We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As if we didn't know that was gonna happen. We have known it for some time now but people were blinkered and chose to ignore it. I don't blame either one. If your head has been turned by either money/guaranteed trophies what can you?
I was just joking about the announcement. But yeah I think its very likely they leave or else they would have signed. But I still have a small hope with eriksen, if we get lucky with the timing. In the sense that there has to be a better team that want & have a need for him. Still not convinced zidane & Madrid want him.
So it depends who comes in for him? Toby I think will 100% go as 25m is such a great place for a very good defender. There will be plenty of takers.

I was just joking about the announcement. But yeah I think its very likely they leave or else they would have signed. But I still have a small hope with eriksen, if we get lucky with the timing. In the sense that there has to be a better team that want & have a need for him. Still not convinced zidane & Madrid want him.
So it depends who comes in for him? Toby I think will 100% go as 25m is such a great place for a very good defender. There will be plenty of takers.
Cheeky C**T :eriksenlol:

It's good character building. Makes us resolute, grateful, humble, resourceful, patient, gracious in defeat, level headed &realistic. Avoids us being arrogant, cocky, show offs & bad winners.
I appreciate the fact that your trying to dress up the situation and throw a positive spin on it, but nothing wrong with having the arrogance or confidence that comes with a winning mentality it's not a bad thing.
As a club we are way too nice and accomodating and a repeat of Saturday night is something we won't see the like of again poor all round from the team most of whom disappeared on the night very strange.

I appreciate the fact that your trying to dress up the situation and throw a positive spin on it, but nothing wrong with having the arrogance or confidence that comes with a winning mentality it's not a bad thing.
As a club we are way too nice and accomodating and a repeat of Saturday night is something we won't see the like of again poor all round from the team most of whom disappeared on the night very strange.

LOSER MENTALITY!!!!

= Hypocrisy.

You are that which you condemn.

I can see the terrible worst case scenario that no big club wants him this year, he still doesn't sign and then we wave him off for free next year........ What options do we have if the player won't sign and also won't go to a club he doesn't fancy.

In fact I'm beginning to think this is what's going to happen.

Yeah, you are right that we need a bit of arrogance & confidence to become serial winners. That is obviously missing along with some leadership & winning mentality. I was aiming that post more towards us as fans but partly on the club as a whole. I can't stand arrogant cocky fans & teams. But unfortunately, you probably do need a bit of that to take the next step & become winners. I like the idea of our humble selves with a dash of arrogance but more self belief to get us over the line. Maybe that is the type of personality poch will look for this summer.
You are right about us not really showing up & showing our true selves on the night. Such a shame.

I can see the terrible worst case scenario that no big club wants him this year, he still doesn't sign and then we wave him off for free next year........ What options do we have if the player won't sign and also won't go to a club he doesn't fancy.

Which sucks for us because if he's been 'distracted' all year, imagine what his final year will be like.

We're in an era where one really needs to sell or re-sign before entering the second from last year of a player contract. What a farce.

Last edited:
Which sucks for us because if he's been 'distracted' all year, imagine what his final year will be like.

We're in an era where one really needs to sell or re-sign before entrering the second from last year of a player contract. What a farce.
Agreed - but we can't force a player to sign and we can't force a player to move to another club if he doesn't want to.

I can see that he might do a Ramsey.

Wearing Spurs shirt to work today, was going to if we won, thought it was only right to represent anyway!
A few thoughts on the day in N17.
Changed stations/trains at Hackney to get to WHL.
Was walking along the opposite platform when a Cheshunt train was announced... as it was coming in could hear the Toby/Jan chants then Just Can't Get Enough/Vincent J blaring out of a carriage before it arrived.
Sadly didn't get along the platform and down/up the stairs in time... The next one was not a party train :(
Atmosphere on the high road and around the ground fantastic.
Spent too long on Park Lane Square, by the time I went in to the ground just got Market Place roped off and queue for pie /pint ridiculous upstairs. Spent about 20 minutes in it and about half way through gave up.
Ended up going downstairs and walking around the entire stadium concourse including through the away bit (novelty) until I found a not so bad queue around 109 for a pint, no hot food left though.
Somehow got pint back intact to 252.
Loved the singing and dancing all around the place.
The game, well, nuff said, gutted we didn't at least get a goal to celebrate, weird to go home not beer soaked...
Bloke behind me row 9 was a diamond, sorry I wasn't actually a good luck charm, mate.
Only sour note came walking back down to Seven Sisters. Couple of idiots on bicycles rode past shouting something about "so near yet so far hahahaahahahaha" etc. Equally before the City CL game had some kids walk past the stadium chanting for City.
Shame if there is a small pocket of local disloyalty to the club (do they dislike the invasion of "non-locals", I dont get it) when I love the inclusive nature of our support and it's staff.
You can't please all of the people, etc.

LOSER MENTALITY!!!!

= Hypocrisy.

You are that which you condemn.
Ha ha you are a strange sad little man always writing in capitals and angry with the world no one is allowed an opinion outside of yours maybe you was an orphan perhaps explains the venom.
And yet clearly you have some intelligence I will give you that but in nearly every thread you try taking people on you get owned, you have tried it twice with myself and lost twice(perhaps that's why you have such affinity for losing like our team).
Just give it up and engage in reasonable debate instead of trying to remain Mr Cunt all your life when you seldom succeed at digging out others.

