We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The_Dark_Lord

Because today is a generally shit day for all of us, and because I'm being a bit of a shit by picking on an easy target I'm going to play nice.

Yes, we have an issue with big game mentality - I think we all know that. Even if we were the underdogs in most of the games you reference, we still should have got something out of those opportunities. However, the team showed tremendous character coming back against Barcelona, City and Ajax and when that penalty got given after 30s on Saturday I think we all feared some kind of collapse... it didn't happen. What happened was a whole host of wasted attacking positions, unlucky bounces, bad choices and... well, the rub of the green was not with us.

You can also look at the end of season league collapse in form just as the media started to whisper *title challengers*. For sure, work needs to be done - but calling out the side as bottlers in this years CL? No fella, not really.

Can you please make your point without accusing someone of being a paedophile, what a disgusting insult to throw at someone. So unnecessary. Thank you.
Good post. it is a disgusting insult. Something spursdem has used as an accusation & insult to me. Shout outs to others who have agreed that it is an awful accusation & insult....
Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain , Joe Clash Joe Clash . ralphcoatesstylist ralphcoatesstylist , Radical Rei Radical Rei , Bazali Bazali , stevee stevee , Seven Sisters Seven Sisters , CheekyPint CheekyPint , Ginolaflair Ginolaflair & the many others who I may have forgotten.

There are many excuses, reasons, thoughts etc. But at the end of the day, when we get to final or challenge, we FAIL.

That's it.

Some teams have a winning mentality and some don't.

This team will never win anything because they are LOSERS. The end.

Wow. I’ve only been on here 5 mins but can already tell that you’re an awfully thick cunt
Well since our last cup win in 2008, you talk me through the results of every semi final and final we have reached.

You will see it is 9 semi final defeats AND

in the 2 cases where we won the semi we LOST the final instead.

But I am willing to be corrected by you....

There are many excuses, reasons, thoughts etc. But at the end of the day, when we get to final or challenge, we FAIL.

That's it.

Some teams have a winning mentality and some don't.

This team will never win anything because they are LOSERS. The end.

And Liverpool hadn't won anything for the last 14 years... We have done amazingly well considering everything and with some good additions and settling in to our new home we can hopefully keep progressing and move to the next level.

It shows that we as a club are consistent at something I think if we was nominated for nearly men of the year, we probably would scoop runner up in that as well.
Bridesmaid but never the bride. It could be a lot worse though, we could have never got an invite to the wedding. We get a small piece of the cake which is better than going hungry. We have a lillywhite dress but never the designer pure white brides dress. We nearly catch the wedding bouquet but its just slips through our grasp in to the hands of a wealthier rival. We get engaged but never married.
Losing to liverpool in the CL final has clearly made me lose my mind. Someone call the men in lillywhite coats to take me away....

I'm still wounded by the loss but this is not the end.

We have champions league football next season to look forward to as opposed to those down the road.

I honestly think this team will grow again into a better outfit. We are a good side but there are plenty of lessons to learn from this.

It's what Spurs do. They let you down when it matters. This is the 11th semi final / final in ROW we have fucked up. But don't worry, the lads are gonna learn from it. They couldn't learn the previous 10 times, but now they are.

Funny, as a non-football player even I have learned that in order to win games you need to score goals. Shame they can't learn that.

Losers in the DNA.
It's good character building. Makes us resolute, grateful, humble, resourceful, patient, gracious in defeat, level headed &realistic. Avoids us being arrogant, cocky, show offs & bad winners.

Because today is a generally shit day for all of us, and because I'm being a bit of a shit by picking on an easy target I'm going to play nice.

Yes, we have an issue with big game mentality - I think we all know that. Even if we were the underdogs in most of the games you reference, we still should have got something out of those opportunities. However, the team showed tremendous character coming back against Barcelona, City and Ajax and when that penalty got given after 30s on Saturday I think we all feared some kind of collapse... it didn't happen. What happened was a whole host of wasted attacking positions, unlucky bounces, bad choices and... well, the rub of the green was not with us.

You can also look at the end of season league collapse in form just as the media started to whisper *title challengers*. For sure, work needs to be done - but calling out the side as bottlers in this years CL? No fella, not really.
We are that kid who's self funding his way through university via shifts at Amazon warehouse and deliveroo, does well in the coursework but suffers mental block in the final exams

I'm still wounded by the loss but this is not the end.

We have champions league football next season to look forward to as opposed to those down the road.

I honestly think this team will grow again into a better outfit. We are a good side but there are plenty of lessons to learn from this.
We have to focus on what we have, rather than what we could have had.
Scratch that, the club have just announced toby & eriksen are leaving.

Ok, since the last cup we WON, we have been to 9 semi finals and 2 finals and LOST them all. Is that really difficult to understand.
Oh, I totally missed when we got a bye to the 2 finals without having to play a semi final.

By the way, at least know your fucking history mate. Since the 2008 win, we've played 2 league cup finals, losing to Man Utd and Chelsea, and obviously there's the Champions League final. 3 Finals.

We have to focus on what we have, rather than what we could have had.
Scratch that, the club have just announced toby & eriksen are leaving.
As if we didn't know that was gonna happen. We have known it for some time now but people were blinkered and chose to ignore it. I don't blame either one. If your head has been turned by either money/guaranteed trophies what can you?

Not reading through most of this thread from during the game onwards as it seems to consist of far too many melters declaring those that got us to a Champions League final not good enough, which is frankly mental.

They weren't good enough on the day, but Liverpool were shit too.

It was a massive missed opportunity and I'm absolutely gutted as I don't see us getting this far for a long time (if ever), but jesus, I've never known things as good as we've had them over the last few years. I've never experienced as much joy as I did in the final minutes of both City and Ajax away games. Lets not forget who brought us those moments.

Lets also not act like a bunch of tedious entitled ballbags either, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom