as Ajax now is out I hopefully can make someone of you happy.

I have a hotel (2 person room) in Madrid for May 31 and June 1 (Friday and Saturday - night) and a flight (for 2) from Brussel to Madrid and back (May 31 - June 4). It cost me in total 800 euro. As hotel prices are now completely crazy hopefully I can make someone happy with the hotel (and if you want - also the flight, for the hotel I can for sure still change the names - for the flight have to check but normally should be able to change too). A total of 800 euro would work for me as I do not want to make a profit out of it.
Throw in a hooker & im in
If you are interested - please send me a personal message.

And finally, best of luck in the finals - you guys deserve to win it! Special thumps up to Toby, Jan, Davison and Christian!

If the Dippers lose out on the title they will be under massive pressure to win the CL. That suits us better than a team full of confidence.

It would fucking break them if they won nothing and lost the final to us. Can't wait.

Scouse fella at work really wanted to avoid Spurs as he thinks our name is on the cup which I agreed with.

Agree.

I have the misfortune of working with a really nice, kind Liverpool fan who can’t stand the idiocies of their fan base. He said exactly the same thing - your name is on the cup.

He wanted Ajax.

Mate, the majority of people on here have never been to a game in their life. I would try another site if I were you

Back
Top Bottom