Yeah, you are right that we need a bit of arrogance & confidence to become serial winners. That is obviously missing along with some leadership & winning mentality. I was aiming that post more towards us as fans but partly on the club as a whole. I can't stand arrogant cocky fans & teams. But unfortunately, you probably do need a bit of that to take the next step & become winners. I like the idea of our humble selves with a dash of arrogance but more self belief to get us over the line. Maybe that is the type of personality poch will look for this summer.
You are right about us not really showing up & showing our true selves on the night. Such a shame.
Yes mate I agree pity more people on here can't engage in a sensible two discussion without resorting to big letters and bitter and twisted nature fair play to you mate you are a credit to the site.

You have to at least be the favourites to be called bottlers. Liverpool were the favourites so we didn't really bottle anything. If we had lost to a lesser team then maybe its a fair accusation.

When looking back on all of our finals and semi final losses, can anyone really say that apart from the semi final loss vs Portsmouth back when we had the likes of Modric etc that we have ever not been outsiders in any of those games?

We lost to a team that we have lost to twice already this season, one that accumulated the third highest points tally any team has ever achieved in a Premier League season. Liverpools points tally this year actually surpassed that of any Man U team in Ferguson era, every team outside of the current Man City one who obviously pipped them and the one who amassed 100 points. We fought them tooth and nail until the 88th minute, even after going 1-0 down barely seconds into the game.

It's never as bad as it initially feels or looks, our brand globally has grown significantly and we gave a good account of ourselves after what had been a season potentially riddled with turmoil. Behind Peps Man City, Klopps Liverpool are one of the best teams to have graced the Premier League. One loss and the 3rd highest points tally tells you everything you need to know about who the clear favourite was on Saturday so please stop with the poisonous petulance some of you so called Tottenham fans are spouting and be proud of how far the club has come.

We keep belief, keep growing, keep developing this level of experience, all of this has been fifty years in the making it can't change or settle overnight. We've come a long way, we've still got a long way to go.

Yeah I could see that happening too. Think he may have just got really unlucky with his timing. Hopefully no big team comes in for him & he signs an extension! If you are world class there will always be takers. If you are just below that level & very good then timing has a lot to do with it.
I can't see him going to another premiership team. Don't think madrid or barca want him. Which only really leaves PSG, Munich or Juve. Think there was a juve rumour but nothing more. Not even sure if any of those teams need a player like him. If that's the case then I hope he doesn't go through the motions next season downhearted & then goes for free. We lose a very good player & a big transfer fee too.

Agreed - but we can't force a player to sign and we can't force a player to move to another club if he doesn't want to.

I can see that he might do a Ramsey.

No-one will be desperate to sign him on the basis of this year's form, so buyer's patience seems logical if one stands to save upwards of 70m.

To be honest rather than have this hanging over us for another season; so long as it's abroad, I'd rather compromise on the pricetag and get rid in the name of 'moving on'.

When looking back on all of our finals and semi final losses, can anyone really say that apart from the semi final loss vs Portsmouth back when we had the likes of Modric etc that we have ever not been outsiders in any of those games?

We lost to a team that we have lost to twice already this season, one that accumulated the third highest points tally any team has ever achieved in a Premier League season. Liverpools points tally this year actually surpassed that of any Man U team in Ferguson era, every team outside of the current Man City one who obviously pipped them and the one who amassed 100 points. We fought them tooth and nail until the 88th minute, even after going 1-0 down barely seconds into the game.

It's never as bad as it initially feels or looks, our brand globally has grown significantly and we gave a good account of ourselves after what had been a season potentially riddled with turmoil. Behind Peps Man City, Klopps Liverpool are one of the best teams to have graced the Premier League. One loss and the 3rd highest points tally tells you everything you need to know about who the clear favourite was on Saturday so please stop with the poisonous petulance some of you so called Tottenham fans are spouting and be proud of how far the club has come.

We keep belief, keep growing, keep developing this level of experience, all of this has been fifty years in the making it can't change or settle overnight. We've come a long way, we've still got a long way to go.
I can't wait another 50 years mate I will be fucking dead by then plus the modern football world will not wait that long.

Ha ha you are a strange sad little man always writing in capitals and angry with the world no one is allowed an opinion outside of yours maybe you was an orphan perhaps explains the venom.
And yet clearly you have some intelligence I will give you that but in nearly every thread you try taking people on you get owned, you have tried it twice with myself and lost twice(perhaps that's why you have such affinity for losing like our team).
Just give it up and engage in reasonable debate instead of trying to remain Mr Cunt all your life when you seldom succeed at digging out others.

Oh boy... That's me told.

Have you prepared a similar diatribe to provide a backstory to your insipid, perpetual doom mongering, you miserable twat?

If you've given up on the future of this club, c'est la vie; you bring no semblance of support to the table, so you shan't be missed. Just a shame for the rest of us, you insist of publicly rolling around in your own shit.

Back
Top Bottom