We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People seem to think the pen decision went to VAR. I don’t believe so because:
1. I didn’t see stadium screen indicating VAR penalty decision which is a must.
2. If VAR was used the ref will do the stupid 2 hand Square TV sign and confirm pen decision but he didn’t.

Yes the the ref did talk to VAR and a couple of exchanges and stopped there, can we get the recording of what said, I bet Var told the ref something like “it’s not a pen but if you support Liverpoo and uefa wants them to win....”

The hand ball could have gone either way for me. But why.........for the love of God...........take the game out of the players hands and make it an officiating decision TWO minutes in on an iffy call?

:pochfacepalm:

People seem to think the pen decision went to VAR. I don’t believe so because:
1. I didn’t see stadium screen indicating VAR penalty decision which is a must.
2. If VAR was used the ref will do the stupid 2 hand Square TV sign and confirm pen decision but he didn’t.

Yes the the ref did talk to VAR and a couple of exchanges and stopped there, can we get the recording of what said, I bet Var told the ref something like “it’s not a pen but if you support Liverpoo and uefa wants them to win....”

Not in so many words, but yep I think this was the message put out before the game. Not even need to bribe them - just let it be known they will only be given lesser games in future if they dont come up wth the goods

Watching them tramps parade the cup today has made it really sink in......what a missed opportunity!!
All the carnage they caused in Europe over the years and they parade around with “Kings of Europe” flags like they are some kind of whiter than white group of people....

A pool fan texts me today saying “when you step up to play with the big boys, this is what happens YNWA.....6Times..........

They were where Woolwich are right now about 4 years ago, while we were chipping away at Leicester and Chelsea, but just like that they win the CL and are sitting where we used to be (winning trophies aside)......Why? They didn’t accept what they were, to a fan they demanded better, and guess what their board listened!!

Maybe we are to soft on ours? Although what we have been given off the field is nothing short of spectacular, and it’s very very hard to be critical of Levy & Co right now, we can’t have the cake and eat it....

What I do hope tho, is that Levy & Co have now got a taste for this kind of occasion, surly any self proclaimed football fan wants it on a regular basis? It’s a drug we crave!!

Let’s hope this is true, and our enthusiastic manager gets some help in achieving the dreams of the fans......I left Blighty for the US last Sunday, went to 3 different states and ran against the clock to hit Madrid just in time, straight back to Blighty for a quick turn around and I’m now back in the US to finish up, it was travel hell, I don’t even know what time it is never mind what day it is, but I’d do it all tomorrow in a heartbeat just for the chance to become “Kings of Europe”
I’m sure Levy would too🤔

Watching them tramps parade the cup today has made it really sink in......what a missed opportunity!!
All the carnage they caused in Europe over the years and they parade around with “Kings of Europe” flags like they are some kind of whiter than white group of people....

A pool fan texts me today saying “when you step up to play with the big boys, this is what happens YNWA.....6Times..........

They were where Woolwich are right now about 4 years ago, while we were chipping away at Leicester and Chelsea, but just like that they win the CL and are sitting where we used to be (winning trophies aside)......Why? They didn’t accept what they were, to a fan they demanded better, and guess what their board listened!!

Maybe we are to soft on ours? Although what we have been given off the field is nothing short of spectacular, and it’s very very hard to be critical of Levy & Co right now, we can’t have the cake and eat it....

What I do hope tho, is that Levy & Co have now got a taste for this kind of occasion, surly any self proclaimed football fan wants it on a regular basis? It’s a drug we crave!!

Let’s hope this is true, and our enthusiastic manager gets some help in achieving the dreams of the fans......I left Blighty for the US last Sunday, went to 3 different states and ran against the clock to hit Madrid just in time, straight back to Blighty for a quick turn around and I’m now back in the US to finish up, it was travel hell, I don’t even know what time it is never mind what day it is, but I’d do it all tomorrow in a heartbeat just for the chance to become “Kings of Europe”
I’m sure Levy would too🤔

Why the feck would you watch that?

Obviously 8,000 miles away means we can avoid a lot of the hype, but quiet honestly Liverpool have had less coverage than you would have expected. Sure the sports press did the obligatory cock sucking pieces but they also did lot of pieces on Spurs values, achievements and fantastic fans ...

Funny thing personally, losing any game puts me in rant mode often for a day or two, having my chosen team for approaching 60 years fail, it's like a personal slap in the face ... however ... the CL defeat although horrendous doesn't feel like that at all (which is massively weird) instead of feeling depressed I have been encouraged by the 90% of people who have come out on here, in the media, down the pub and focused on just what we achieved and how we went about getting there ... even more important is how confident most of us are that this wasn't a Spursy moment just a small bump in the road to us at last taking our rightful place at the top table ....

