We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

I've spent 3 days, 3 nights (about to go into my 4th night) of watching clips of goals, celebrations, re-runs and highlights.

AIN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING BORED OF THEM!!!!!

MORE give me MORE!!!

The more I watch that last goal, the more I realise how much of it WASN’T luck. It was all so deliberate and controlled.

Davies controlled tackle and pass to Son
The well placed long ball to Llorente from Sissoko
Llorente’s glance to the left to see where Dele was before controlling the ball to him with his thigh
Dele’s split second pause, and then the little flick through to Lucas
And then the cleanly struck pass into the bottom corner.

I’ll never tire of watching it.

What I am saying is, people love the club and those kind of reactions come from them because they feel hurt, that's the passion coming out of them.

It might not be nice and it might be misplaced at times but it comes from a place of love for the club because they feel like these players are capable of more.
Know exactly what you mean. I was watching in the pub.

Some of the shit that came out of my mouth when things weren’t going our way was ridiculous. Others too.

But when we scored .... absolute carnage, tears, the lot. All because of my love for Spurs, regardless of what I’d said twenty minutes previous lol

Watching back now, I realise how well we played, but at the time it didn’t seem that way.

I put that all down to passion, personally. Oh, and beer!

Register to remove

I'll save you the trouble with this one as it's not very good (go to 8:25) but I'm posting it so you can see just the number of Spurs fans that were in the home sections. It was like this in Barca (and at the San Siro in 2012). This has got to do with UEFA, hasn't it?

Airfixx

It's all about the badge on the front....
The more I watch that last goal, the more I realise how much of it WASN’T luck. It was all so deliberate and controlled.

Davies controlled tackle and pass to Son
The well placed long ball to Llorente from Sissoko
Llorente’s glance to the left to see where Dele was before controlling the ball to him with his thigh
Dele’s split second pause, and then the little flick through to Lucas
And then the cleanly struck pass into the bottom corner.

I’ll never tire of watching it.
Lucas for the second was fucking awesome too..... In fact 3 sweet goals in different ways.

Things really do feel different since that game. I still can't quite believe it really. The wait to the final is simultaneously going to drag and also fly-by at the same time.

Lucas for the second was fucking awesome too..... In fact 3 sweet goals in different ways.

I still can’t figure out how he got the ball through the defenders legs.

Reminds me of when Samuel L Jackson had his divine intervention moment in Pulp Fiction.

Airfixx

I still can’t figure out how he got the ball through the defenders legs.

Reminds me of when Samuel L Jackson had his divine intervention moment in Pulp Fiction.
Time seemed to stand still around him... Was a little bit Matrix I thought! :)

That video is the gift that keeps giving! I've watched it now at least 15 times and done some fairly brutal editing on it to put a variety of music to it - and still every time the tears appear.
It doesn't matter what music I put to it the results always the same. I swear I could put a George Formby track on and it would be just the same! (for the youngsters, Google 'Leaning on a Lampost' - he was the 50's version of Ed Sheerhan).
Anyway try this for size. It's the second half and post match only (if you really want to watch the Ajax half - its out there somewhere), edited down a bit and with one of the greatest ballads ever sung. If you can't be arsed to watch it all, click in at about 2 minutes.

That's absolutely fab!! Well done!

Exactly. No way in a million years could I see us getting through, especially as I was following the game on the forum, but I didn't feel that sharing my misery and angst with everyone was the way to go. Why make things ten times worse? You all know my motto - if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all :)
Well said Mrs P.
We have all had our ups and downs supporting Spurs, hopefully we can all learn a lesson from Wed night and support our team until the end beacuse you never know what might happen.
End of argument as it not getting us anywhere. We should be enjoying the moment as it might not happen again.

I think people like you who refuse to accept their own failings and intolerance of others have no fucking right to lecture the rest of us.
So because I won't give you a free pass to whine about everything that this site is set up to support, that's me being intolerant is it?
Just how does that work?
I would agree if this was kumb or RAWK, but it isn't. It's the fighting cock, home and shrine to all things Tottenham. But you think you have a god given right to come on here and shit every aspect of the club.
Just who is failing on here? - because I'm pretty fucking sure it isn't me.
Suck it up princess.

What a complete and utter Hampton you are.

So because I won't give you a free pass to whine about everything that this site is set up to support, that's me being intolerant is it?
Just how does that work?
I would agree if this was kumb or RAWK, but it isn't. It's the fighting cock, home and shrine to all things Tottenham. But you think you have a god given right to come on here and shit every aspect of the club.
Just who is failing on here? - because I'm pretty fucking sure it isn't me.
Suck it up princess.

What a complete and utter Hampton you are.

Can you show me where it says in the site rules that it's meant to be a 24/7 evangelical happy clap in here? Or where it says we are not supposed to talk about tactics or stats because you bitch and whine about that too.

And "shit on every aspect of the club" ? is just utter bollocks.

Airfixx

Can you show me where it says in the site rules that it's meant to be a 24/7 evangelical happy clap in here? Or where it says we are not supposed to talk about tactics or stats because you bitch and whine about that too.

And "shit on every aspect of the club" ? is just utter bollocks.
Half the forum had you number the moment you turned up with your pretentious essays and ratings drivel... The fact that fresh after the Ajax win you were more concerned with defending your analysis rather than projecting anything approaching joy says it all, you fraud.....

(Pre-empting another lame 'supa-fan' jibe..... I don't think I'm "the best fan"; just that your support is evidently weak as piss and almost exclusively about your wannabe punditry.)

Like The Hood The Hood you're in a rather exclusive class of individuals that on occasion even get called out by the least confrontational amongst us (You KNOW who I mean, but I'm not intending to drag people into this unwillingly!).... By hiding behind some notion of a beef with me or Mick Cooper Mick Cooper you're only further deluding yourself.

DOUBLE DOWN ALL YOU LIKE, MOTHERFUCKER.

SISSOKO.

END DISCUSSION.

Last edited:

Register to remove

Half the forum had you number the moment you turned up with your pretentious essays and ratings drivel... The fact that fresh after the Ajax win you were more concerned with defending your analysis rather than projecting anything approaching joy says it all, you fraud.....

(Pre-empting another lame 'supa-fan' jibe..... I don't think I'm "the best fan"; just that support is evidently weak as piss and almost exclusively about your wannabe punditry.)

Like @Hood you're in a rather exclusive class of individuals that on occasion even get called out by the least confrontational amongst us (You KNOW who I mean, but I'm not intending to drag people into this unwillingly!).... By hiding behind some notion of a beef with me or Mick Cooper Mick Cooper you're only further deluding yourself.

DOUBLE DOWN ALL YOU LIKE, MOTHERFUCKER.

SISSOKO.

END DISCUSSION.
Motherfucker?

You Fucking twat.

Top Bottom