Of course we need Levy to free up funds, Poch to stay, good squad additions ... but deep down I just know that's going to happen ... last season? well that was just our first taste ... 100% we will be back for more

for me it was a big chance missed, Liverpool were poor, we only need one or two players to play to their highest standards and we could have won the C/L,
we just didn't appear to be up for making history, Eriksen had the chance to show he is a top top player that Barca or R/M must have but he just gave a workman like proformance

For me that was a very dull game. The stupid 3 week gap seemed to kill it. Maybe it was the heat too, but both teams were well off the pace. The handball, I can see arguments either way, but whatever, an absolute gut punch that early on.

To me we didn't look like getting back into it, decent possession but lacking up top. I certainly didn't think Liverpool looked like adding to their lead. It was just all a bit flat. The most gutting thing about it is if we'd have just been able to go up one gear, they were there for the taking. It's a real opportunity missed. Liverpool are a horrible bogey team for us at the moment.

I still can't believe we got there, that in itself was a brilliant achievement. The club has a massive summer ahead and needs to recruit right. Time will tell but I'm still incredibly proud of this squad and to be a Spurs fan right now. COYS.

LMAO...brilliant...you need to get out more.....are you to shy to talk to girls yet lol...my mate thinks your hilarious by the way...just so you know, mates out having a laugh and a drink show each other funny shit on there phones...have you never done that ? Do not answer that..its a loaded question my mate is gonna piss his PANTS.....or boxers LMAO...its amazing how people who say fuck off this forum its mine, and I don't want you playing with my ball I am taking it home lol...but instantly get abusive...i imagine you are always getting into issues in the outside world, especially with other supporters of other clubs...all that aggression. Where I grew up you DO NOT act like that unless you want to do something. But we all know your just a keyboard wanker..like most on here with their pretend I'm the man persona...i was really unhappy after last night but you really have cheered me up..thanks
Oh why are you on here then, going with your reasoning you must be at your mum's playing with the internet too LMAO.....

You’re embarrassing mate

I’m sure Levy would too🤔

That Liverpool fan that texted you sounds like an utter cunt.

It wasn't the ref or the heat or the even the opposition! It was us.

It just shows how we miss an on-field leader to shake us out of our lethargy. It was like a training game in the first half! What we needed was a Roy Keane lookalike to put the fear of God into lacklustre performances from Dele, Kane, Son (no idea why he was MoM!) and Eriksen (he was better after Winks went off).

In terms of team selection -we'll never know what would have happened if Lucas started. In my view the team selection was correct. Winks has had just as little football as Kane but his performance was fine. Subbing Winks was also a bit of a mystery.

None of our 'big players' turned up and I've no idea why! Motivation should not be a problem for a CL final and yet it looked like none of our attackers were up for it.

A disappointing full stop to a very lacklustre season full of Jekyll and Hyde performances (mostly Jekyll!)

Levy needs to hand the manager about £150m for about 5 new signings (early) and then back for pre-season.

We can be proud of our Club.

BTW, it was a penalty.

It is rubbing salt in the wound this morning seeing all the coverage of their parade yesterday on the morning programmes. I'd kind of forgotten about that side of things but then just made me realise about the plans I had loosely made in case it was us in that position.
Feel more fed up today as a result.

At least my scouse neighbour has taken his flags down after I told him I was going to burn them down. I was joking but he took them down anyway.

Last edited:
It is rubbing salt in the wound this morning seeing all the coverage of their parade yesterday on the morning programmes. I'd kind of forgotten about that side of things but then just made me realise about the plans I had loosely made in case it was us in that position.
Feel more fed up today as a result.

At least my scouse neighbour has taken his flags down after I told him I was going to burn them down. I was joking but he took them down anyway.

I hope you weren't joking. It was your duty...
;-)

It's what Spurs do. They let you down when it matters. This is the 11th semi final / final in ROW we have fucked up. But don't worry, the lads are gonna learn from it. They couldn't learn the previous 10 times, but now they are.

Funny, as a non-football player even I have learned that in order to win games you need to score goals. Shame they can't learn that.

Losers in the DNA.

That Liverpool fan that texted you sounds like an utter cunt.
👍🏻.....he’s actually ok, it’s just the world they live in, you know “on the 8th day God made Liverpool FC” that sort of shit they believes in.....

Only one thing can hurt them, their Kryptonite if you like, and that’s the League Title.
We could win the next 5 champions leagues in a row (as long as we didn’t beat them in the final) and it wouldn’t matter one bit to him, they have 6, they beat us in Madrid ......
But the League Title is another thing, if we could win that, well then that would probably all but destroy him, and doing it with 97pts would be even sweeter😂

Back
Top Bottom